The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Gems from the Jinx?!? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

John Macmillan
View Profile
Loyal user
Vancouver, BC
226 Posts

Profile of John Macmillan
The Jinx has some terrific pieces buried in its pages. Anyone care to share some of there favourite references from all the material published over the years?
Thoughtreader
View Profile
Inner circle
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
1565 Posts

Profile of Thoughtreader
Quote:
On 2002-05-16 20:16, John Macmillan wrote:
The Jinx has some terrific pieces buried in its pages. Anyone care to share some of there favourite references from all the material published over the years?

You might be better to ask what they didn't like as the Jinx is chock full of brilliant material that you see even today in redeveloped bits and tricks that are marketed as new and breakthrough.

PSIncerely Yours,
Paul Alberstat
Canada's Leading Mentalist
http://www.mindguy.com
AB StageCraft
http://www.mindguy.com/store
Agathon
View Profile
Regular user
161 Posts

Profile of Agathon
Buried in The Jinx is Annemann's Eagle Location. Check this out, it's not full proof, but there is something here. That's all I'm going to say about this.

Charles Spector Smile
Allen Gittelson
View Profile
Regular user
San Francisco
145 Posts

Profile of Allen Gittelson
John,

That's a particularly difficult question to answer, as it is often tough to find an effect that is in use that isn't in The Jinx.

Since you did ask about my "favorite reference," I'll say that it is that it is tough to find a book on mentalism that doesn't somewhere in it have a reference back to Jinx #1, and specifically "Mystery at the Blackboard" as well as a few other things that are in Jinx #1. References to Jinx #1 are my favorite.

Also, though there are many places the center tear appeared in print, the Jinx was certainly an early one.

There is so much material and so many ideas in The Jinx. I see people "rediscovering" ideas from it nearly every day.

In thoughts,
Allen
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Gems from the Jinx?!? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL