The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » What's your favorite ungaffed coins across? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Rick Holcombe
View Profile
Special user
528 Posts

Profile of Rick Holcombe
I've enjoyed doing Ponta The Smith's version over the past few years. But, there's one ugly part after the first coin that I had to change to make it a little cleaner looking.
Steven Keyl
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington, D.C.
2579 Posts

Profile of Steven Keyl
Although I'm not terribly conversant with all of the coins across effects out there, the ones that I've worked the most and enjoy performing are Sankey's Mr. Clean Coins Across or if you prefer its other name, 3/4 Across by Greg Wilson. They are both essentially the same, as noted above, but they both contain quite different motivating actions. Having worked on them both I use the (slightly) different handlings interchangeably now.

I'll be checking into Rubinstein's recommendation and Vlad's Apocalypse suggestion as well. Great info, everyone. Thanks.
Steven Keyl - The Human Whisperer!

Come visit Magic Book Report.com!

"If you ever find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause, and reflect." --Mark Twain
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
Greenwich (CT)
6799 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
Craig Petty's routine where the coins travel across from one of the spectators' hand to the hands of another...
Audience participation is what makes magic memorable... like copper silver in their hands, like the sponge balls routines...

The question in the thread would have perhaps been potentially richer, if it had been "what makes your ungaffed coins across routine your favorite?"
Magic is the art of proving impossible things in parallel dimensions that can't be reached
Akal Singh
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

Profile of Akal Singh
1) 4 coins: Derek Dingle's version in Roth's Expert Coin Magic using Deep back clip.

2) "3 coins": Michael Ammar coins across where the last one disappears (spider vanish), is thrown into the air, and then materialize IN THE SPECTATOR'S HAND as it falls back down. From Easy to Master Money Miracles.
Russell Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Hampshire, England
1106 Posts

Profile of Russell Davidson
Roth's with the [ is nice.

Michael Ammar's Incredible Coins Across is also pretty tasty.

Tommy Wonder's is fantastic but not too easy.
boydy
View Profile
Special user
Ayrshire, Scotland
861 Posts

Profile of boydy
Al Schneiders coins across using the pop up move which is very deceptive although odd to put a coin on your hand like that...
magicbymccauley
View Profile
Special user
830 Posts

Profile of magicbymccauley
My own coins across.
"Tricks are about objects, Magic is about life."
-Max Maven
tm613
View Profile
Regular user
Phila, PA
124 Posts

Profile of tm613
Quote:
On 2012-11-13 15:21, magicbymccauley wrote:
My own coins across.

Same here. Using many different methods. I like every coin to go across a different way..inspired by Geoff latta routine in bonus section of NYCMS Vol 1

First one Benzais friction palm
Seconds coin. Popup move
Third coin click pass
Last coin HPC
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4857 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
First one MARLO'S Friction Pass!!! ( Bulls Eye Coin tricks Pg. 7. !942!) But don't Take my world for it! Look it up!!!
David Neighbors

The Coinjurer

www.coinjurer.com
tm613
View Profile
Regular user
Phila, PA
124 Posts

Profile of tm613
Quote:
On 2012-11-13 18:31, David Neighbors wrote:
First one MARLO'S Friction Pass!!! ( Bulls Eye Coin tricks Pg. 7. !942!) But don't Take my world for it! Look it up!!!

I'll look for it. Of course you can also use an older move.Al Baker Steal
magicbymccauley
View Profile
Special user
830 Posts

I really dislike the click pass. As a move I think it stinks. HPC or a steal is way better. Rune Klan had an excellent click pass which was better (instead of putting the coins in your hand one at a time, you put them simultaneously). But for the third coin I use a steal, since it's way better in my opinion.
-Max Maven
magicbymccauley
View Profile
Special user
830 Posts

Four coins
1. Classic or Finger Palm two (not one) as you pass the coins to the left.
2. Drop one out of classic palm R into the spectator's hands.
3. Jingle other two quickly in L and call them three.
4. Drop second coin.
5. Display two and two, and then pinky steal third coin.
6. Make a joke and simply place the last coin in their hands, then say "just kidding" and replace it, but really use your best vanish(Dean Dill).

Lastly, say "You're such a good helper I'm going to let you keep the coins. French drop all four and shake your closed hand as you turn to the side and ditch all four.
-Max Maven
magicbymccauley
View Profile
Special user
830 Posts

-Max Maven
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4857 Posts

Yea Marlo Did not name it The Friction Pass! In fact He did not Give It a name!
David Neighbors

The Coinjurer

www.coinjurer.com
tm613
View Profile
Regular user
Phila, PA
124 Posts

Profile of tm613
One of the criteria I set was hands are completely open and coins are openly displayed after each coin goes across.
magicbymccauley
View Profile
Special user
830 Posts

>One of the criteria I set was hands are completely open and coins are openly displayed after each coin goes >across.

Then you're going to need a ]. There's no way to do it otherwise. Coins across without ever closing either hand? I'd like to see it. I guess you could sleeve.
-Max Maven
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4857 Posts

OK I just worked One Out! Smile I will have to play with it a bit! Smile It's Not ungaffed those! Smile
David Neighbors

The Coinjurer

www.coinjurer.com
magicbymccauley
View Profile
Special user
830 Posts

By the way, in case you're wondering this is the best coin routine that's ever been done.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZ0ZNcrYDEA
-Max Maven
tm613
View Profile
Regular user
Phila, PA
124 Posts

Profile of tm613
Quote:
On 2012-11-13 23:01, magicbymccauley wrote:
>One of the criteria I set was hands are completely open and coins are openly displayed after each coin goes >across.

Then you're going to need a ]. There's no way to do it otherwise. Coins across without ever closing either hand? I'd like to see it. I guess you could sleeve.

That's not what I meant. The hands Re opened AFTER each coin goes across. No holding out
magicbymccauley
View Profile
Special user
830 Posts

OKay. So HPC for coin #2. No big deal.
-Max Maven
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » What's your favorite ungaffed coins across? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL