The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPS-alutely » » MOVE your iPhone with YOUR MIND! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
sgrossberg
View Profile
Special user
Southern California
734 Posts

Profile of sgrossberg
Hmmmm. I wonder if this offering (which is getting a lot of attention by reviewers and comments about how the vibration is used to turn the phone) is going to make things a little challenging:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/cycloramic/id587578368
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
Skynet will become self-aware in
2594 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Yeah . . .

I saw that too . . .

I guess we'll see how popular these articles are about Cycloramic.

Greg Rostami
Miguel Abril
View Profile
New user
99 Posts

Profile of Miguel Abril
I bought it on my iPhone 4S and it's not rotating as seen on the demo video.

I've tried different surfaces, even glass, with the same result.

Anyone with the same problem?
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
I bought this and love it. What a cool idea.

This does not work on every surface with my iPhone 4s. But when you do find a good surface, it kills!
Phone Phreak is here!
Watch the Trailer!
www.JeffPrace.com
Catch me on Instagram
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
2594 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Hi Miguel,

Try putting your iPhone on the face or back of another iPhone.

Also, try putting your phone on the different edges. On the iPhone 4S the side often works better than the bottom.

Obviously, please make sure you don't have a cover on your phone.

If it stil doesn't work for you PM me and I'll give you some other pointers.

But basically if your phone is vibrating, then it should move.

cheers,
Greg Rostami
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
2594 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
So far I've left two reviews for Cycloramic on the app store. Both of them have been magically DELETED!

Either EVERY review on the app store is read by a human, or there's an intelligent algorithm that detects people comparing one app to another.

iTelekinect was submitted to the app store the first week of October for a Halloween release.
After being in "Review" for a week (this is after waiting for a review which takes TWO weeks), the app was rejected. Hence I missed my Halloween deadline.
The app was finally released on Nov. 7th . . . 45 days BEFORE Cycloramic.

If you guys could PLEASE help me figure this out. If you buy a copy of Cycloramic, post a review about how it compares to iTelekinect and see if it EVER makes it on the app store.

I would really appreciate your help resolving this mystery.

thank you,
Greg Rostami
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
2594 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
sgrossberg
View Profile
Special user
Southern California
734 Posts

Profile of sgrossberg
Greg -

For me, the issue is not one versus the other or which came first. The challenge is: now that Cycloramic is getting so much publicity, will an audience member see the phone "turn" and instantly think about vibration. The use of the phone's vibration has been the main subject of the articles and postings I have seen about Cycloramic.
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
2594 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Hi sgrossberg,

I'm afraid there isn't much I can do about that.

Try:
Perform iTelekinect with the screen off (so it looks like your iPhone is off):

1. Go to your iPhone's Settings, General, Accessibility, Triple-click Home, and turn on VoiceOver.
2. You can now go into the VoiceOver settings and turn the speed of the voice over to maximum fast.
3. Launch iTelekinect
4. Triple click your home button, and then using three fingers triple tap the screen.
5. Your screen will now turn off, but iTelekinect will still be running.
6. To go back to normal, just triple-click your home button.

To get the NY Times, LA Times, ABC News, and everyone else and their mothers talking about your product, right after XMas, takes a LOT of money.
I can't compete with PR campaings that are in excess of $100,000.

There's a LOT of controversy surrounding Cycloramic . . . So much that I can't discuss online.
All I can say is, I'm talking to my attorney.

cheers,
Rostami
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
2594 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Here's another SPOOKY iTelekinect performance . . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUgekK6izZo

Rostami
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
2594 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Here's the latest iTelekinect demo video for the advertisement on The Magic Café.
There are a few variations on this video that my existing iTelekinect customers will enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVWmCQ1l0_Q

Please let me know what you think.

all the best,
Greg Rostami
Phil Thomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Newark, Ohio
1117 Posts

Profile of Phil Thomas
This looks really cool, Greg, but my only concerns are since the phone is glass, I would be afraid of it tipping over and breaking. Also is there any noise risks with this effect? Should this be done in a relatively noisy setting?
"If we lose the sense of the mysterious, life is no more than a snuffed out candle."

Albert Einstein
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
2594 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Hi Phil,

Even the slightest ambient noise will drown out the vibration sound. I'm always surprised by how little noise is necessary to do that.

As far as the iPhone's glass . . . it's VERY rugged. I've dropped my phone several times on concrete, and nothing has happened to it.

I have never dropped my iPhone while performing iTelekinect. Tipping your iPhone over will not damage it (trust me, I've tried!!).

cheers,
Greg Rostami
Phil Thomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Newark, Ohio
1117 Posts

Profile of Phil Thomas
Well that settles it then, Greg. I believe I will be picking this one up. It just looks so cool! Also, I think "Dead Magician" will be next. I have been out of the magic loop for some time due to other things taking precedence, but I am having a blast. I just bought iForce last week and am FLOORING people with it. I can't believe how DEVIOUS and GENIOUS this app is. I'm really digging it. I know it's been out for a while, but it's new to me. What is really cool about it is that when I got it last week, my fiance was checking her email on my phone and she saw the "Doodle" app. She was playing around and drawing pictures with it and was none the wiser. When I performed an effect for her with it a couple days later, she was totally FLOORED. Since she played with it a little before I even performed an effect, it really added to the impact. This is total genius and I love it. I will be purchasing more of your products real soon. I am beyond impressed. Great job, my friend. Cheers to you! ~Phil
"If we lose the sense of the mysterious, life is no more than a snuffed out candle."

Albert Einstein
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
2594 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Here's another idea with iTelekinect.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5onJ37n-x4

Too much FUN.
Greg Rostami
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Quote:
On 2013-03-21 17:43, Greg Rostami wrote:
Here's another idea with iTelekinect.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5onJ37n-x4

Too much FUN.
Greg Rostami

You are a brilliant thinker!
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
2594 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Thank you Zombie Magic,

As you might already know, I'm the guest of honor this week at the Magic Café.
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewf......m=325&11

Please stop by and check out some of the topics. You're welcome to even leave a question for me there.

cheers,
Greg Rostami
Arsenal
View Profile
New user
United Kingdom
81 Posts

Profile of Arsenal
There's a free app named "iMagic iPhone Rotator Zing" on the Apple Store that does the exact same effect with the same concept. I am not sure if this is a copycat of Rostami work?
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
2594 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Both iTelekinect and iMagic iPhone Rotator Zing were released exactly on the same day!!!

A few months prior to the release of iTelekinect, I had posted several videos on YouTube that showcased the app.
I'm certain these videos "inspired" this app.

There are a few features missing with iMagic iPhone Rotator Zing . . .

There's no timer, so you can't make it move from far away.
The proximity sensor starts and stops the rotation, which is only good for the kind of effect that he shows on the video.
If you bring your hand/finger close to the phone it will move, but you will have to remove your hand and then bring your hand close again to make it stop.
AND the ads are really annoying! ;-)

cheers,
Greg
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPS-alutely » » MOVE your iPhone with YOUR MIND! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL