The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Tarot routine? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Warren-Peace
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of Warren-Peace
I have no experience with tarot whatsoever. Other than a beautiful vintage set I have acquired. I would love some advice.
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Advice,on how to read ?
Or,an effect...you can use the Tarot with ?
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
Warren-Peace
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of Warren-Peace
I am looking for effects. I am really not interested in reading. But would like dvd,book,routines creators etc.
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
DVD,"Karnival of Magick"...'The Chosen Path'!

Easy,and is not to bad of an effect! Smile

Gary
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
RCP
View Profile
Inner circle
Two Minnie's in The Hell's Half Acre, The Republic of Texas
2183 Posts

Profile of RCP
http://www.amazon.com/Play-Shadows-Tarot......+c+tahoe

Quite a few will be offended by “tricks” using a Tarot deck……………..
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18028 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Quote:
On 2012-10-28 19:56, RCP wrote:
http://www.amazon.com/Play-Shadows-Tarot......+c+tahoe

Quite a few will be offended by “tricks” using a Tarot deck……………..

I recommend this one also...
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Warren-Peace
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of Warren-Peace
I have Karnival of Magick. Tony's path chosen is fun and easy to learn. In the play etc looks like a great book.
afinemesh
View Profile
Inner circle
Senseless gibberish that amounts to
2621 Posts

Profile of afinemesh
TC's book is a winner! Get it!
"I've always been mental, I'm sure of it" Boris Pocus Smile

"Someday we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny". . .Bruce Springsteen
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Can you still get ,TC's book ?
leaycraft
View Profile
Regular user
191 Posts

Profile of leaycraft
I would also recommend The Black Hart and books by Lord Freddie Ballantine via Mystick Menagerie.
"It is an old maxim of mine that when you have excluded the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." A. Conan Doyle," The Sign of Four"
Warren-Peace
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of Warren-Peace
I have inquired TC through private message to find out if it is indeed still available. I have read up on it but can not seem to find it for sale yet.
afinemesh
View Profile
Inner circle
Senseless gibberish that amounts to
2621 Posts

Profile of afinemesh
Contact TC personally. He is a member here!
"I've always been mental, I'm sure of it" Boris Pocus Smile

"Someday we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny". . .Bruce Springsteen
Warren-Peace
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of Warren-Peace
I just heard back from TC. The hard copy book "In the play of shadows; the tarot effects" has been "out of print". The ebook is still available for $25. You can contact TC at tc@tctahoe.com if you are interested.
Jon W.
View Profile
Loyal user
228 Posts

Profile of Jon W.
Beware of which edition of "In the Play of Shadows" you purchase. I have a paperback version I ordered from Amazon and it is riddled with grammatical errors and has a crib sheet missing. I was disappointed. If you can somehow get a copy of Book of Thoth by Minch then grab the chance.
scathmadre
View Profile
New user
73 Posts

Profile of scathmadre
Steven Minch did a collection of Tarot based routines a while back.
or you could hunt down the complete Invocation, lots of material there.
or - you could just learn to read the cards. What vintage deck did you get?
Warren-Peace
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of Warren-Peace
Jon w.The version TC has to offer is an updated ebook version with additions. Scathmadre, as far as what vintage deck I have is unknown. I can tell you it has fantastic art,well used and has 22 larger than poker size cards. I am learning about the different kinds available, major/minor,22/56 cards, occult/non-occult. etc. The tarot has a very interesting past. 14th Europe,the tarot (first known as trionfi and later as tarocchi, tarock, and others) is a pack of playing cards (most commonly numbering 78), used from the mid-15th century in various parts of Europe to play a group of card games such as Italian tarocchini and French tarot. From the late 18th century until the present time the tarot has also found use by mystics and occultists in efforts at divination or as a map of mental and spiritual pathways. Plenty of fun history.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Tarot routine? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL