The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » AES GOETIA (31 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
piyuyu
View Profile
Veteran user
308 Posts

Profile of piyuyu
Pure Genius prof, pure genius. The Vanishing Leprechaun puzzle... who would have thought of that?

I'm getting this!
David Eichler
View Profile
Grammar Host
Durham, ME
1780 Posts

Profile of David Eichler
This set is a thing of beauty! You've really outdone yourself. I can't wait to actually see it. Heck, I can't wait to see what's cooking as your next release...
spindoc
View Profile
Regular user
167 Posts

Profile of spindoc
I'm in.
Balaram
View Profile
Special user
904 Posts

Profile of Balaram
I must be crass--do you have a price?
Christopher Gould
View Profile
Inner circle
in special pants.
1029 Posts

Profile of Christopher Gould
Wow prof - the bar gets raised beyond reach!
This is truly wonderful stuff, both in terms of ideas and execution.
The Moon is now to be found in the constellation of Gemini:
https://www.geminiartifacts.com
PROF BC
View Profile
Inner circle
1445 Posts

Profile of PROF BC
About price:
As with all my work, I rely upon Dan to evaluate what I have done (taking into consideration the time involved & my own costs--in this case building a special etching tank, using only the best materials, spending over three months hand-scribing the individual plates for etching . . . not to mention working out the mathematics to make the effect work in the first place.) After seeing the first one, he still thinks it is worth 600 GBP, but I do think I talk him down from there (I'm aiming more at the 400 GBP range).

His point, of course, is with only 48 ever being made (and only 43 of those going onto the open market) this qualifies as a limited release collector's item and should be priced accordingly. Again, this is Dan's call (though he's good to listen to me). We'll see.

He says he'll have the order page up on the Lebanon site in the next week or two, but people are already emailing him orders & putting in down payments to reserve one.

Another question asks about language barriers:
AES GOETIA is not language sensitive. The piece contains no modern languages and can therefore be performed in any language. The effect is completely visual. So long as the performer can read the English instruction manual, there are no language barriers at all to the performance of this effect.

In fact, although the supplied backstory revolves around a monastic chapel in the Pyrenees, the performer can place the locus anywhere in the world where an old Christian church might be found.

Best,
BC
Phasmologist
Balaram
View Profile
Special user
904 Posts

Profile of Balaram
Thank you, good to know.
necroloid
View Profile
Special user
Kadar knows all and sees all of my
921 Posts

Profile of necroloid
Who the heck is going to spend $600 on a leprechaun trick!
Me! That's who!
Stunning work as usual! I can hardly wait!
Lucien Astor
View Profile
Special user
Sunken R'lyeh
661 Posts

Profile of Lucien Astor
Wow. No need to make another comment than that: wow.
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
http://www.mrjamespodcast.com/2011/09/ep......rapbook/

This wonder-device reminds me of that story and how it can be used MRJ style....

This is going to ROCK and to use this for a yuletide gathering in front of a fireplace with a small group of colleagues sipping brandy.... oh yeahhhhh

Let the demons LOOOOOOOSE
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
OK - I've read the performance manual...

like usual, Prof BC demonstrates he is amongst (if not is THE) genius leader(s) in this field...

This is wayÿyyyyyyyyyy more than just a clever illusion - just like you've seen him go wild with L@na@ and other effects/props/routines that were excellent and he raised the ability to perform them to stratospheric status... he has done the same here.

First off - the props - nay, the art pieces - are museum quality - and the feeding and care of them is also explained in painstaking detail. I'm going to get a plexiglass lit box on pedestal ala gallery to have this properly displayed. Heck, even if I never perform with it (which is insane for I must perform it I MUST - the demons within demand it)... its a conversation piece like no other... which leads to

Backstory - again, you'd think if there was possessions going on - Prof BC was taken over by M R James himself. The historical background, thematic mood and drama is all provided for you...alter if you wish - but again what is so impressive is that the explanation for why a disc, by 12-3 demons per disk, why a trinity of pieces are all explained by mystical and historical factual information... its not just "I dunno" - the entire thing from the smallest molecule in place makes sense for why the thing exists, why you do what you do during the performance... and so on - because of the amazing backstory.

The big moment - yep - its the type of illusion where even though you know the secret - you intellectually understand the words on the page explaining mathematical theories etc - the eyes still see the WTF moment - and its not leprauchons.. as a collector of Goetic demon statues and such, these demons you can give names, powers, use them each for sorcery - although only one is let loose into the world - who says the ones that remain trapped cannot be forced to do what the sorcerer demands? The loose one can cause mischief as needed... or bottle it up in another object... or follow the rituals provided by prof BC

That is the other thing - no reason why you can't modify as you see fit - I don't think I'd do the exorcism right away - I'd catch that demon in another object to show how you can use it for divination purposes and so on... then force it back into the demon trap later... so you can have it run amok - catch it - force it to reveal secrets to the sitters - then send it back to its home...

And again, the manual goes into detail after detail of every item included - and each item isn't there for show - each can be used to heighten and make the effects work.

Heh, for example, if you don't like to get too Christian - like... one of the reasons there is 3 sections is some holy man made it so to honour the trinity - in my mind - that is what made this particular demon trap funky - that honouring in good intentions allowed the demons to escape the ring once in a while - hence why it needs tending - and the seal of solomon predates Christianity - so, you can flip it anyway you like.... I'm still in brainstorming stage that you could even get all scientific and think that the ancient brass act as storage tapes ala Nigel Kneale... I can get out the PK meters and electromagnetic devices - I can attach wires to the device itself and pretend to send a current - suddenly the 13 demons are now 12 - and I've transferred one demon into a magnetic field containment device - allowing it to communicate with the group... just saying - my mind is running wild on how you play with your pet demon...

OK, I admit Prof BC is one of my heroes and perhaps you think I am biased - but many of you know I hate crap and knockoffs and such - this item is one of the BEST items I've ever seen for sure love of the art, realism, and power... without batteries needed even!!!!

I suggest to my colleagues in darkness - SNAP THESE UP ASAP

This I'm going to use for my annual yuletide cocktails party....
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
ThatsJustWrong!
View Profile
Special user
My flying monkeys are perched on
629 Posts

Profile of ThatsJustWrong!
Any idea when these will be up on the site?
Joe Leo

All entertainers can benefit from some help from an experienced stage director. How about you?

www.MisfitMysteries.com
PROF BC
View Profile
Inner circle
1445 Posts

Profile of PROF BC
Bruce, thank you so very much!

As to the site going up: Dan needs to make photographs for the web site (after he receives his shipment from me, which went out Monday). He says he'll have the site up within 24 hours after they arrive. He should receive his shipment around Tuesday (if USPS & Royal Mail cooperate).

The pieces are complete & are shipping even now (I am again shipping directly to the Americas while Dan will post to Europe, Asia & Oceania).

Dan is currently taking orders via email until he can get the site up.

Oh, and the price has been agreed: 399.99 GBP (the lower figure--Dan is a great guy!)

Best,
BC
Phasmologist
mcharisse
View Profile
Inner circle
York. PA
1226 Posts

Profile of mcharisse
I'm thrilled I was just able to order this. Thank you so much for your fine work and for keeping it in my price range. Rest assured it is going to a good home.

Marc Charisse
OnTiltSoon
View Profile
Special user
Barcelona
543 Posts

Profile of OnTiltSoon
This is a beautiful piece. Sadly, it's over my budget Smile
- Joaquín Gasa Thomas
aqmagish20
View Profile
Regular user
146 Posts

Profile of aqmagish20
Just got confirmation that I am one of the lucky owners. Can't wait. Brilliant thinking.
spindoc
View Profile
Regular user
167 Posts

Profile of spindoc
Just got word that mine is shipping!
Vic Nadata
View Profile
Special user
Charlotte, NC
935 Posts

Profile of Vic Nadata
AES GOETIA in hand!!

Beautiful creation. Very easy to perform and it fooled me the first dozen times I did it. I will spend some serious time on this. I love the fact that it can be used for a gateway to other effects. More thoughts soon.

A+
lucavolpe
View Profile
Inner circle
Italy - London
3349 Posts

Profile of lucavolpe
necroloid
View Profile
Special user
Kadar knows all and sees all of my
921 Posts

Profile of necroloid
Quote:
On 2012-12-08 16:33, lucavolpe wrote:
I can't find it!
http://www.lebanoncircle.co.uk/ProfBC.html

Not up on the site yet. He still has to do photos and build the site You can email Dan for details on how to order directly. You can either purchase outright(as I just finished doing) or you can put a 300 BP down payment to reserve one.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » AES GOETIA (31 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL