The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » The Prodigal - Just Released (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
TheGingerWizard
View Profile
Special user
733 Posts

Profile of TheGingerWizard
I was bored yesterday and was looking for something to keep me occupied for a bit, I decided to buy this after reading this thread.

I have to say that I'm very happy I did! It is well thought out, well written and easy to read. It is almost like Atlas read my mind Smile He described my relationship with this method perfectly. I would imagine this to be the case for a lot of mentalists also.

One thing I will say is that I am so happy I did not know the method written about before I bought it, I would of surely disregarded it if I did. It is a blessing that didn't happen!

Needless to say this kept me occupied for a lot longer than the intended 'bit' I will be revisiting the ideas presented in this book and very much look forward to proving my previous arguments wrong.

One 'method' A plethora of 'effects'!

Highly recommended
rockbrunnen
View Profile
Elite user
431 Posts

Profile of rockbrunnen
Missed the special price...
TheGingerWizard
View Profile
Special user
733 Posts

Profile of TheGingerWizard
I hate it when that happens! If it helps it is well worth the regular price!
seamagu
View Profile
Special user
885 Posts

Profile of seamagu
Quote:
On 2012-11-01 06:41, TheGingerWizard wrote:

Needless to say this kept me occupied for a lot longer than the intended 'bit' I will be revisiting the ideas presented in this book and very much look forward to proving my previous arguments wrong.

I'll second that,

'The Prodigal' has resulted in me spending far too much time developing new effects.
It really is a lot of fun and I'm getting great satisfaction from each one I develop. I have road tested one of the effects in the book and it works really well.

If you use the psychological mentalist approach (as I do) you will find this to be an excellent resource, works like this are few and far between for this approach. However, if you don't use this approach, it is still an excellent resource!

regards,

Sea.
I love post its Smile
JohnWells
View Profile
Inner circle
The Southern Wild
1791 Posts

Profile of JohnWells
Quite good. I'm no longer capable of using the material (mild stroke, cognitive issues from renal failure), but it's the most systematic treatment of the idea I've seen, an with the other products, this will be a most worthy offering.
seamagu
View Profile
Special user
885 Posts

Profile of seamagu
Sorry to hear that John,

You might still be able to use some of the effects over the phone or by email though.

regards,

Sea.
I love post its Smile
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
Just saw this. It looked good at $20. Have to think about it at $40

Sounds like a wonderful tool.
Astrych
View Profile
New user
Poland
4 Posts

Profile of Astrych
Hi, I'm new one here and I decided to join the forum because of 'The Prodigal' Smile

What I want to say is, despite the fact that I didn't know what method is described in the book before I bought it, it turned out to be exactly what I was looking for! Probably thanks to my six sense Smile Anyway, I've been thinking of using this system in my repertoire since 2011 but I was afraid of doing it (maybe because I mainly perform in Polish). And now I think I'll finally be able to do this. Thanks to Atlas and his wonderful book.
Atlas
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of Atlas
Wow. I am truly humbled by all these incredible reviews.

Stephen - I am glad that you liked "The Prodigal" and can envision it sort of becoming a standard text for those interested in this method.

Rich - I am pleased that you have seen the enormous potential this offers and are actually looking forward to putting in the effort! And, of course, I'm flattered that you think it is one of the best purchases that you've made.

Doc - Thank you for the kind words - I appreciate the insight and perspective.

GingerWizard - I'm happy that you didn't skip over this - I wrote the book to change perspectives regarding this method. You are the exact sort of person it was intended for. And the fact that you said that if you had known which method was being addressed, you would have overlooked the book based on your preconceived ideas... That only reinforces my decision not to explicitly state the method this book was written to address. I am glad that you got a chance to read it!

Sea - I am glad to hear that you are already tinkering. I am positive that some fantastic new ideas will come from this method as people begin to see how it was meant to be performed and begin to experiment with it in earnest.

Again, thanks to everyone for all the great feedback!

I hope to share more of my work with you in the coming months...

Best,

Atlas
seamagu
View Profile
Special user
885 Posts

Profile of seamagu
Hi Atlas,

I think 'The Prodigal' really lends itself to tinkering and I have been working on a few ideas that others may be interested in. Obviously this is not the right place to share ideas developed from your work. But maybe I could send you on some of my ideas and if people are interested they could contact you or something? What do you think?

Thanks,

Sea.
I love post its Smile
Atlas
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of Atlas
Sea,

That is a great idea. I've received a number of emails from others outlining some FANTASTIC ideas that they've had after reading "The Prodigal". I will sound them out about sharing their work and maybe I can include some of these ideas in an email to everyone who has purchased it.

Again, great idea!

Best,

Atlas
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6732 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Atlas sent me a copy to review. Here is what I had to say:

I was able to read it. Good stuff. You've definitely put a lot of work into this.

I think many will find a lot of useful ideas inside and end up getting a good grasp of using this technique. It's well worth the attention of many mentalists. Very thorough coverage and history of this method. Congratulations.

l love what you have to say about this method and technique.

Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
Prager
View Profile
Inner circle
e-Mentalism.com
1858 Posts

Profile of Prager
Quote:
On 2012-11-03 18:20, Greg Arce wrote:
Atlas sent me a copy to review. Here is what I had to say:

I was able to read it. Good stuff. You've definitely put a lot of work into this.

I think many will find a lot of useful ideas inside and end up getting a good grasp of using this technique. It's well worth the attention of many mentalists. Very thorough coverage and history of this method. Congratulations.

l love what you have to say about this method and technique.

Greg

Greg Arce?! Smile
Jose Prager
The man who knows how to amuse and mystify

www.e-mentalism.com
Secret products for mentalists.
Atlas
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of Atlas
While looking at ways to implement SeaMagu's idea, I decided that rather than sending out periodic emails, I would create a private Facebook group page for purchasers of "The Prodigal". This way, everyone can share ideas back and forth in real time.

To access this forum, please visit my Facebook page at the link HERE and add me as a friend (Facebook will not let me add people to the group who are not in my friends list). I can then create an invitation to join the group.

I can tell you that there are already some very good ideas that have been suggested to me, and I am positive that there are many more out there!

Best,

Atlas
aalexander
View Profile
Loyal user
232 Posts

Profile of aalexander
I just finished Prodigal this morning. As someone who has never used this particular device due to the need for memorization and calling letters, this book has really made me think. Atlas has described things well enough that it is easy for a beginner to pick up quickly, and by naming and describing them early, we could say that he has "excluded" a lot of the mistakes that beginners are prone to make. As the other reviews can show, though, this is not a book written for beginners. I feel like this is not just a way to make this old tool a lot stronger, but a way to adapt it to a ton of different uses. The program that he is offering definitely expands the possibilities, and I will make an effort to try some of this in my show (I'm thinking the Clue theme). I'm excited to see what ideas people come up with on the Facebook group. It's definitely worth checking out.
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2044 Posts

Profile of aligator
I agree that Atlas has taken an old method and given it an inspirational new twist. I enjoyed the read and look forward to going through it again. This does require some work, but if the method appeals to you, the work will be well rewarded. The FB group is an added bonus.
Atlas
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of Atlas
Aligator and Aalexander - thanks to both of you for your feedback.

The response so far has been very encouraging, and some great ideas have been shared on the FB group.

For anyone who missed it, the link to The Prodigal is HERE . Watch this space as I am planning, in the wake of such a great reception for this book, to release a number of other items.

Best,

Atlas
Peter_turner
View Profile
V.I.P.
Bradford, West Yorkshire
1355 Posts

Profile of Peter_turner
I was one of people lucky enough to have received a review copy of this I would have posted sooner had I not been travelling. The first thing you should appreciate reading this is the amount of work and thought that has been put into this product. This Is not a cut and shut job like some products that are being released presently.

Anyone wanting to know how to p.a this book is for you, it took what was considered conventionally wrong with p.a's and ironed out the creases. Another great thing about this book is that it teaches you how to create your own p.a. I think atlas makes a wonderful point in the book about the power of p.a's and how it is something underused and often thought as something that is not powerful. As atlas rightly points out p.a used right can floor your participants.

I eagerly await number two.

If you want a better understanding of this area of mentalism grab this while you still can, this book will open new doors and Windows for your thinking. Great work atlas!

Great book, great thinking, great price Smile

grab it see what all the fuss is about.

Pete x
Atlas
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of Atlas
Thanks Peter! I just heard from Colin McLeod:

"Atlas has taken a field which many have often shied away from and given it a new lease of life. He has given this technique a massive kick up the backside and offered you, the performer, a very real variety of modern genres from which you will be able to reveal specific thoughts. His tips and suggestions for how to make this convincing are wonderfully direct and you will feel very confident, upon completing this book (although, I want to say that it's more like a workbook due to the wonderful layout he's decided on) that you will be able to perform some pretty strong and more often than not, impromptu, Mentalism."

Great feedback - I am very pleased that so many of my respected peers are finding value in my work!
bond19
View Profile
Inner circle
Blackpool, England
1338 Posts

Profile of bond19
Atlas, a truly great man, lives up to his name, nuff said.

(I'll share my thoughts on the actual manuscript at a later date).

But for now, thanks you Atlas, from a tried, but failed performer who has yet to 'get on' with this method despite past efforts.

I'm hoping you can change all that!!

Chris
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » The Prodigal - Just Released (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL