The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Question about access message » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

pcummins
View Profile
V.I.P.
169 Posts

Profile of pcummins
I received the following message while trying to access a post:

Sorry, you do not have access to view the topic in this forum.

Does this mean that I have to post 50 times to gain access?

Paul W. Cummins
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4855 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Paul, what forum were you trying to access. If you can enter the forum, you should be able to see the posts. There are certain forums that require the 50 legitimate posts to enter but you shouldn't see them if you don't have the 50.
Where the magic begins
pcummins
View Profile
V.I.P.
169 Posts

Profile of pcummins
Quote:
On 2003-11-02 12:44, Dave Scribner wrote:
Paul, what forum were you trying to access. If you can enter the forum, you should be able to see the posts. There are certain forums that require the 50 legitimate posts to enter but you shouldn't see them if you don't have the 50.

Hi Dave,

I had done a search on my own name and a post was in a forum about lecture notes - or the post was about lecture notes, so I wanted to see if there was a question I could answer for the poster. But, I was denied access.

Paul
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4855 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Paul, I found the post you are referring and can't find any reason why you should have been denied access. The post is in the review forum for lecture notes. Could you try again and let us know what happens.
Where the magic begins
pcummins
View Profile
V.I.P.
169 Posts

Profile of pcummins
Quote:
On 2003-11-03 19:01, Dave Scribner wrote:
Paul, I found the post you are referring and can't find any reason why you should have been denied access. The post is in the review forum for lecture notes. Could you try again and let us know what happens.

I *think* I found the post too. When I go to the forum in question I see a post that seems to relate. However, when I perform a search and click on the "go to this post" line, I am denied access - soooo, I'm not sure if the two posts are one and the same...

Paul
Mya Angel
View Profile
Special Assistant
California
1396 Posts

Profile of Mya Angel
Your post may have been moved to the review area, we sometimes will move a thread there if it needs to be looked at, it may not have been because of something you wrote, it may have been another member. However we do not have the ability to ove only one post so we have to move the entire thread, if your post was in a thread such as this it would be moved so that our mods can look into whatever the problem may be, usually the thread is then moved back to the original spot. If not, then you should be notified by the mods as to what happened.

Mya
There is nothing that remains so constant as change. Don't end up like concrete, all mixed up and permanently set. Smile

He who slings mud will surely lose ground.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Question about access message » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL