The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » The Prodigal - Just Released (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
Martin Pulman
View Profile
Inner circle
London
3399 Posts

Profile of Martin Pulman
What a joy it was to read The Prodigal yesterday. It delivered, for me, exactly what Mr Brookings promised - I am a convert to PA's! And I never thought I's here myself saying that!

It is obvious a lot of real thought and attention has gone into the creation of this e-book. Mr Brookings gives you a complete route to seemingly read the mind of a spectator in a remarkably pure way.

For full disclosure, I am not a friend or business associate of the creator and paid full price for the ebook.
Atlas
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of Atlas
Thanks for your review Martin - I'm pleased that you enjoyed the book and that it has made you say something you never thought you'd hear yourself say!

I just read Paul Romhany's review in Vanish Magazine and he has kindly allowed me to share it here as well:

"This book, in my opinion is the best work ever written on the use of progressive anagrams. I’ve seen people use this technique and perform it badly, however, with the right approach this can really be a miracle.

Atlas has fine tuned this method and given it a lot of thought, all of which appears inside this 90 page book. He has worked it out in such a way that the method does not become obvious to the spectator at all, and is hidden in the questions he asks. This has completely changed my perception of this method and now I use Atlas’s techniques and advice in my own routines.

The details in this book are extremely well written, and even somebody new to mentalism will get a good grasp of how it works and be able to use it in their own act. For those professional mentalists who already use some kind of branching anagram, you will also gain valuable information and chances are this will really open your eyes to how you can improve on what you are already doing.

Included are some incredibly strong routines that you can perform, in particular one idea using a newspaper advertisement. Imagine handing out newspapers to ten different people and asking them to turn to the classified advertisement section, circle one ad, then rip out the page and fold it up. You then take ten envelopes, and seal their folded ad into each one. The envelopes are subsequently freely mixed by the audience while your back is turned. One audience member then selects an envelope, opens it, and selects any word in the advertisement and you are able to tell them the very word!!

Atlas has included a large number of anagrams already so you don’t have to do any work, just put them in to a routine. There is also a section on how to create your own anagrams.

Anybody who has an interest in mentalism should download and read this amazing piece of work. Destined to become a classic!"

I was very pleased, upon chatting with Paul (who I know has used anagrams in his show for years) to find that he learned a lot from my book and has incorporated a lot of the approaches into his performances.

Thanks again for all the kind words from everyone!

Best,

Atlas
Olympic Adam
View Profile
Inner circle
1259 Posts

Profile of Olympic Adam
The Prodigal has given me more than just the pages it contains.

You know those PA effects you didn't like, or skimmed over in other releases? Well they are all relevant again, this opens the doors to so much, when I use anything in it, it feels like Atlas is there telling me what to say
Protection for mind readers and mentalists: http://tricksofthemind.com
Atlas
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of Atlas
Thanks very much Adam - I appreciate your feedback. To say that all those other effects are relevant again...this is high praise indeed!

I set out with a specific goal for the book and have been very gratified that my work has achieved what I hoped it would time and time again.

Best,

Atlas
Atlas
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of Atlas
I've had a few emails about this, so for anyone who is interested, here is a video of one of the effects from "The Prodigal".

http://youtu.be/HnFjughWR20

Best,

Atlas
Atlas
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of Atlas
Quote:
On Apr 21, 2013, Dave Nic wrote:
Hey all,

Have any of you had a chance to use Atlas's Generator? For $15 (I think) its a steal. Im not sure if I would ever get the time to mess around with different ideas if it were not for the generator. If you don't have it but you have The Prodigal, your driving with your eyes closed. that's dangerous. Thought I should mention something as it really is a time saver and helps you smash out any idea you have in minutes.

Cheers,

Dave.

In recent weeks, I've been asked about this a lot. The generator is no longer available due to EU VAT law changes regarding digital products, but if someone needs some help, I'd be happy to run their word lists through my program.

Best,

Atlas
Atlas
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of Atlas
Subsequent to the post above, I thought it worth mentioning that The Prodigal is no longer available from me as an ebook - instead, it is a striking physical book, designed and laid out by the peerless and incomparable Phill Smith.

Best,

Atlas
E.E.M
View Profile
New user
75 Posts

Profile of E.E.M
Quote:
On Feb 25, 2015, Atlas wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 21, 2013, Dave Nic wrote:
Hey all,

Have any of you had a chance to use Atlas's Generator? For $15 (I think) its a steal. Im not sure if I would ever get the time to mess around with different ideas if it were not for the generator. If you don't have it but you have The Prodigal, your driving with your eyes closed. that's dangerous. Thought I should mention something as it really is a time saver and helps you smash out any idea you have in minutes.

Cheers,

Dave.

In recent weeks, I've been asked about this a lot. The generator is no longer available due to EU VAT law changes regarding digital products, but if someone needs some help, I'd be happy to run their word lists through my program.

Best,

Atlas

Hi Atlas, I have a rather long word list that I was hoping to purchase your generator for. I understand that it's not for sale on your website, but is there still a way I can use it?

Thanks,

-Eaden Marti
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » The Prodigal - Just Released (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL