The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » FLIPBOOKS! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

seadog93
View Profile
Inner circle
3200 Posts

Profile of seadog93
I took my daughters to a halloween even yesterday and there was both making flibooks. It was great, you stood in front of the camera for 7 seconds and 2 minutes later you had a flipbook. I did a magic trick for mine and my daughters and I did a dance to make a present for my wife who wasn't there.

Has anyone made a flipbook of themselves doing a trick as a giveaway for after a show?
I have to talk to the guy and I don't know if this would be cheap enough to give to everyone or just to a birthday boy or girl and helpers but it seems like a really fun idea.

It could also be a fun revelation for a card trick or any kind of force! Smile
"Love is the magician who pulls man out of his own hat" - Ben Hecht

"Love says 'I am everything.' Wisdom says 'I am nothing'. Between the two, my life flows." -Nisargadatta Maharaj

Seadog=C-Dawg=C.ou.rtn.ey Kol.b
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
It sounds very intresting seadog. if you find out more about it. please let us know.
todd
mr shiney
View Profile
Loyal user
266 Posts

Profile of mr shiney
I'm guessing its something like this. http://www.gophotoevents.com/fliptography/
that printer looks very expensive

Posted: Nov 1, 2012 8:41pm
http://www.openaireventsolutions.com/options.htm
Best Job in the world

Mr Shiney
Kevinr
View Profile
Inner circle
1854 Posts

Profile of Kevinr
Cost about 10k to own one: http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthread.php?t=728020

Which is nothing when you think how much some crazy magic guys have in magic in the garage they never ever use. This might actually make money and not sit around like all the other stuff.

Here is a cheaper option for just $2,900

http://www.videoflip.co.il/downloads/download.php

A great add on to a party and probably pay for itself in 10 events or so.
charliecheckers
View Profile
Inner circle
1969 Posts

Profile of charliecheckers
This seems to be an extension of the photobooth concept. It may be something that would work for a few here, but to me it seems a bit off from performing magic. I would also think that it is a fad that may fade. I personally think there is more profit in selling items related to magic that everyone can purchase at once right after the show like wands, tricks, book, dvds and such. Just my opinion.
seadog93
View Profile
Inner circle
3200 Posts

Profile of seadog93
I personally wouldn't be interested in doing a flipbook booth, my idea was to give out flipbooks of me doing a trick.
Definitely not worth a 10k investment. Actually it might not be worth too much for me since I don't do THAT many shows, but here's one place at least that makes flipbooks as marketing tools http://www.flippies.com/(minimum 2500 flipbooks).

Haven't talked to anyone yet, but I think an event flipbook maker does 60-75 book in an hour at an event for around $350 an hour (depending on the maker obviously, that's just one quote I heard). Since it would only be taking one or two videos I imagine 100 in an hour would not be unreasonable; which would $3.50 each. That's more than I wold normally want to spend (I spend about $6 on presents for the birthday boy or girl already), but it's not that much really.
Still not sure.

"Love says 'I am everything.' Wisdom says 'I am nothing'. Between the two, my life flows." -Nisargadatta Maharaj

seadog93
View Profile
Inner circle
3200 Posts

Profile of seadog93
I think you could probably make your own flipbooks too, but it would matter how professional they look of course.
The pictures are printed on Avery business card stock and could be popped out and stapled.

Here's a page on using photoshop to make them; the cutting and drilling and such does not look good though.

Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4632 Posts

Profile of Potty the Pirate
The concept is used in "Card Toon", and it's many variations. Not only is there a "flip-book" effect, but the chosen card is revealed at the end.

I particularly like "Fart-Toon", and the Fairy version, which I forget the name of.
danfreed
View Profile
Inner circle
West Chester PA
1354 Posts

Profile of danfreed
I love CardToon 1 and 2, I've done it forever. I don't know how long the flipbook booth thing will last, but my guess is several years at least. I've been to an event with them and people had a lot of fun with it. My wife and son just went to an event with one and they had a lot of fun and brought at least 6 home with them.
seadog93
View Profile
Inner circle
3200 Posts

Profile of seadog93
I didn't know it was a boom, but I'm with your wife and son; everyone was super excited about the booth and had so much fun.
I'm starting to think that flipbook give aways won't work for me with my budget and the amount of shows I do right now; but I may try making a few at home just to try them out.

I totally forgot about card toon!
I guess it wasn't quite so original of an idea after all.

felixjr
View Profile
Loyal user
221 Posts

Profile of felixjr
I'm an animator who has made several flipbooks, even had one for my wedding. I have the technical skill and have discovered a way to produce business card size flipbooks. My only problem is I'm making them on Epson business card stock which does cost more to produce, but it allows you to flip the book and then hand the audience member your card at the end.

I have also come up with a flipbook card trick where you flip a blank deck, you flip in again to see an outline of a bouncing ball, you flip it again to see a red bouncing ball which falls out to become a real red ball.

If anyone is interested in flipbooks, please let me know.

Jimr
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » FLIPBOOKS! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL