The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » What's your favorite ungaffed coins across? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Thaomodzo
View Profile
New user
Michigan
28 Posts

Profile of Thaomodzo
Quote:
On 2012-10-29 21:13, Atom3339 wrote:
Three Flu? Hmmmm. Appropriate for the season, I 'spose.

Sorry, did not realize I wrote "three flu" I meant to write three fly lol. The reason why some have said to me that my routine reminds them of three fly is because they thought I was doing a three fly with showing four coins. So afterward, we joked and called it four fly.
Mr. Mystoffelees
View Profile
Inner circle
I haven't changed anyone's opinion in
3621 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mystoffelees
Three flu sounds interesting- you should give it a shot...
Also known, when doing rope magic, as "Cordini"
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27150 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
The three ahead coins across Harry wrote up for apocalypse magazine still works.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8844 Posts

Profile of Mb217
There are so many that work well. I like my Krazy Koins Across and my EZ-Breezy Coins Across as people typically like their own versions of this classic of coin magic, which greatly lends itself to your own creativity. But I will also mention Jay Sankey's popular one that set quite a fire to the genre way beyond that of most personal favorites.
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
Zhang
View Profile
Special user
515 Posts

Profile of Zhang
Quote:
On 2012-10-30 06:38, jedoonatmagic wrote:
I have a 3 coin C/A that I use every once in a while. I use it on magicians and only sometimes for laymen. It looks really impossible, and it's fairly hard to do. You really have to do a few sleights with pin point presision. If and when I do publish it..., you will know exactly what I mean. The sleight that is "new" has multiple uses. I can't wait till publish it, cause I think people will have a lot of use for it. I hope to publish it via video some time next year, when I move back to Orlando and have friends that'll help me out with the project. The C/A routine will be called "Phoenix coins across." It was the 1st name that I had given it, and I think I'll be keeping it.

TJ

I saw the Phoenix coins across when you posted it at the magic video depot a while back and it floored me twice in a row.It is one of the cleanest C/A I've seen.

Please publish it soon.
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8695 Posts

Profile of harris
I love doing a 3 coins across and as a kicker the coins change to chinese..

Then the kicker gets kicked as they change to english coins...
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
fonda57
View Profile
Inner circle
chicago
2956 Posts

Profile of fonda57
Larry Jennings has a terrific one in The Collected Almanac, and I believe it is also in The Classic Magic of Larry Jennings.

MB's Krazy Koins Across is fun and magical.
I j
Atom3339
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
3242 Posts

Profile of Atom3339
Does Rindfleisch have an ungaffed version? I would think so.
TH

Occupy Your Dream
Thaomodzo
View Profile
New user
Michigan
28 Posts

Profile of Thaomodzo
Quote:
On 2012-10-30 09:33, Mr. Mystoffelees wrote:
Three flu sounds interesting- you should give it a shot...

I think I should give it a try. But since it is a four coins across, I think it should be called four flu. An effect so crazy, it will make you sick.

Now just a few thoughts on a good coins across. To me there is no reason to always show you are putting a number of coins in one hand and then picking up the rest from a table or from a spectator's hand. To me, the transfers should be done in a way where you do not show the transfer at all. What it should look like, is how it would look if we were doing real magic. So to me I found a way to some what make it look like that I am only showing where the coins are, close my hands, and then open them again to show one travled to the other hand. Again this is what I think, so no one has to agree with what I am saying.

- Dillon
jedoonatmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
FL/residing temp. TX
228 Posts

Profile of jedoonatmagic
Haha...wow Zhang, taking it all the way back to my Magicvideodepot hay days! Thanks for the kind words. I'm hoping everyone will get a kick out of it too. The only difference in the routine now is the last coin. The method for the last coin has changed, it looks even more impossible now. Smile

TJ
One for the money...., 2 for a pass..., 3 for a Fly..., and 4 for matrix!
Strange Tasting Fish Sticks
View Profile
1988 - 2013
The Big Brother is watching you
1095 Posts

Profile of Strange Tasting Fish Sticks
I like Gregory Wilson's 3/4 from on the spot. I'll check out the drs. rubinstein routine as well. Thanks Michael .
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
In formal sets I do either David Roth's Easy Expert Coins Across or Greg Eanes' S.C.A.T. from Apocalypse - in fact I tend to do this one more than the David Roth effect.

Impromptu I still do Nelson Hahne's Winged Silver from Bobo. I've been look at Larry Jennings' Standing Three Eagles as a sort of diminishing coins across mini-routine ala Slydini but without the table. The methodology is wonderful.

BTW, if anybody here does the Hahne version, do it in the spectators hands as it provides logical motivation for the hand to hand transfers among other things.
Zhang
View Profile
Special user
515 Posts

Profile of Zhang
Quote:
On 2012-10-30 22:24, jedoonatmagic wrote:
Haha...wow Zhang, taking it all the way back to my Magicvideodepot hay days! Thanks for the kind words. I'm hoping everyone will get a kick out of it too. The only difference in the routine now is the last coin. The method for the last coin has changed, it looks even more impossible now. Smile

TJ

Hey TJ,

You are welcome.That sounds great, the first handling was already impossible to me.Now I can't wait to see that.

Do it soon Smile.

All the best.
iceblade
View Profile
Loyal user
254 Posts

Profile of iceblade
Best coins across IMHO is Mr. Clean Coins Across (which is a Tenkai Pennies adaptation) by Sankey
My second favorite is Roth's Winged Silver (I've adapted it for 3 coins instead of 4)
qkeli
View Profile
Special user
paris,france
697 Posts

Profile of qkeli
Tommy wonder for me !
rockmartian
View Profile
New user
82 Posts

Profile of rockmartian
I agree with Greg Wilson's 3/4 across. It's just plain fun.
Mr. Mystoffelees
View Profile
Inner circle
I haven't changed anyone's opinion in
3621 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mystoffelees
Where can one find Greg's version?
Also known, when doing rope magic, as "Cordini"
rockmartian
View Profile
New user
82 Posts

Profile of rockmartian
His Dvd "On the Spot". Its all about the rhythm and timing like many of Gregs routines.
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
3330 Posts

Profile of warren
For me it has to be Jay Sankeys Mr Clean coins across which is very similar to Greg Wilsons 3/4 across although I think Sankey's was out first,i'm sure someone more knowledgeable will correct me.
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5340 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Quote:
On 2012-11-04 09:48, Mr. Mystoffelees wrote:
Where can one find Greg's version?

In some reviews for the "On The Spot" DVD, I believe it is labeled "Palm Open Coins Across". It's labeled "3/4 Coins Across" on the DVD itself.

Greg does it with quarters - in keeping with the "impromptu" nature of all the routines on the DVD - but you can certainly perform it with half-dollars. Dollars, too, if you handle them well.

Jim
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » What's your favorite ungaffed coins across? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL