We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » The best drawing duplication? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
Greg Owen
View Profile
Special user
623 Posts

Profile of Greg Owen
Regarding the Paul Rosini method, does this method allow for a direct duplication of a drawing made in "real time"?

One method Uri has been caught using involves making more than one drawing and one of the drawings may only be a suggestive hit rather than a clean duplication.

- Greg Owen
Author of The Alpha Stack ebook - the balanced memorized stack
gobeatty@yahoo.com
bootweasel
View Profile
Regular user
124 Posts

Profile of bootweasel
I saw the salon programme when Uri was on it (because Uri was on it, not because I am obsessed with reality tv or hairdressing).

It occurs to me that Uri did the dupe in the hairdresser's chair, resting on the ledge infront of him (usually used to rest scissors, hairspray, etc) and whilst this isn't suspicious in itself, the enormous mirror which stretches from the ledge to the ceiling, or the numerous other large mirrors around him might have given him a hint or two.

Reading Bascom Jones' Magick reminded me how strong opportunist mentalism can be. Particularly with this type of effect and with a reasonable out such as the universal drawing in Banachek's psychological subtleties.

His subject was also very much a believer, which came across in his conversations with Uri during the show.
Steve Knight
View Profile
Elite user
Oxford U.K.
476 Posts

Profile of Steve Knight
This is the first I've heard of the Rosini method. Is he really credited with the invention of the peek or pencil reading or did I miss something.
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5410 Posts

Profile of Lord Of The Horses
In my upcoming UPSILON Mentalism book I detail a simple device that I've used many times for a design duplication, as well as some ideas with pencil reading, sound reading and a simple out to be 100% sure to get the participant's drawing right (even if no impression device is used!)
Then you'll rise right before my eyes, on wings that fill the sky, like a phoenix rising!
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24280 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
It's rather presumptuous to assume that Geller has only one method of design duplication. Remember, this fellow has been in the mental biz for over 30 years, and has access to everything that all of us on the forum have.

Ted Lesley's Informatico Principle can also be used as a method for design duplication.

The strongest part of Uri's system, if you wish to call it that, is that he is able to project his feeling that he is really "doing it!"

The actual method he uses is far less important than his ability to sell the idea that he is really "doing it."
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5410 Posts

Profile of Lord Of The Horses
Bill is completely right! Some magician I know (but that I'd rather prefer to NOT know! Smile ) has bought the latest in electronic design duplication but, when you see him perform it... it's just a weak effect because he's not able to sell what he bought! Smile
Then you'll rise right before my eyes, on wings that fill the sky, like a phoenix rising!
hmk
View Profile
New user
uk
68 Posts

Profile of hmk
For those interested,from memory the price quoted for the Jack Delvin drawing duplication was £1000 approx. It was similar to a large drawing board on a stand. For a very impromptu situation you really can't beat the Ian Rowland method as per his lecture notes. See his website for further details.

Good luck.

hmk
Greg Owen
View Profile
Special user
623 Posts

Profile of Greg Owen
"It's rather presumptuous to assume that Geller has only one method of design duplication."

Not sure if you were referring to a comment I made, but I have no doubts that Uri has used more than one method in the past. I saw him do a drawing dupe televised in the U.S. and the presentation excluded the method that has been linked to on this forum.

- Greg Owen
Author of The Alpha Stack ebook - the balanced memorized stack
gobeatty@yahoo.com
david_a_whitehead
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
2122 Posts

Profile of david_a_whitehead
Andy Nyman's from his first set of notes. I think it was magician's graphology. It is a great drawing dupe.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5041 Posts

Profile of landmark
Another vote for the impromptu business card drawing dupe of Kuffs' Bold Business. Ideal for close-up, and though I don't do walk-around, it should be quite useful for that too.

Jack Shalom
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » The best drawing duplication? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL