The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » A Sanctum routine (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Don H
View Profile
New user
The Netherlands
60 Posts

Profile of Don H
A Sanctum routine
I introduce the Sanctum card and tell them about this lodge and I tell them about Cornelius Hobbs. Do some ESP related stuff, then I bring up the Wonder Tour and let them transmit a word (note the anagram in the manuel does not cover all the words, I have posted an anagram on the Outlaw forum).
After this I turn to the Cuss cards, they fit in neatly 'cos on their backs they have the Sanctum sigel.
To gain full acces to the Sanctum lodge I have to be cursed by one of these Cuss cards, otherwise I can't acces the lodge anymore and will be cursed with ignorance.
I tell them how Munch got cursed with melancholy.
How Leonardo got cursed to lose his pig, and started to draw.
(really this makes sense if you know Sanctum and Cuss cards).
Now I bring up Luna Rose and the Witches almanac (and the Arc of Astaroth, but that is another story) and proceed into a reading.
After the reading I suggest to visit the Sanctum lodge, the living room of Cornelius Hobbs.
To do so, I let them turn over the Wonder tour card and stare into the eyes of Luna Rose.
Then I take them to the Sanctum room,  on the table cognac glasses, chips and an invisible deck...
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5090 Posts

Profile of Roth
Very nice! Thank you for posting that Don. I like the way you incorporate the various items into your performance.
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
Michael_MacDonald
View Profile
1964 - 2016
Washington
2034 Posts

Profile of Michael_MacDonald
Nice work! I love seeing new takes on s@anctum!
pslaughter
View Profile
Loyal user
270 Posts

Profile of pslaughter
This sounds really great Don H.

Everyone please forgive my ignorance, but I keep hearing about Sanctum and I'm not really sure exactly what it is. I've seen the advert for Sanctum 4 and Sanctum 2 (I think) on Outlaw's website. I also saw the listing for the roman coin that I don't quite understand how it also fits into the whole Sanctum thing.

So can someone clue me in? possibly point me in the right direction?

From what I have gathered this might be something that I would be interested it...that is...if I knew what it was!
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Pslaughter, send a PM,to Michael!
I am sure,he would be glad to give you all the information on s@nctum !
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
Darn, the coin sounds really cool and is perfect to cause interest. I can see the coin placed into a finger ring or necklace with it being able to be removed. A ring that was given to you by..... And the story begins....

The coin would be a nice intro and give us another reason for having a card in our wallet. A card that shows we may belong to The Sanctum Society.

The coin could be placed on a bracelet also. And used as a small pendulum held by the person as you ask them questions about the room. Room? What Room? You guys know the room that I am talking about..... LOL

Yes, another reason to add another detail to my persona.

Ray Noble
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3933 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
I'll have the pleasure of meeting Don H soon for a chat about stuff.
He seems like he has some cool ideas.

steve
OnTiltSoon
View Profile
Special user
Barcelona
543 Posts

Profile of OnTiltSoon
Quote:
On 2012-11-03 15:46, Don H wrote:
To gain full acces to the Sanctum lodge I have to be cursed by one of these Cuss cards, otherwise I can't acces the lodge anymore and will be cursed with ignorance.

Very nice, I think I'm getting some Cuss cards for my birthday Smile

Thanks for sharing Don
- Joaquín Gasa Thomas
Mind illusionist
View Profile
Special user
Australia
949 Posts

Profile of Mind illusionist
Thanks for sharing Don. I had my own idea for Combining the C*ss Cards routine in with the S@nctum storyline. After going throught the ESP or other routines with the front of the S@nctum membership card, I then would tell of other members of the club and the games they might have played. And what happened one night when they played a mysterious and deadly game. I take back the intuitive spectator back to the night when those events occured and hence go into the backroom/card reveal. After the revelation, I talk again about the game they played and introduce the C*ss Cards. Now, who would like to help me play this game? Smile

that's just my twist on combining the 2 powerful routines in the same show. I like your idea with the C*ss Cards as an initiation/test for membership into S@nctum very much too.

regards,
M.I.
Christopher Gould
View Profile
Inner circle
in special pants.
1029 Posts

Profile of Christopher Gould
I think the Sanctum guys would have played poker!
The Moon is now to be found in the constellation of Gemini:
https://www.geminiartifacts.com
Don H
View Profile
New user
The Netherlands
60 Posts

Profile of Don H
Thanks for your reactions.

I play the CC before to plant some hits.
When I show melancholy  I show them 'the Scream' by Much.
The Pig - Mona Lisa by Leonardo da Vinci, here I show what I learned at the Sanctum:
How the magical, mysterious smile is achieved.
When you have a good reproduction of the painting, Mona Lisa's smile is mesmerizing, her mouth curls by the gray spot on the background.
When you cover this spot, the Mona Lisa becomes just a painting; when you reveal the spot, the smile becomes magically allive.
Poverty - Nickolay Tesla (electric light, no candels).
Cuss of the Wheel - Houdini

And, it just sparked my mind:
Madness - Tilly H., known by the Sanctum members by the name of "Qween of hearts", she became mad after her tongue was cut out by a rival.
She was cast away at CHMH, her ghost appeared at a seance in 1952, where photographic images appeared.
This gives you a jumpstart to go into De@d in the f@mely and Luna.
Al Desmond
View Profile
Inner circle
Secret Mountain Lair in Conifer, Co
1511 Posts

Profile of Al Desmond
Quote:
On 2012-11-05 03:05, Christopher Gould wrote:

Chris... your PM box is full. I would like to contact you about some piracy that may be going on and involving some of your material. Do you have an email address or some why to contact you so I can pass on some info?
Mind illusionist
View Profile
Special user
Australia
949 Posts

Profile of Mind illusionist
Quote:
On 2012-11-05 03:05, Christopher Gould wrote:

Yes I think they would have too. But maybe one night they got bored and cranked out the CCards? Smile
Christopher Gould
View Profile
Inner circle
in special pants.
1029 Posts

Profile of Christopher Gould
Quote:

Chris... your PM box is full. I would like to contact you about some piracy that may be going on and involving some of your material. Do you have an email address or some why to contact you so I can pass on some info?

Well this is worrying, I am used to having people jump on my bandwagon, but never had anything directly pirated before!
Drop me a line at TalkMoon@outlook.com - this is the best way to get hold of me. I do not always frequent forums, and it is a running battle keeping my inbox empty. I do like to keep conversations I have had with you guys - by email and I can. This is why I have put it in my sig now.
...and thank you sir for the heads up.
The Moon is now to be found in the constellation of Gemini:
https://www.geminiartifacts.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » A Sanctum routine (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL