The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Simo Aalto close-up act (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

RJH
View Profile
Elite user
Finland
477 Posts

Profile of RJH
Hey guys. A little video of Finnish magician, (I'm finnish too!). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDiyinG5ufU

RJH
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
French Riviera
6811 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
The show is a bit confusing and lacks a good script for it looks like an attempt at packing as many efffects as possible into as short a time as possible. This being said...

It's very original in many ways and his C&Bs with table bells is nothing short of brilliant. I just loved it
Magic is the art of emotionally sharing live impossible situations
Gary T.
View Profile
Veteran user
375 Posts

Profile of Gary T.
Watching this performance is like holding a conversation with somebody who has ADHD, it jumps all over the place and connections are pulled out of nowhere, but you just can't help but smile haha.
korttihai_82
View Profile
Inner circle
Finland
1880 Posts

Profile of korttihai_82
Heheh... You do know that this particular act won close-up at FISM in Lisbon 2000 and earlier versions were 2nd 1997 and 3rd 1991. But I do agree that Aaltos the act is far from perfect. Also Aaltos personality as childrens entertainer shows thru way too clearly.
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
Who else was competing that year? I agree with Gary T except for one point: I didn't smile. It was more a look of confusion.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Keith Mitchell
View Profile
Special user
799 Posts

Profile of Keith Mitchell
I saw a video a long time ago with some guy using bells and maybe it was this same Finnish magician, but it was like going to Cirque Du Soleil with so much going on at once making it hard to follow. Although I was amazed at what he could do.
korttihai_82
View Profile
Inner circle
Finland
1880 Posts

Profile of korttihai_82
Quote:
On 2013-01-24 10:32, Dave V wrote:
Who else was competing that year? I agree with Gary T except for one point: I didn't smile. It was more a look of confusion.

2000 Manuel Muerte from Germany was 2nd. Act can be seen in the "Flicking Fingers DVD extras". Gerry was 3rd with act that is on his dice stacking DVD. Both great acts. One reason for the success of the act was also the place... In Lisbon it is +30 celsius in the summer and Aalto was producing REAL Ice (more than it is seen in the video).

1997 was won by Thomas Meyer Usa (Was part of T.H.E.M but otherwise hasnt been heard off), Aalto 2nd and Manuel Muerte was 3rd.

1991 Close-up was won by Tabary with his rope routine, 2nd was John Carney, 3rd Tie with Aalto was Vallarino with his now famous balet act.
Ramin
View Profile
Regular user
119 Posts

Profile of Ramin
I get the impression that English isn't his native language. I imagine that would throw his timing off a bit; also performing to a camera instead of a live audience is tough, that might make it seem more confusing than it is. It looks like he produced at least 30 pounds of stuff, That would be a lot to haul around. Could you imagine flying with all that?
cupsandballsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
2705 Posts

Profile of cupsandballsmagic
Ignore this post.
Moonstone76
View Profile
Regular user
Italy
156 Posts

Profile of Moonstone76
Great ideas, but I must to agree with Lawrence O...lot of confusing bits...and, as the Professor would say, Magic is not confusion Smile
Anyway a skilled performer!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Simo Aalto close-up act (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL