The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Triple Threat Resource Material (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Mark Tams
View Profile
New user
31 Posts

Profile of Mark Tams
It has been brought to my attention from several sources that some are having difficulty finding information on the 3t book. Information on the book as well as ordering information can be found at . . .

http://triple333threat.wordpress.com/7-order-2/

Thx!
webtech
View Profile
Regular user
175 Posts

Profile of webtech
I don't know, this seems kind of fishy. The whole order process doesn't pass the smell test.
Daniel Clemente
View Profile
Special user
Mount Joy, PA
788 Posts

Profile of Daniel Clemente
I ordered that book. It's legit. I have since sold it to Bowers on here. Great effects in that book
cablerock
View Profile
Veteran user
359 Posts

Profile of cablerock
Thanks Mark. I'll be getting this at some point.
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4836 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
Yea What Trooper said! It's Legit ! I have 5 things In that book!!! Smile
David Neighbors

The Coinjurer

www.coinjurer.com
polygonsmagic
View Profile
Special user
511 Posts

Profile of polygonsmagic
Mark Tams is anything but fishy. An upstanding member of our magic community. And don't forget, 3CM, a Schoolcraft product, is a direct knockoff of the Lassen Triple Threat. It is on his new site launching today, and it is more expensive than the original Triple Threat from Lassen.
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5394 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
Another vote of endorsement for Mark, and aside from that, this is one heck of a book!
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7036 Posts

Profile of bowers
Yes I got the book from trooper.and it is a
very good hardback book.full of a wealth of
information.
todd
BanzaiMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1594 Posts

Profile of BanzaiMagic
Quote:
On 2012-11-06 10:21, webtech wrote:
I don't know, this seems kind of fishy. The whole order process doesn't pass the smell test.

From Mark's website:

Quote:
The world of print media has changed drastically over the past several years. This has been a good thing in the advancement of technology . . . and a bad thing. It stands to reason that there are more upstanding individuals in life and in the magic world than the opposite. However, the opposites provide a cancer to the community.

One of the “bad” pieces of technology in the world today is the advent of individuals uploading material for others, free of charge. This makes absolutely no sense. To spend the almighty dollar as an individual and then to put it up for anyone and everyone to get free of charge does not register as being effective. However, many do it over and over. This practice obviously takes away from the inventor, creator, publisher, illustrator, etc.

In all forms of media publication, there is a cost associated with production. It is unfair for one individual to start a cancer of proliferation to provide free material to the magic community when other hard working individuals have poured their heart, soul, energy and money into the project. Unfortunately, it only takes ONE individual to start the ball rolling and then the pyramid propagates.

This project has been worked on in excess of 6 years. Not only has Mark painstakingly written, illustrated, collaborated and published this work, there are countless other individuals that have as much sweat and tears into the project. These include the inventors, creators, craftsman of the product, designers and producers. There has been absolutely too much work that has gone into this project to allow one cancer cell to start.

With all of that said, there are some details on how this book is printed. Generally when a book is printed, a run of 500, 1000, 3000, etc are printed. This provides a cost effective approach to the production of the book. However, every book looks and feels the same. So, if an individual uploads a book, it is basically impossible to know which individual did so.

One of the advancements in the arena of print media is that books can now be printed one at a time. For obvious reasons, the cost of doing so is much, much higher! The decision was made to provide these books based on individual orders and printed individually. Because of this, each book will now be watermarked in several ways.

First, each book will be individually numbered through printing and the purchaser’s name will be printed near the front of the book. Second, at the bottom of every page, it will state: “Printed For John Doe,” with the appropriate name of the purchaser. Finally, because each book is individually created, there will be several pages throughout the book that will be different. This could be in the form of layout, design, illustration, punctuation, spelling and/or verbiage.

The purchaser of the book must be the individual that the book is intended for. There are no usernames or aliases for the book allowed. If an individual has a history of uploading material, their order will most likely be declined. In other words, we believe that not only through the hard work of this project, but also the quality of material that the product should be protected. To do so, it not only requires the efforts on the production end, but also on the user level end. As stated previously, we believe there are more upstanding individuals in this art and we don’t anticipate a problem. For that, we strongly urge you as the purchaser to help in every way possible to protect this product.

In the advent that a book gets uploaded by an individual, after it is determined who that individual is, their name will be published on threads on every major and minor magic website. We are hopeful that this never happens! If the book is ever sold to a different individual, the seller is advised to make contact and let them know who the new owner is.

Finally, because each of these books will be printed individually for the above reasons, it will take a little longer for delivery. After the data has been uploaded for printing, it generally takes 10-14 days to receive the book. At that time, it is looked over to make sure the production and printing are correct, add the dust jacket and then ship to the purchaser. So please be patient and know that your book will arrive as quick as it gets back from the printer.

The previous book on the 3t was pirated so this one has some protections. Not a problem for me.
webtech
View Profile
Regular user
175 Posts

Profile of webtech
Ok, so I guess it is legitimate. I may have to purchase this book.
mtgoldstein
View Profile
Veteran user
Houston, TX
318 Posts

Profile of mtgoldstein
Yessir it's legit. Just got mine last night. It look great, inside and out. Haven't had time to do anything but give it a look over, but it looks like ill be spending quite a bit of enjoyable time with it.
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5120 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Does a Triple Threat have any type of ma*****c properties? or is it simply a coin and 2 s****s?
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4836 Posts

Yea It does! The coin is Magnetic, And the Shells are Steal core! Smile
David Neighbors

The Coinjurer

www.coinjurer.com
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
5120 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Doesn't that make it difficult to remove the ['s? or is the magnet a weaker one? my triception set need a key coin to seperate.

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7036 Posts

Profile of bowers
The magnetic propertys are just the right strength.
that it releases easily.but only when you want it too.
todd
billappleton
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Gatos, California
1154 Posts

Profile of billappleton
I got my copy today and this is a very nice book.

Over 170 pages packed with TT material from multiple authors, including our very own David Neighbors.

If you have a TT then you should definitely have this book!

The way Mark prints you a personalized copy is very cool.
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4836 Posts

Thanks Man!
I have more stuff on it Smile It's Waiting In line To be put out!:) Smile
David Neighbors

The Coinjurer

www.coinjurer.com
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
5120 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Now that it has been out there for a bit, how many have actually bought it? And would someone answer a question for me? Specifically, I have a magnetic Morgan an expanded shell (shimmed) and a super expanded shell (also shimmed) I can use it like a triple threat but the mag does not hold the outer shell. It only holds to the inner. I also have a NGF flipper with the same magnetic strength as the Morgan. Got my mag Morgan and NGF from Mark Mason and my exp and super exp from Joe Mogar and shimmed them myself with shim stock and mouse tape. Will the fact that the outer shell is not holding tight to the magnet hinder me in the application of the routines in the book? Do you necessarily have to have a fully magnetized set ? I just don't want to shell out $70.00 for a book of effects that mostly rely on the magnetic properties of a true triple threat set or a TTGF for that matter. I sort of have a mix and match set but they all look ok together and I see many uses from this arsenal. Thanks - Poof

Smile Smile
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
5120 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
I replaced the shim in the super exp shell with a much larger one and problem is now solved. That being said, how about a rive of the book?

Smile Smile
tm613
View Profile
Regular user
Phila, PA
124 Posts

Profile of tm613
I think you have to be a triple threat owner to buy it??
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Triple Threat Resource Material (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL