The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Card catcher's (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

RJH
View Profile
Elite user
Finland
477 Posts

Profile of RJH
Hi guys. I just read from card catcher somewhere. Where can I find good quality catcher, and can somebody tell me what effects can you do with it? Thanks.

RJH
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
21976 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
You heard the term from me, and it produces single cards one at a time. The only effect you can do with is is producing single cards seemingly from thin air.
Vietnam Veteran 1967, Sgt. E-5

Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
Darkwing
View Profile
Inner circle
Nashville Tn
1845 Posts

Profile of Darkwing
William's Magic has one. You might want to post this one in Secret Sessions also. I have had a couple to just play around with and sold them at swap and sells.

The only thing you can do with it is single card productions. I would get the McBride DVDs on card manipulations and learn the non-gimmick way to produce cards.
RJH
View Profile
Elite user
Finland
477 Posts

Profile of RJH
Yes Bill, heard it from you.

RJH
mtpascoe
View Profile
Inner circle
1933 Posts

Profile of mtpascoe
I bought one years ago and thought it was too difficult for practical purposes. To get it on without being seen is a trick in itself. I suppose you can reach into a hat or something and clip it on, but why? I found out when practicing producing single cards by sleight of hand, I can re-create the same feel as the clip. It almost became automatic for me to the point that it feels like I'm using a gimmick. Strange how the sleight of hand way is the best way.

Maybe that was because I used the clip first that I was able to re-create it by manipulation. I am not sure, but I find sleight of hand to be easier.
Rainboguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1747 Posts

Profile of Rainboguy
Quoting mtpascoe:

"but I find sleight of hand to be easier."

Hmmmmm...

I find sleight of hand to be BETTER......but not necessarily EASIER.

Every magician who, like me, spent much of their time as a kid staying up all night practicing back palms and card flourishes knows what I mean.
mtpascoe
View Profile
Inner circle
1933 Posts

Profile of mtpascoe
I mean sleight of hand in this particular move is easier.
RJH
View Profile
Elite user
Finland
477 Posts

Profile of RJH
Yes, I agree.

RJH
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Card catcher's (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL