The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Houdini Makes Contact at Official Houdini Seance 2012 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
jamiesalinas
View Profile
Special user
Houston
719 Posts

Profile of jamiesalinas
I have just reviewed a video clip of footage that I made of the official Houdini Seance. There was one part of the seance where something happened. I will post the video to YouTube for a limited time. Although I perform theatrical seances along with the medium in this seance, Scott Wells, we did not "rig" anything to happen as we approached this for what it was, a REAL SEANCE! There were several things that happened that night as several people reported various phenomenon but this was the most compelling. There were official videographers who recorded the event and I believe Arthur Moses will be releasing this for sale at some point. The shot you will see was taken from a stationary camera on a tripod in low light. You will see the original framing as well as a digitally zoomed in version.

In the zoomed in version, the "occurrence" is centered in the frame. I will have the link available soon as I am working on getting it uploaded now!

Stay Tuned!

Jamie Salinas
Jamie Salinas
jamiesalinas
View Profile
Special user
Houston
719 Posts

Profile of jamiesalinas
Looks like the upload is going to be a while as the video is high definition footage. It is just at 5% uploading!

Jamie
Jamie Salinas
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17522 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Now you have me all jazzed up!!!!!
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Jon_Thompson
View Profile
Inner circle
Darkest Cheshire
2404 Posts

Profile of Jon_Thompson
It's about time Houdini finally showed up!
Voodini
View Profile
Inner circle
1783 Posts

Profile of Voodini
I guess he was tied up all this years.
Voodini - cold reading, past life regressions, remote viewing, Q&A, palm reading, bizarre & seance...
www.readerofminds.co.uk
jamiesalinas
View Profile
Special user
Houston
719 Posts

Profile of jamiesalinas
Funny thing is that in the morning, I see the video failed to convert on YouTube! Does Harry not want you to see this? I have redone the video and I am saving it in a different format. It is being uploaded right now. I will keep you posted!

Jamie
Jamie Salinas
jamiesalinas
View Profile
Special user
Houston
719 Posts

Profile of jamiesalinas
Jamie Salinas
Tim Dowd
View Profile
Special user
...Making the Magic Happen!
942 Posts

Profile of Tim Dowd
Hey Jamie can you help us out I didn't see a thing
Timothy Dowd
...Making the Magic Happen!
http://www.timothydowd.com
http://vimeo.com/channels/mymagic
These are my points of view; I accept no responsibility for your interpretation of what I just said...
Mr Timothy Gray
View Profile
Veteran user
Rue d'Auseil
362 Posts

Profile of Mr Timothy Gray
Uh...
Yr. Obdt. Svt.,
Mr Timothy Gray

Specializing in the Occult Arts of Fortune Telling, Magic & Mediumship; Est. 1986
jamiesalinas
View Profile
Special user
Houston
719 Posts

Profile of jamiesalinas
Look in the very center of the video when it is zoomed it. There is a person sitting at the table that blocks the view of the seance handcuffs. The program next to it, right above the person's head, moves towards the cuffs.

Jamie
Jamie Salinas
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17522 Posts

Profile of Slim King
I SEE HIS HEAD MOVE TOWARDS THE PROGRAM AND THEN THE PROGRAM MOVE BEHIND HIS HEAD ..IS THAT IT?
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
jamiesalinas
View Profile
Special user
Houston
719 Posts

Profile of jamiesalinas
Look at 1:00 in the video. You will see the program move to the left just above the head of the person.

Jamie
Jamie Salinas
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17522 Posts

Profile of Slim King
I see it!!! And the magicians there swear it's not them!!!! (Scott would never lie) Amazing footage!!!
jamiesalinas
View Profile
Special user
Houston
719 Posts

Profile of jamiesalinas
I was a consultant for this event and I can tell you first hand that this was not "set-up". Was this paranormal? The program that moved was on top of several programs. It was kind of open and the open side was facing the candle. Was it the heat radiating from the candle that gave the right amount of "push" to get the program to move off of the stack? Was it simply like dishes falling/moving in a sink? Or was it Houdini himself? If this was rigged, we would have had the professional manned cameras capture this. I was lucky that my camera was able to capture it. I used software to zoom in on the spot as my camera was a wide shot as you saw in the beginning of the footage.

It without a doubt was great the way it happened whether it was paranormal or not!

Jamie
Jamie Salinas
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18823 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Air currents..you've got a big old room, and a lit candle in a glass holder...the heat from the candle, via the glass and the room in general, that'll cause paper and similar to warp/buckle/move via drafts or heat...
I've asked to be banned
Voodini
View Profile
Inner circle
1783 Posts

Profile of Voodini
Quote:
On 2012-11-09 09:04, IAIN wrote:
Air currents..you've got a big old room, and a lit candle in a glass holder...the heat from the candle, via the glass and the room in general, that'll cause paper and similar to warp/buckle/move via drafts or heat...

Oh Iain, you're no fun. You're as bad as that Randi bloke. Smile
Voodini - cold reading, past life regressions, remote viewing, Q&A, palm reading, bizarre & seance...
www.readerofminds.co.uk
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18823 Posts

Profile of IAIN
I think if it was houdini's ghost - he'd move something other than a bit of paper...or at least have the decency to apologise to all the poor mediums who he poo-poo'd...
I've asked to be banned
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13150 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Houdini was/is not one for apologizing.
Of course he wanted to look at the program, he had to see if his name was at the top, and how big it was.
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
819 Posts

Profile of acesover
Not all that impressive. I was hoping for more after all these years. Do spirits only move light objects such as paper?
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18823 Posts

Profile of IAIN
True Tony...

the thing is (for me at least) - its the illogical nature of ghosts, if we accept they exist (and they might for all I know) then I don't see why their personality has to change...unless that's part of the rules of Summerland (which is of itself an interesting question to think about)...

so if houdini DID come back in ghost form, what would you expect him to do first?

lets say someone is an artist, loved it, lived it, and was a loner, but quietly kind and gentle...dies of natural causes, comes back as a ghost...he's maybe be concerned about having the right light in the room, he could be encouraged by the smell of oils, a fine sable brush and some canvas "slates" left out for him to leave a mark...

one of the things that sets alarm bells off in what passes as my mind is, if the behaviour is inconsistent to the person when alive, either we have to understand WHY its suddenly changed, or start thinking about other reasons as to why something happened...whichever we find hardest to do (if its easy, it might be too obvious)...

when I snuff it and I potentially become a ghost, if you left me out a glass of decent rum or absinthe, played some music I liked - I reckon I would try my best to rattle a guitar or an xbox 360 controller...i wouldnt be bothered or interested in trying to contact someone who wasn't on my wavelength...
I've asked to be banned
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Houdini Makes Contact at Official Houdini Seance 2012 (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.27 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL