The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Hank Lee's is now closed » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
rasmus
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland
1690 Posts

Profile of rasmus
I never had any problems with hank lee. it was a very good company
imo. just my own experience. good service and good stuff as well.

I wish hank lee all the best and good luck for the future
A World without Magic is a World without Dreams and Hope:)

Creator of: STEEL (performed by Dynamo), X-RAY, Real Coin Bend (performed by Dynamo), Totally Crazy Bands, Rasmus Haunted Deck, MCF CARDS, Jawbreaker, POLTERGEIST
www.rasmusmagic.ch
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11988 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
It sounds like his elves made a go of it but just could not do it without him. Not sure how they will get by now. He wont be gone too long but still........

Guess we just have to wait and see when they snap back. Says they will be better then ever. Maybe a year or so.

Miss that free shipping once a month.
jlibby
View Profile
Inner circle
1022 Posts

Profile of jlibby
Quote:
On 2012-11-03 23:50, Irishghost wrote:
People, he ripped off a fellow magician and was found guilty by the laws of the USA. We should move on and not pay homage to this man.

Yeah, what's with all the careful language dancing around the obvious? Hank Lee is a crook! I'm sorry for his family, but he's paying the piper now.

Joe Libby
San Antonio, TX
International Motivational Speaker & Entertainer; Helps you get ROCK-STAR RESULTS for your event!

For your gifts and free trainings, visit:
https://JoeLibbySeminars.com
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14063 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I have mixed feelings about him closing. A lot of it has to do with my nostalgia, having been one of his first customers back when he first opened. 

That takes me back down memory lane, to a time when I had just gotten out of High School, and was a new Airman in service of our country. Let me say, the feelings are strong and powerful for me.  Hank set me free from having to purchase from Lou Tannen's, and most of the items I purchased there were pure junk. Then Hank started carrying the cool stuff; the NEW releases from the world of magic, and I was hooked. 

I have had a mixture of good AND bad shopping experiences with Hank over the decades, and it's also fair to say  I personally made Hank Lee rich, but I can honestly say I'm going to miss him.

Hey, the man was a pioneer!
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Futureal
View Profile
Inner circle
1572 Posts

Profile of Futureal
Good riddance.
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4932 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
I will always laugh when I think of buying a "Miser's dream bell bucket" from Hank Lee for $45 plus shipping,then when it arrived on the bottom was a price tag that read "Bed Bath & Beyond $9.95" Thank you Hank for a priceless memory and a great story.
James
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
Magic-Scott
View Profile
Veteran user
310 Posts

Profile of Magic-Scott
That's just a classic story. I won't shed any tears for him.....
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13146 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Quote:
On 2012-11-04 19:20, Xiqual wrote:
I will always laugh when I think of buying a "Miser's dream bell bucket" from Hank Lee for $45 plus shipping,then when it arrived on the bottom was a price tag that read "Bed Bath & Beyond $9.95" Thank you Hank for a priceless memory and a great story.
James

That might actually be my fault. One year I was with my daughter Christmas shopping and spotted the pails. I think I mentioned it a Hank's the following week.
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Quote:
James

I'm sorry you got burned, but I LOVE this story and appreciate you telling it.
w_s_anderson
View Profile
Inner circle
The United States
1221 Posts

Profile of w_s_anderson
Quote:
James

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! OH MAN THAT IS PRICELESS! I am sorry dude, but that is classic! I am sure we have all been duped before.....I know I was......but that was awesome. There was a guy selling magic tables here on the Café for like 50 bucks a pop, and then someone exposed the source of the table and it was a a drum case for the Rockstar game on Playstation, and you could buy them from best buy for 4 bucks a piece......LOL. I was going to buy one, and even sent a PM to the seller. Luckily I saw that post before I sent the money. I also had a brick and mortar shop sell me double faced cards for 10 bucks a piece when I first started out. Your story reminds me of Master Payne's Coin in Bottle routine. If you haven't seen it you can youtube it.....it is great! Thanks for sharing your story.
Cris Johnson
View Profile
Loyal user
Niagara Falls, NY
247 Posts

Profile of Cris Johnson
"People, he ripped off a fellow magician and was found guilty by the laws of the USA. We should move on and not pay homage to this man."

I agree with the above post. Hank did not just make a mistake...he was a thief time and TIME again. I hope he never opens. His website was fraud-filled too...I called to order an item that was advertised on the site for $275 but was told on the phone that it was actually $425. I argued & argued with the guy on the phone and finally got the item for $350 instead of $425. (They were the only place carrying it that I could find.)

Another time, I ordered something and 3 months later, after having emails ignored, FINALLY got a response that said, "Oh, we don;t carry that anymore."

Terrible company. I'm glad their doors are shut. Good riddance.
Cris Johnson, BCH, CI, CT.NLP

www.ProfessionalMagicProducts.com
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14063 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Ok. I KNOW this is over simplifying, but why don't guys like Hank Lee, who are in deep trouble, take a SUCCESFUL business model, like Penguin, and follow suit? With the best business model as a guiding light, anybody can be a success, it's not proverbial rocket science.
Jimeh
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1399 Posts

Profile of Jimeh
Hank Lee's is now closed but it will reopen under another name, no?

Holy jeez Daff I haven't seen you in ages, hope you're well, sir! Smile
giobbi1
View Profile
Loyal user
251 Posts

Profile of giobbi1
Quote:
James

While I agree he is a crook, this story isn't any different than many other magic dealers. I remember buying a "Corner Rounder" from a magic dealer and paying $25.00 for it, only to find out that Staples and Office Depot sold it for $10.00. Live and learn I guess.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14063 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Jimeh,

I'm still kickin'. I moved into a cottage in the woods on a mountain in Arkansas. There is no internet available except on my tiny I Phone screen, and it's extremely difficult to navigate the Café on this thing, but once in a while I indulge. In the meantime I am making the world a better place with projects like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrVCByGKa......a_player
Jamie D
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2292 Posts

Profile of Jamie D
When I read the title of the thread, I was pleased. When I read they would be re-opening I wasn't impressed at all. I'm all for giving second chances but when something reaches a certain level such as this pathetic individual, all hope is lost. The damage is done and justice must be served, I know I'll be watching for any "sites" popping up in the future and yes, I am a penguin fan as well.

Darren
Twitter @darjames
TheBentos
View Profile
Loyal user
Grim North
238 Posts

Profile of TheBentos
I made the mistake of ordering once from Hank Lee's.
it was not only the worst magic experience I've had, but the worst online retail experience in over 10 years of buying online.
Won't be missed.
ibm_usa
View Profile
Special user
In Your Mind, Ky, USA
722 Posts

Profile of ibm_usa
Incidents like this bring a great embarrassment upon the magic community as a whole when you come to think about it.

We are, by in large honest, law abiding people. We tell "honest lies" but for entertainment purposes. We do not rip our public off.

I never done business with Hank ( My loyalty is with Midwest Magic in Chicago) and if and when he ever reopens I will probably think really hard about it.

Personally, anyone who sinks this low should pay fully as the law sees fit. This is theft, intentional dishonesty and a long list of bad terms I will not go any further to name.
"You may think that i only talk of things from the past, you know, history, well magic is history"

-Guy Jarrett

"Curiosity isn't a sin Harry, but it should be exorcised with great caution."

-Albus Dumbledore (Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire)
http://www.jordanallen-mentalist.webs.com/
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Hank Lee's is now closed » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL