The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Kadar is here! (42 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10~11 [Next]
Xizzy
View Profile
Regular user
Italy!
166 Posts

Profile of Xizzy
Chris, I'm learning so much with Kadar!

I'm building a lot of experience in readings thanks to you and the Kadri.
Perkins
View Profile
Special user
950 Posts

Profile of Perkins
Woah. There is a genuine fervor going down over here. That's outstanding.

I'm intrigued, but I'm wondering how beginner friendly Kadar really is.

Is this anyone's first time around the block with readings? Would you recommend this to a new blood? Also, is this something that could go up on stage or is it best suited for one-on-ones?

I guess I had more questions than I thought. PM if you prefer.

Many thanks.
The Séance Party
http://www.theseanceparty.com
Anthony Black
View Profile
Special user
Tamworth - Albion
855 Posts

Profile of Anthony Black
Quote:
On Mar 4, 2014, Perkins wrote:

I'm wondering how beginner friendly Kadar really is? Would you recommend this to a new blood?

Also, is this something that could go up on stage...

Many thanks.

Yes to your first question, 100%

When you say 'up on stage', do you mean visually? Or contents wise?

Visually, you can purchase the 'King Kadar Kards' which are larger. (If they are available)

And contents wise, it depends on what you have planned... Smile
Tim Dowd
View Profile
Special user
...Making the Magic Happen!
942 Posts

Profile of Tim Dowd
Perkins,

I was amazed at how easy the readings are. On the surface it is a game, a throwback to a Carnivalesque bit of fun and the first few "readings" I did with my Kadar Pro set were sucessful because I did nothing...!

Lay out the cards and read the little book... You and your sitter experience the Kadri together... Make notes, this will show you how similar certain types are and you can begin to really read your sitters even before they "pick" a reading...

My tip: Kadar Pro and a nice little pendulum from Rich H. http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......m=14&236
Timothy Dowd
...Making the Magic Happen!
http://www.timothydowd.com
These are my points of view; I accept no responsibility for your interpretation of what I just said...
Bedford
View Profile
Special user
Louisville, KY
675 Posts

Profile of Bedford
Quote:
On Mar 4, 2014, Perkins wrote:
Woah. There is a genuine fervor going down over here. That's outstanding.

I'm intrigued, but I'm wondering how beginner friendly Kadar really is.

Is this anyone's first time around the block with readings? Would you recommend this to a new blood? Also, is this something that could go up on stage or is it best suited for one-on-ones?

This is a very easy system and you can get up and running with it right away. However, there is a lot of depth available as well, and the more you work with it the more amazing the readings become. I have stopped using Tarot altogether, in favor of Kadar. My readings are generally at corporate events where I have a line of people out the door waiting for their turn, and in this respect Kadar works wonderfully - you can do a quick reading and leave the querent very satisfied. Then, if you have time you can go into quite a bit more depth.

As far as doing it on stage - Anthony already mentioned the Kadar Kings, which are much larger than the standard cards. You should PM Chris at the Moon and see if those are available.
The Alchemy Moon Collective
Find us on Gemini Artifacts
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1606 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
Chris is finishing up a large order for me including primarily Kadar Elite ( Elite plus as I call it Smile) with reg size cards,folio case & Kadar kings are part of the order, so the Kadar kings are still available.

Once one last item is ready will be ready to ship & I am VERY excited to work with the Kadar ! Smile Also looking forward to the soon to be ready Kadar poker cards too !!

The Last few posts have me pumped up Smile
MatCult
View Profile
Inner circle
1518 Posts

Profile of MatCult
It is a great system. Accessible to the beginner yet capable of great depth and profound insight.

The fairground cabinet theme is unique, unusual and appealing to sitters.

I almost envy the guys who still have that delicious experience of wonder to come when the parcel arrives. Savour it guys!
"Disbelief in magic can force a poor soul into believing in government and business."
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1606 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
Quote:
On Mar 5, 2014, MatCult wrote:
I almost envy the guys who still have that delicious experience of wonder to come when the parcel arrives. Savour it guys!

I shall Savor it MatCult Smile & thank you in advance for your creative contributions to Kadar !
At the moment I am writhing in anticipation for the soon shipment....LoL
Perkins
View Profile
Special user
950 Posts

Profile of Perkins
My thanks, gents. (Anthony, Tim, Bedford, Mat) Thanks for taking the time to give me the first-timer lowdown.

This is going on the list, stat! There's a kind of giddy, 'tip of the iceberg' thing I'm getting here -- maybe, 'top o' the ferris wheel? -- anyway, I'm looking forward to it.

Regards,
Perkins
The Séance Party
http://www.theseanceparty.com
Christopher Gould
View Profile
Inner circle
in special pants.
1029 Posts

Profile of Christopher Gould
What is going on? I think I have made more Kadar sets in the past week than in the past few months.
Thanks for all of the support chaps, both verbal and financial!

The two intro books for the Kadar Poker Cards are now finished and off for proofing, and I am now faced with the daunting task of sifting through the zillion of ideas on my hard drive for the advanced courses. Kadar has become something of a phenomenon, not only in magic but you would not believe the numbers of working psychics that now use the system. It borders on being quite scarey!

Anyway, I wanted to respond to the question regarding Kadar on stage.
Kadar was only ever conceived as being for one-to-one or for intimate parlour performance. However, I know that it has been performed in a stage setting, this is why I made the King Sized. However, to be honest, due to the detail on the cards, I cannot see them translating well to a stage setting, unless you are performing to a room of people with huge eyes.

That being said the core principles of the Kadar system would work very well in a stage setting, and I do have some interesting ideas regarding this.
If there is a significant interest - i.e. if a written up routine would actually be *used* it may be worth my time to work on this.
So if anyone is seriously interested in actually performing a Kadar routine in a stage setting in front of an audience... you know where I can be found.
The Moon is now to be found in the constellation of Gemini:
https://www.geminiartifacts.com
Balaram
View Profile
Special user
904 Posts

Profile of Balaram
Oh! Life size cabinets!
You ARE going to be busy Sir! Smile
MatCult
View Profile
Inner circle
1518 Posts

Profile of MatCult
Kadar-themed Q&A anyone?

Gain access to the questions through your favourite method and appear to divine the information through the audience members interactions with the King Size cards?

"You selected the Siren - this suggests there could be an issue of a creative nature. She selects the ladder - are you thinking of changing career, yes, an ambition you have held since you were young, but it is a change of direction, it is a big decision, it's something that holds some fear and trepidation for you. You are considering quitting your job to pursue a life as an artist? Is that right? The Kadri have an answer for you, they say..."
"Disbelief in magic can force a poor soul into believing in government and business."
phillipsart
View Profile
Veteran user
Australia
310 Posts

Profile of phillipsart
Where is this available?
David Eichler
View Profile
Grammar Host
Durham, ME
1780 Posts

Profile of David Eichler
Check out: http://alchemy-moon.freeforums.net - that is the online forum, and probably one of the better ways to reach the one who puts this wonderful effect out...Chris Gould.
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1606 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
Just received my Kadar Elite & AA cards with cases for both order from Chris yesterday. I also got the large Kadar plates & am SO glad I did, the regular size in the carry case is great, but having the larger plates that nicely fit in the box with the extra's I feel is much more visible be it stage or one-on-one - IMO

I do wish to say that Chris has been awesome to work with all my questions & additions to my original order as time progressed as he made my Elites I was able to add to my order with the large plates & a case for the reg size, then adding AA & a case to for those. I never had to chase him down, Chris kept me updated as things went, PM's & emails were answered that day or next ( being a time difference as I'm in the state & he is "across yonder pond" in England ).
I waited a very fair amount of time as he made my order & a few items that were coming from Moonskin & when the order was ready he billed me & sent a few days after as I had payed late Fri & he had to wait until following Mon/Tues to ship out.

I also want to say that due to a snafu on his store site not of his fault, Chris extended to me a pricing thru the situation at his loss when he could have said nothing & I would honestly have been less the wiser & payed what I was originally told ( & was happy to have payed ), but he stepped up & I will have to say that is past rare if non existent these days ! He felt it was only fair & was more important to him than just my money & I want to publicly say "THANK YOU Chris" !
- As a retired SCA knight that earned kingship for a season - I hereby dub you a knight for your honesty,integrity & a man of honor ! Smile LoL

He was completely on top of the delivery & tracking info & made sure all was ok up to me receiving my package, again Thank you Chris, you are an example to be followed by Smile

The Moonskin cases for my Kadar reg, AA cards & a custom card case is just darn right beautiful,well made & overall awesome ! I used to do SCA & have a lot of custom H.D. leather armor & custom fantasy armor I used in local RenFairs so I know good leather & quality workmanship & I will not hesitate to order from Moonskin thru Chris in the future ! & the pricing is MORE than fair, truthfully I felt for the leather & time to make these the price is less than I expected to pay ! Thank you Moonskin - your artistry / talent & cases are Magically awesome !!!! Smile ( please pass that on Chris )

The AA cards, WoW ! again worth every penny, I love the artwork front & back and love the m*rk!ng system. The fit very well in the Moonskin black case . I will look forward to having fun with these ESP cards & they're other uses, very glad I added these to my order !!

& Finally, my Kadar Elite...........FRIGG'IN WoW !!!!! I had started to read thru the PDF as I awaited my shipment & after getting Kadar & reading thru the rest of the main manual & little book of fates, I am amazed at the simple complexity of how deep you can go with Kadar ! Even the Truth or Dare game & casting board that came with it is so cool to extend Kadar's visions of past,present & future with a little fun tossed in Smile The whole collection really does have a feeling of the old carny, you can only really appreciate Kadar in hand & the props,time & effort that Chris put into it. & MatCult's extra's that he has for free download on the Kadar club site.......Thank you Matcult !

Also have to add I love the unique old smell that the AA cards & Kadar items have Smile

Can't wait to take Kadar out for a spin ! Chris AKA Alchemy Moon has surpassed my expectations in what I received & as a person & business man - holds customer service & honesty above all the highest ! ( & of course his products too...lol )

I look forward as a newly "licensed" Kadar practitioner to pass along the great visions,wisdom's & words of the Kadri for those in need in quire's of they're past,present & future ! Smile
phillipsart
View Profile
Veteran user
Australia
310 Posts

Profile of phillipsart
Quote:
On Mar 14, 2014, David Eichler wrote:
Check out: http://alchemy-moon.freeforums.net - that is the online forum, and probably one of the better ways to reach the one who puts this wonderful effect out...Chris Gould.

Thanks,
I joined the forum you linked to, but I cannot access the forum section to do with Kadar, it asks for a password, I typed in the password I created and it will not give me access.

Is this the same as the Kadar on Kickstarter, as I have made my pledge on kickstarter for the deck and the two books.
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1606 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
Yes it is the same Kadar, the poker Kadar cards are part of an extension of the Kadar product line. When you buy Kadar Pro or Elite you will be given a password to enter the Kadar forum section.
phillipsart
View Profile
Veteran user
Australia
310 Posts

Profile of phillipsart
Tried contacting Chris via the forum but cant get the message out, keep getting error messages web site is not available when I send the message.
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1606 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
Quote:
On Mar 14, 2014, phillipsart wrote:
Tried contacting Chris via the forum but cant get the message out, keep getting error messages web site is not available when I send the message.

Just PMed you a contact addy, his site has had some glitches lately.......but he's alive & well Smile
Christopher Gould
View Profile
Inner circle
in special pants.
1029 Posts

Profile of Christopher Gould
Thanks for that great review Sir. Such things are the fuel to my tank.

Hope you do not start a run on the King size cards though, as I am phasing these out.

A little explanation regarding the glitches that Merlin refers too. I pulled my website a while ago, as I had a great idea to simplify it - but the site looked like a dog's backside and the system automatically gave £100 discount on Kadar! So I pulled that one too, or thought I had, but apparently it was still there and a couple of guys found it - so I honoured the price that was up there.
I regularly get emails asking me why it is so *** hard to find out where to order my stuff from (sorry, forgot *** is a swear word here!!!).
Well the truth is, I get more work than I can handle through word of mouth. I do intend to get it back up, but I am in no hurry as I fear getting more than I can currently handle.
Another reason is that I am slowly easing myself out of magic. This does not mean the end of Alchemy Moon and all of the current catalogue will still be available, at least until I run out or get fed up.
I am getting a little bored with 'magic tricks'. As you guys know, Kadar has no trickery involved in it at all, as such, it is so much more powerful as a performance piece. So my head is moving in that direction. This excites me more at the moment. Working on the books for the Kadar cards has really opened my head to some new ideas. My next project is to explain my magic(k) system, western mysticism that you can carry in your pocket! As you guys know, once you are bitten by the magic bug, it is difficult to stop the itch. But frankly, I think I have more than enough magic tricks to keep me going for the rest of my life - I am guessing the same applies to you too! So, I will still be here and the odd new piece of magic will come out now and then (still got too much in development hell), but I am really excited about taking up a new direction. For me, magic is real and I get increasingly uneasy with performing in a context of deception, especially as it is not necessary. Can you perform real magick on stage or in an informal setting? Kadar proves that you can, and this where I am going, I hope some of you follow me on this journey.
Also, someone you all know and love on this forum is starting a new direction too, and I will be fully involved with this as it gives me an opportunity to focus more on the artistic side of what I do (I am by training a Fine-Artist). So lots of exciting things in the pipeline.
So how the Dickens do you order from Alchemy Moon?
Well if you do not know...
The Moon is now to be found in the constellation of Gemini:
https://www.geminiartifacts.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Kadar is here! (42 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10~11 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL