The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Dave's deception (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
magicelam
View Profile
Veteran user
Tennessee
368 Posts

Profile of magicelam
Whaddya think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxeMSCIEWIM&feature=youtu.be

Posted: Nov 5, 2012 11:53pm
Sorry, the effect is called "Dave's Dilemma"... not sure where I got Deception, haha
Mike
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3206 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
I like this idea.
Nothing Personal-Strictly Business
Rick Holcombe
View Profile
Special user
525 Posts

Profile of Rick Holcombe
Very nice.
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
Most of my magic is still in storage due to my recent move to Holland and the glacially slow bureaucracy of Dutch Immigration so I cannot give you an exact title, but, John Cornelius has a similar effect in The Award Winning Magic of John Cornelius written by Lance Pierce. You might want to compare the two before marketing Dave's Deception and if there is a similarity, it would be a good thing obviously and as I am certain you already know, to mention the Cornelius effect. I cannot remember the exact handling of the Cornelius effect but the two are similar though I hasten to add not identical as far as I can remember.

That said, nice work.

Namaste,
Vlad
Zuke
View Profile
Veteran user
352 Posts

Profile of Zuke
Quote:
On 2012-11-06 03:52, Vlad_77 wrote:
Most of my magic is still in storage due to my recent move to Holland and the glacially slow bureaucracy of Dutch Immigration so I cannot give you an exact title, but, John Cornelius has a similar effect in The Award Winning Magic of John Cornelius written by Lance Pierce. You might want to compare the two before marketing Dave's Deception and if there is a similarity, it would be a good thing obviously and as I am certain you already know, to mention the Cornelius effect. I cannot remember the exact handling of the Cornelius effect but the two are similar though I hasten to add not identical as far as I can remember.

That said, nice work.

Namaste,
Vlad

Not similar to the Cornelius effect, it's identical.
magicnorm
View Profile
Veteran user
334 Posts

Profile of magicnorm
This was also marketed by Bob Jardine (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlFNOd3BWGA ) Magician John Shryock from Tucson makes and sells the effect in his lectures for quite some time now - with permission - and I believe it is called Technicolor cards.

Norm M
WilburrUK
View Profile
Veteran user
389 Posts

Profile of WilburrUK
But those other guys don't give you the "inside work" on when to lick your fingers.
magicelam
View Profile
Veteran user
Tennessee
368 Posts

Profile of magicelam
I am not affiliated with these people, I'm merely sharing a link that popped up on my facebook feed.

I liked the effect, just thought I'd share...

I'll let them know about the Cornelius effect... Any clue which of his works it can be found on?
Mike
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
Quote:
On 2012-11-06 08:12, magicelam wrote:
I am not affiliated with these people, I'm merely sharing a link that popped up on my facebook feed.

I liked the effect, just thought I'd share...

I'll let them know about the Cornelius effect... Any clue which of his works it can be found on?

It is in the book titled The Award Winning Magic of John Cornelius written by Lance Pierce. (I mentioned this in my previous post).

Zuke, as I had stated, most of my magic is still in storage so I couldn't provide an exact cite IN the book. Also, I didn't want to state categorically that the effects are indentical without studying the Cornelius routine again.

That said - and I should have mentioned this in my prior post - that effect is considered a signature piece from Cornelius. So, even if Dave's Deception is a case of independent invention, crediting to the Cornelius effect really needs to be included.
shadowman
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of shadowman
"Marked For Life" by John Cornelius is the same effect!

John.
kermitjohnson
View Profile
New user
johnson city, tennessee
41 Posts

Profile of kermitjohnson
Hey mike, thanks for sharing the video. Dave was unaware of the original effect when he came up w/it, he did say it reminded him of something. Since finding out about its origin, we are in the process of making sure all creative credits are properly taken care of. Daves Dilemma comes w/ cards & dvd instructions. As we all know 100% original effects are slim in this industries, but I wanted to ensure the fact that its in the process of being fixed. We will be editing the video description to reflect proper credit as well.
Illusionist Kermit Johnson
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
Quote:
On 2012-11-08 18:38, kermitjohnson wrote:
Hey mike, thanks for sharing the video. Dave was unaware of the original effect when he came up w/it, he did say it reminded him of something. Since finding out about its origin, we are in the process of making sure all creative credits are properly taken care of. Daves Dilemma comes w/ cards & dvd instructions. As we all know 100% original effects are slim in this industries, but I wanted to ensure the fact that its in the process of being fixed. We will be editing the video description to reflect proper credit as well.

Wow. Just. Wow.
Zuke
View Profile
Veteran user
352 Posts

Profile of Zuke
Quote:
Posted: Nov 5, 2012 11:53pm
Sorry, the effect is called "Dave's Dilemma"... not sure where I got Deception, haha

It's called a Freudian slip.
magicelam
View Profile
Veteran user
Tennessee
368 Posts

Profile of magicelam
Kermit... I'd try to change something. As it stands, this is Cornelius's exact effect... I'd shoot him an email and see what he says...

penthru@aol.com

In my conversations with him he has been nothing but nice. He is an innovator, definitely one of the greatest thinkers in magic. Shoot him the video and see if he approves.

Posted: Nov 8, 2012 9:56pm
Zuke, it is almost like you know me... Hahahaha
Mike
havagrim
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of havagrim
Even tho it is as you people say an Cornelius effect, it is very nice! I have never seen it before. Definatly something worth looking into as I do a lot of packet tricks for collegues at work and such.

Thanks for sharing

Ronnie
"The world is my playground"
Magician from Sweden.
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
Quote:
On 2012-11-09 03:26, havagrim wrote:
Even tho it is as you people say an Cornelius effect, it is very nice! I have never seen it before. Definatly something worth looking into as I do a lot of packet tricks for collegues at work and such.

Thanks for sharing

Ronnie

Hi Ronnie,

You might want to study a bit more of John Cornelius' magic. As mentioned elsewhere in this thread, Cornelius is an innovator and thinks outside the box. The Award Winning Magic of John Cornelius is a great book and well worth the investment.

Namaste
magicelam
View Profile
Veteran user
Tennessee
368 Posts

Profile of magicelam
This effect is getting some love

http://weeklymagicfailure.blogspot.com/

Posted: Nov 9, 2012 8:11pm
Ronnie,

You can also learn the trick on this DVD - Ammar is one of the best teachers around

http://www.ammarmagic.com/roll-over-aces......-dv.html

It also has Dingle's Roll Over Aces, a great effect.
Mike
havagrim
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of havagrim
Ah, interesting. I have stumbled across a couple of effects by John, but I realised I need to look into his work a lot more. I think I have missed a lot of great things. Thanks for the advice on the book Vlad. I will look it up!

Thanks Magicelam. I am a big fan of Ammar and have a couple of his dvds. This I have missed however. Thanks for the tip!

Ronnie
"The world is my playground"
Magician from Sweden.
Harv
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm building a fence with
1127 Posts

Profile of Harv
A guy who owns a magic shop has never seen the Ammar card series? Ammar shows and explained Marked for Life on one of the DVD's. I guess Dave's only dilemma is that he's a rip off artist and should pull this trick off the market..it's EXACTLY the same as the Cornelius trick.
magicelam
View Profile
Veteran user
Tennessee
368 Posts

Profile of magicelam
So true, Harv, so true. Unfortunately, based on a post on youtube as well as here, they've decided to market it regardless.

Dave will not get on here to defend his stance, he speaks through Kermit.
Mike
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Dave's deception (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL