The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Devilish desires catalogue of strange (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
magicken22
View Profile
New user
United Kingdom
42 Posts

Profile of magicken22
My last post was evidently misworded, it was referring to a new range of bizarre effects,andrew normansell's "devilish desires catalogue of strange",my query was simply "would any purchasers please give me some constructive feedback on what they thought",any interesting comments,criticisms and thoughts would be well received,andrew informs me that he sold out at doomsday earlier this year,so there must be at least one who currently owns some new stuff ?, thanks all
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Maybe,you could add a link to his site?
The last thread,did not last long...but,he did have some pretty cool looking effects,on his site! And,they seemed to be priced at very reasonable prices,too!
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
magicken22
View Profile
New user
United Kingdom
42 Posts

Profile of magicken22
I am afraid to put a link on a post in case it gets deleted again, but if you click my profile pic the link to my site is there!
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
I found it,I had to check a few different sites,could not remember the name,being from the US ! lol

http://www.bizarre-magic.co.uk

The site does have some cool, effects!

I'm Checking out,Hexed !
But,I have never made a purchase,here!
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4810 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Cool I like the look of some of this stuff and good prices aswell.
View Profile
Elite user
433 Posts

Profile of 13
Here is a link to a video performance of one of the effects they sell called "Chasing the Dragon"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIX5k1qBeFE&feature=plcp
magicken22
View Profile
New user
United Kingdom
42 Posts

Profile of magicken22
Great effects but I am biased as it is my site,must admit not the best performance it was just a practice, Hexed is my favourite.
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
13, that gave me the creeps! I wish I could do an authentic British accent! That adds to it immensely!

Doug
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
There is 3 effects on the site,I added to my wish list!

No,playing cards though! Smile
Mind illusionist
View Profile
Special user
Australia
949 Posts

Profile of Mind illusionist
Nice site! Moriarty's slates caught my eye, as I have always wanted go get spirit slates, but never liked the old standard method as it doesn't allow the slates to be examined by spectators.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18028 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Quote:
On 2012-10-30 19:04, 13 wrote:
Here is a link to a video performance of one of the effects they sell called "Chasing the Dragon"
Have you read "The Book of Thoth"?????
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Lucien Astor
View Profile
Special user
Sunken R'lyeh
661 Posts

Profile of Lucien Astor
Quote:
On 2012-11-02 00:19, Slim King wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-10-30 19:04, 13 wrote:
Have you read "The Book of Thoth"?????

It does look like Minch's "Towering Prediction" from the book of thoth. When I was selling my Secreta Sapientiae Major Arcana, it had that effect built into the crib, allowing one to seamlessly transition from other effects into Towering Predicition ( http://www.mediumarts.ca/major_arcana.html ). I had written to Mr. Minch and got his express permission to teach it. This is not a sales pitch, as the deck is sold out.
magicken22
View Profile
New user
United Kingdom
42 Posts

Profile of magicken22
I will check with Andrew tomorrow! but I am 99% sure he did not take the effect from the book of Thoth.
magicken22
View Profile
New user
United Kingdom
42 Posts

Profile of magicken22
Thanks for your queries regards "chasing the dragon", it's certainly true that a variation of this appears in stephen minch's book, however the original format of this type of effect can be traced back to martin gardner, and subsequently appears in a number of varying places, sources such as karl Fulves, t.a waters etc, this type of effect has been published before and as such has been successfully utilised by the likes of max maven, derren brown and so on, the cards used in stephen minch's excellent version used different cards and is not accompanied by the original story and presentation as presented in our version,
AronJRobinsonMM
View Profile
New user
Manchester, England, UK
4 Posts

Profile of AronJRobinsonMM
Evening all, Thought I'd better add my parchment to the flame here.

I have the distinct honour of being the "Authentic British Accent" attributed to the video linked above

I myself take my accents for granted when performing these style of routines but I apologise if I have upset or scared any of our foreign "friends"

Seriously though I have performed most of if not all of the routines contained in this catalogue and will recommend them 100% to any serious bizarreists

Look forward to liaising with you all

Aron J. Robinson
Midnight Magic
Aron Robinson

where the Bizarre and Dark Magic are the norm
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
821 Posts

Profile of acesover
While I like the premise of removing the cards I do not see anything magical or mystical of the removing of the chosen cards as there is no reason to remove the cards suggested until the last two cards remain. Or am I missing something?

I do love the props. Now if you removed the card that you landed on...that would be impressive.
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
AronJRobinsonMM
View Profile
New user
Manchester, England, UK
4 Posts

Hello acesover, thanks for your comments, if you removed the cards landed on, it may well be a different trick !, I take your point, but it is also interesting that you have not landed on any of the cards that are removed in turn, making it seem more random and chaotic, in accordance with the story, it is suggested that the devil himself is in control of the proceedings and is engineering the whole procedure, fate and it's varying options are being whittled down gradually leaving an ever increasing number of limited options hopefully making for a unique and off beat offering, what do you think ?
Aron Robinson

AronJRobinsonMM
View Profile
New user
Manchester, England, UK
4 Posts

I would like to post a review of one of the many bizarre effects available but am wondering which one people would like to see

Please post and I will endeavor to supply

Yours Darkly,

Midnight a.k.a. Aron J Robinson
Aron Robinson

Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
'Hexed' or 'Satan's Wishes'
AronJRobinsonMM
View Profile
New user
Manchester, England, UK
4 Posts

Godzilla your wish is my command!

Watch this space I will post these shortly
Aron Robinson

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Devilish desires catalogue of strange (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL