The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Though they don't post... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
I'm sure many of the top mentalists and psychic entertainers read this section...

I'm NOT asking for you to guess who reads it, but I have often wondered how they feel about some of the posts made by us all...

oh and if any are reading this one, I'm sure I don't know you - but hello anyway!

I wonder what impression we leave behind us?
I've asked to be banned
Mike Maturen
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan's Beautiful Sunrise Side
2726 Posts

Profile of Mike Maturen
There are a couple of prominant mentalist who DO post here. They don't always use their real name...but they are here....
Mike Maturen
World of Wonder Entertainment
The Magic and Mayhem of Mike Maturen
989-335-1661
mikematuren@gmail.com

AUTHOR OF "A NEW DAWN--Weekly Wisdom From Everyday Life"

member: International Magician's Society
Peter_turner
View Profile
V.I.P.
Bradford, West Yorkshire
1355 Posts

Profile of Peter_turner
I happen to know there are a few Smile And they do post!

Anyway, hello brothers (or sisters)

Pete
Steven Keyl
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington, D.C.
2630 Posts

Profile of Steven Keyl
Mixed emotions:

On the one hand, their mice and keyboards are wet with the tears of anguish at the state to which the art of mentalism has descended.

On the other hand, they're beaming with the knowledge that their careers will safely continue uninterrupted by any upstarts here.
Steven Keyl - The Human Whisperer!

B2B Magazine Test!

Best impromptu progressive Ace Assembly ever!

"If you ever find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause, and reflect." --Mark Twain
Chris Henderson
View Profile
Special user
Indiana -- Anyone w/ no life would have
563 Posts

Profile of Chris Henderson
Quote:
On 2012-11-02 11:22, IAIN wrote:
I wonder what impression we leave behind us?

Heh, heh. Impression in the mentalism forum. I get it! Smile
"I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief"

--Gerry Spence
Mike Ince
View Profile
Inner circle
2041 Posts

Profile of Mike Ince
I think they're too busy sipping Mai Tais and eating caviar pizzas. When they do visit, they still leave with a bad taste in their mouths. It isn't the pizza.

Occasionally they look here for fanboy reviews of their books or performances. I remember a couple of years ago a big name in TV magic posted here, assuming no one knew who he was, and fished for compliments/criticism by asking, "what do you guys think of (performer's name)?". I gave him a compliment he deserved, though it was strange to see him here. He left the thread after a day or two saying he had better things to do in his better world but still didn't come out and reveal his identity. For his sake, I hope his world is better. I believe when you "arrive" at wealth and fame you're amazed by how little you've changed.
The secret of deception is in making the truth seem ridiculous.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
I'm just pleased that some still slum it with us lot...

or rather, I'm pleased that some are still everyday guys, but still special if you see what I mean...
I've asked to be banned
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10606 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Many great mentalists have been here and obviously have chosen to leave or just check-in from time to time from afar. I think this speaks for itself. I know several I talk to don't particularly care for many things happening in today's mentalism community, and here on the Café. I can understand why, but when it's discussed you get ganged up on and lambasted for these truths and they get brushed off as just bitter opinions. I think this too is part of the answer to your opinion.
Davit Sicseek
View Profile
Inner circle
1818 Posts

Profile of Davit Sicseek
Quote:
I can understand why, but when it's discussed you get ganged up on and lambasted for these truths and they get brushed off as just bitter opinions. I think this too is part of the answer to your opinion.

I think this is one of the main reasons people don't post under real names or even known pseudonyms. I think its hard to honestly engage with this forum without exactly what you describe happening.
Send me the truth: davitsicseek@gmail.com
cpbartak
View Profile
Special user
Mooresville, NC
941 Posts

Profile of cpbartak
I know Derren used to post here under an alias.
Some people hear voices.. Some see invisible people.. Others have no imagination whatsoever.
seamagu
View Profile
Special user
885 Posts

Profile of seamagu
I guess its hard to know for sure if top successful entertainers come here or not if they don't make themselves known.

Maybe there is another forum that we don't know about where they all go to chat and discuss shop!!
I love post its Smile
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18036 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Quote:
On 2012-11-02 18:50, cpbartak wrote:
Was he booted?

I know for a fact that some pretty big names watch this site. I'm not sure how often, but I know they do.
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
wiffledust
View Profile
New user
36 Posts

Profile of wiffledust
Yes. I do know that Uri Geller reads this site daily. And Corinda did too before he passed away.
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
There have been MANY 'names' performers here. Some give nuggets of wisdom to help someone that is sincere.

They remain anonymous in fear of people on forums that aren't full time Pro's, but are much smarter than they are. Working Pro's know they are no match for full time hobbyists/part time performers when ti comes to giving advice!
Spackle666
View Profile
Loyal user
234 Posts

Profile of Spackle666
Interesting...
"it's bad luck to be superstitious."
jakubr
View Profile
Veteran user
326 Posts

Profile of jakubr
I can understand why some of these mentalists decided to remain anonymous, on the other hand it would be nice to know which of them are here. I know only about the few.
minty
View Profile
Elite user
Rugby, Warwickshire
423 Posts

Profile of minty
Quote:
They remain anonymous in fear of people on forums that aren't full time Pro's, but are much smarter than they are. Working Pro's know they are no match for full time hobbyists/part time performers when ti comes to giving advice!

:)

Hilarious, and so well-observed. Thank you Zombie!
cpbartak
View Profile
Special user
Mooresville, NC
941 Posts

Profile of cpbartak
Quote:
On 2012-11-02 23:57, Slim King wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-11-02 18:50, cpbartak wrote:
Was he booted?

I know for a fact that some pretty big names watch this site. I'm not sure how often, but I know they do.

Nope. I just checked the alias that he used to post under and it is still listed as an active account.
Some people hear voices.. Some see invisible people.. Others have no imagination whatsoever.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18036 Posts

Profile of Slim King
I do see the problem with allowing your identity to be known. I've had juvenile pseudo-skeptics actually CALL IN to my radio shows and offer to expose mentalism routines. Still can't figure that one out.

So I'm pretty sure if I had to do it all over, it may be the best way to go, HOWEVER it sure would be nice if others didn't ruin it for everyone.
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
NYNick
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Profile of NYNick
Don't think the pros even care about this place. why would they? Some nuggests of gold but to much bad manners and bad feelings. Some pros are great guys but some are not. Tthey are not all in a room together in some other world being great friends. Just don't think they care about forums and probably best for everyone. Just my opinion.
~NYN
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Though they don't post... (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL