The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Let there be magic! » » Is this A Misleading Ad? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

insight
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of insight
Get Paid To Read My Black Magic Lotto Book Containing The Jackpot Numbers
1. My Black Magic Lotto Book contains 100 sets of Powerball lotto picks for 10/31/2012. As a professional magician and mentalist who can predict the future, I envision that one of these picks will hit the jackpot. I will provide My Black Magic Lotto Book to you for free. Furthermore, I will pay you $100 to read My Black Magic Lotto Book.
2. Whether or not you decide to use and act on the information in My Black Magic Lotto Book and buy 100 Powerball lotto tickets is up to you. If you decide not to act on the information contained in My Lotto Book, that is fine and the $100 is yours to keep and to use in any way you want.
3. If the 1 of the 100 sets of Powerball lotto picks for 10/31/2012 result in winning the jackpot (whether or not you decide to play), you agree to then purchase My Magical Jackpot Secret Book for $5,000. This book will contain the actual secret to this mentalist illusion, and I guarantee you will be able to replicate my prediction for future lotto drawings. Otherwise, you pay nothing and the $100 is still yours to keep---no questions asked!
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5021 Posts

Profile of landmark
Misleading? Depends on what you plan to deliver.

But I can pretty well guarantee you won't have enough customers to make it worth your while.
insight
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of insight
What is planned to be delivered is how to create a book with the jackpot numbers before the drawing. Of course, magic is involved. But why wouldnt this attract that many customers? Thanks for your input.
barts185
View Profile
Inner circle
Can you believe I've been wrong on
1343 Posts

Profile of barts185
Just making sure I understand the bait and payoff.

You'll pay me $100 to read your book, which contains 100 sets of Powerball numbers (5 numbers plus the Powerball number), delivered far enough in advance of the drawing that I can play them. Whether or not I choose to play them is up to me, and I can just keep the $100.

If one of those numbers hits the first prize jackpot (not a lesser amount, only if it wins the actual first prize of however many million for the 5 numbers plus the powerball number), I agree to pay you $5000 and you'll tell me how to produce numbers which will supposedly win future first place prizes.

Of course, since no one won on 10/31/12, I'm seeing a flaw already, but that's a different issue.
insight
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of insight
Barts 185, yes that's correct. This utilizes a principle I will be releasing soon. The date of 10.31.12 was just a placeholder. It can be any drawing on any date.

Regards,
Mike
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4452 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
Sign me up. Do you want my Paypal address or are you sending a check?

Can I sign up more than once?
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
insight
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of insight
Is this still misleading? I added some new language:

My Black Magic Lotto Book Contains The Jackpot Numbers For At Least One Of The PowerBall Drawings Over The Next 6 Months

Follow these 10 steps to Winning The Jackpot!

1. My Black Magic Lotto Book contains 100 sets of Powerball lotto picks. As a professional mentalist who can predict the future (for entertainment purposes only), I envision that one of these picks will hit the jackpot before June 30, 2013.
2. Whether or not you decide to use and act on the information in My Black Magic Lotto Book and buy 100 Powerball lotto tickets is up to you. If you decide not to act on the information contained in my Black Magic Lotto Book, that is completely fine. But do know that others have paid $5,000 to learn my secret.
3. I am so convinced that my system works 100% of the time that I am offering this to you for FREE. No risk on your part, whatsoever!
4. If 1 of the 100 sets of Powerball lotto picks in my book results in winning the jackpot (whether or not you decide to play) by June 30, 2013, you agree to then purchase my Black Magic Lotto Book (2nd edition) for $5,000. This 2nd edition book will contain the actual secret to the mentalism illusion, and I guarantee you will be able to replicate jackpot predictions for future lotto drawings, in the same exact manner that I am able to do so.
5.If, after reading the secret contained in my 2nd edition book, you are not able to make 100% accurate jackpot predictions (for entertainment purposes only), I will offer a double-your-money-back guarantee. That's right, I will pay you $10,000. That's how confident I am in my system and in its ability to help you, through the art of mentalism, do exactly what I am able to do---publish a book that you can sell to others (yes, also for $5,000) that contains the winning jackpot numbers (and the secret to predicting them), long before the actual drawing.
6. If interested in receiving my free book, simply email me at (put email address), and register to be placed on my interest list (limited to 100 individuals only). Every registrant will receive a personal phone call from me to confirm receipt of my book and answer any questions you may have.
7. Please note that I am limiting interest in my book to only 100 individuals due to the highly secret and powerful nature of the information contained therein.
8. Once you become aware of the secret, it could be used for illegal purposes. If you end up purchasing the 2nd edition book, I am not liable for any illegal use of the information on your part to generate illicit profits.
9. If you end up purchasing the 2nd edition book, you will be sent an invoice on June 30, 2013. This is the day that all 100 copies of the book (containing the mentalism secret) will be distributed. This secret will never be sold again.
10. Remember, the 2nd edition book is for those seriously interested in the art of mentalism to predict jackpot winning numbers. The money-back guarantee is very clear. If you are not able to do exactly what I am able to do in terms of creating the illusion of having predicted the jackpot winning numbers through the publication of a book (in advance of the drawing), then I will double-your-money-back!

Regards,
Mike
barts185
View Profile
Inner circle
Can you believe I've been wrong on
1343 Posts

Profile of barts185
This is quite a different offer.

Initally, I had to agree with Tom Jorgenson and wanted to know how many times I could take you up on this offer Smile

You were giving yourself 100 chances at winning a particular drawing and I was essentially giving you 50-1 odds that your 100 numbers wouldn't win.

Now you're giving yourself many more chances and not paying anything upfront. So now you're free-rolling for people to pay you 5000. You're offering a 10000 to 5000 guarantee that they'll be able to win again, but that's only after they have paid you.

Can you provide documentation that "people" have acutally paid 5000 for this secret?
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4452 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
So. If I have faith in your system, as a system, I need to invest $100 twice a week for 6 months? If your numbers come up, I then pay you 5grand for another 6month's worth of numbers.

Are you selling a system to win to gamblers or is this supposed to be played as some sort of Mentalism performance piece?

As a system it is krap, as a performance thing, I can predict the winners every day with a Nelson prediction pen, a TT, or any of 100's of ways without being concerned about locking in a $5000 payment. As a performer, I just don't need you.

Who are you selling this to? Who do you think your customers are going to be? It sure reads more scam than anything else.

Perhaps I'm missing something here, but I don't think you've got anything here. As we used to say in the real estate biz,
you're selling yourself with a Pencil Pitch. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Danny Kazam
View Profile
Inner circle
1516 Posts

Profile of Danny Kazam
"My Black Magic Lotto Book Contains The Jackpot Numbers For At Least One Of The PowerBall Drawings Over The Next 6 Months"

This is giving the impression that your black magic lotto book contains the winning jackpot numbers for at least one of the powerball drawings over the next 6 months, which of course would have to be a lie. Even if you could predict the lottery, you have no way to prove your claim. Advertisers must have evidence to back up their claims.

All businesses have a legal responsibility to ensure that any advertising claims are truthful, not deceptive and that your marketing activities don’t break the law. Consumer laws differ from country to country.

An ad is decided from the of view of the consumer, and any person looking at the ad. The context, words, phrases, and pictures are taken into account to determine what it conveys to consumers. If you are trying to deceive consumers with the ad, it'll end up being deceitful and misleading.

It would be reasonable for a consumer to conclude from the statement "My Black Magic Lotto Book Contains The Jackpot Numbers For At Least One Of The PowerBall Drawings Over The Next 6 Months" that the product will make them powerball jackpot winners within 6 months. Even though it's not what you are meaning, it is what's implied that matters. Under the law, advertisers must have proof to back up claims that consumers take from an ad.
Keep your dreams alive. Understand to achieve anything requires faith and belief in yourself, vision, hard work, determination, and dedication. Remember all things are possible for those who believe.
Herr Brian Tabor
View Profile
Special user
West Virginia
726 Posts

Profile of Herr Brian Tabor
I don't know you as a person, so this is not meant to be offensive to you, but I calls it like I sees it.

This simply looks like some sort of advanced pyramid scheme. I think you need to define more clearly "jackpot". You also need some sort of proof that others have not only purchased the 5000$ book you claimed, but that they've made money on it. It just seems like a scheme to me too because if you could predict the lottery jackpot, and are so sure it works you think the method is worth 5 grand, why not win the lottery several times and just not bother with selling a book?

It sounds like you're paying 10,000$ to people to play the lottery for you, and if they win they have to give you some of the money, under the guise of buying a book. For all we know you're just picking random numbers, and the sets of numbers you give to each person are all different. So 100 people playing 100 numbers that are all different from the other people's numbers mean 10,000 chances each drawing, giving you a much higher chance of one of them winning each time, which would get you 5,000 bucks a pop. If at least two people win, there's your money back and the rest after that is profit. Best part is instead of paying 10,000 dollars every week for 6 months, which would cost you 10,000x6x4(assuming each month has 4 weeks) that's a total of 240,000$ OTHER people are paying to play all those numbers. If you were to do that, and lose, you're lost 240 grand. If they do it and lose, you've only lost 10 grand. IF however, they all pay the 240,000 dollars to play the hundred numbers every week, and at least three of them win, you've just made 5000 grand profit, even more if more people win.

Sounds to me nothing more than "if you play the lottery with the numbers I give you and win, you give me 5 grand and I'll tell you how to get other people to play the lottery for you, too."

I did some research online, and many lottery websites warn of such scams, and you can find detailed scams and frauds that sound very close to this formula. Often pyramid schemes start by giving the new initiate some of their product, which in this case is simply money.

Wiki gives this on Matrix scams: "Matrix schemes use the same fraudulent non-sustainable system as a pyramid; here, the participants pay to join a waiting list for a desirable product which only a fraction of them can ever receive. Since matrix schemes follow the same laws of geometric progression as pyramids, they are subsequently as doomed to collapse. Such schemes operate as a queue, where the person at head of the queue receives an item such as a television, games console, digital camcorder, etc. when a certain number of new people join the end of the queue. For example ten joiners may be required for the person at the front to receive their item and leave the queue. Each joiner is required to buy an expensive but potentially worthless item, such as an e-book, for their position in the queue. The scheme organizer profits because the income from joiners far exceeds the cost of sending out the item to the person at the front. Organizers can further profit by starting a scheme with a queue with shill names that must be cleared out before genuine people get to the front. The scheme collapses when no more people are willing to join the queue. Schemes may not reveal, or may attempt to exaggerate, a prospective joiner's queue position which essentially means the scheme is a lottery. Some countries have ruled that matrix schemes are illegal on that basis."

Again, I don't know you, but this screams scam to me.
Herr Brian Tabor
View Profile
Special user
West Virginia
726 Posts

In other words, to understand the Matrix/pyramid scheme, You give them the numbers, only a hundred people are eligible. That puts you at the top of the queue. They play, you win, then you sell them the book that lets them do the same, meaning you exit the queue and now they are all at the top of their own queue ready to perform the same scam.
Herr Brian Tabor
View Profile
Special user
West Virginia
726 Posts

Lastly, you say "If the 1 of the 100 sets of Powerball lotto picks for 10/31/2012 result in winning the jackpot (whether or not you decide to play), you agree to then purchase My Magical Jackpot Secret Book for $5,000. "

Meaning that if you send them all different numbers, you have 10,000 chances that someone has to give you 5 grand, whether they played or not.
If you do give them all the same set of numbers, and one of those numbers hit, then ALL of them have to give you % grand, netting you 500,000 dollars.
On top of that, if you give out more than the 100 you claim, let's say you give out 10,000 of these sets, for example, and one of those numbers hit, then you have 10,000 people sending you 5 grand each. Yep, that's 50 million dollars.

Either way, this is a scam. It's essentially betting each person what the numbers will be, with 100$ agains 5 grand.
Alex L. Molina
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of Alex L. Molina
Hello All Smile

Happy Holidays...

Either I'm having an acid-trip & the words I'm reading here don't really exists - lol - or this is some sort of comedy routine for a mentalist effect I'm misunderstanding in some way???

Is this a joke???

lol - ok, I'll take the bate in any case: if you can predict the future, why waste so much time/energy getting peeps do this with/for you - just play the numbers you know are gonna win you the bajillions in the lottery yourself...

...then again, you may just be a very generous soul simply wanting to sincerely share your gifts with others

seriously guys, if this is serious, I'm very surprised it hasn't been deleted by Steve - I suspect it very well will be once it's seen & perhaps result in possible member-ban
"YOU Are The MAGIC"

Peace, Love, & Success
alex

www.FB.com/ASAOPEpresentsTUCHT
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4452 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
The thing falls apart from a fundamental flaw...no court in any land will command a purchaser to send you anything if they did NOT buy a ticket for the winning lotto draw. As I understand it, courts do not enforce gambling debts, and anyone who did NOT buy that winning ticket will tell you to GFY when you come begging for your 5 grand.

This thing is dead in the water, belly up, bloated and illegal I'm afraid...so the precise wording in your ad is moot: At best it won't fly, at worst you're in jail lighting cigarettes for Big Bubba.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Let there be magic! » » Is this A Misleading Ad? (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.23 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL