We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Banachek (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Clayman
View Profile
Loyal user
New Jersey
243 Posts

Profile of Clayman
I went to Banachek's performance at the Gloucester County College this past Halloween. I must say that this was my first opportunity to see him performing live and it was just so amazing! What a polished performing artist he is! My thoughts to you are "Which are your favorite effects that he performs?" and "Have you ever had the oportunity to witness this Master of the art?".
Thank you all in advance for your time.
"A flash of silvery light ..and it was gone."
dillib
View Profile
Elite user
476 Posts

Profile of dillib
Well, I wish I could see him perform live, after reading his books and manuscripts.
Sariel
View Profile
Loyal user
258 Posts

Profile of Sariel
I guess I'll have to wait for a DVD... Smile
GoranS
View Profile
Regular user
161 Posts

Profile of GoranS
I think L&L are going to release a DVD in the near future on Banachek
Nir Dahan
View Profile
Inner circle
Munich, Germany
1390 Posts

Profile of Nir Dahan
I saw banachek on the L&L new catalog - so I assume a DVD will be released soon.
any official input?
david_a_whitehead
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
2122 Posts

Profile of david_a_whitehead
Pk touches is my favorite routine from banachek. so simple, yet effective
cardguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, New York
1171 Posts

Profile of cardguy
Yes, I watched his performance in NYC last year. It was very inspiring.
Frank G. a.k.a. Cardguy
Sven Rygh
View Profile
Inner circle
Oslo, Norway.
1945 Posts

Profile of Sven Rygh
Quote:
On 2003-11-03 13:17, david_a_whitehead wrote:
Pk touches is my favorite routine from banachek. so simple, yet effective

I just ordered it. Is it as good as people say?
I take it that you have to work a LOT with routine and presentation.

Sven
david_a_whitehead
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
2122 Posts

Profile of david_a_whitehead
The booklet you get tels you all you need to know. This is what it takes:
A whole lot of guts
PRESENTATION and CONTROL OF YOUR AUDIENCE

You have to make sure that the audience takes you seriously as a mentalist or else this wouldn't work.
Sven Rygh
View Profile
Inner circle
Oslo, Norway.
1945 Posts

Profile of Sven Rygh
That's what I thought. OK, I'm prepaired for all the work with it.
Clayman
View Profile
Loyal user
New Jersey
243 Posts

Profile of Clayman
I beleive the most important thing I observed when watching him perform is the way he built his effects in the audiences minds. He used very visual stories that not only boosted the overall effect but also had the audience totally into what he was doing. His control on an audience is overwhelming. When he did Pk touches people were just in awe. It was a great experience and I urge you to see him if you can or get every piece of material he has to offer, its a win win situation.
BonzoTheClown
View Profile
Regular user
176 Posts

Profile of BonzoTheClown
For those who made posts recently saying you've never picked up a nailwriter before, I would suggest that you're getting ahead of yourself.

Yes it is excellent, but it does require *experience* and the ability to shape routines into something of your own.

Too many people leap ahead to try and perform such a thing...

Marc Climens
Sven Rygh
View Profile
Inner circle
Oslo, Norway.
1945 Posts

Profile of Sven Rygh
Marc;
Never having picked up a nail writer before does not mean lack of experience.

Wha I said (or at least ment), was that I haven't been USING nailwriters (in my performances)which I now concider to do.

I have been doing magic and mentalism, even a long period some years ago as semi pro, since I was 9.
This makes a period on good 45 years.

So humbly spoken, at least I do have a little experience.

Thanks for your concern anyway!

Regards

Sven
Scott Wells
View Profile
Special user
Houston, TX
978 Posts

Profile of Scott Wells
Quote:
On 2003-11-03 13:05, Nir Dahan wrote:
I saw banachek on the L&L new catalog - so I assume a DVD will be released soon.
any official input?

Banachek's DVD should be released next Spring or perhaps early summer. We were just advised that L&L is currently digitizing the video footage and will send us a rough edit within the next few weeks. In the meantime, Banachek is putting together some additional bonus footage for the DVD set that will include a performance of his "Buried Alive".

We expect and hope to have the whole thing completed by February or early March 2004, but as to when L&L decides to release it...that's up to them. They are very competent and release nothing but the best quality products. We are very happy to be associated with L&L Publishing.

Thanks for asking, and oh, BTW, Banachek's Psychokinetic Touches routine is pretty darn incredible. The presentation offered in the manuscript we publish and sell is a good one, but not the one he uses professionally. That's up to your own creative devices ;-)

yours,
Scott
See all of Banachek's products at http://www.magicinspirations.net
"A magician who isn't working is only fooling himself." - Scott Wells, M.I.M.C. with Gold Star

The Magic Word podcast: http://themagicwordpodcast.com Listen to convention coverage, interviews with magicians, pictures, videos and more.

Magic Inspirations website for all things Banachek: www.magicinspirations.net
Clayman
View Profile
Loyal user
New Jersey
243 Posts

Profile of Clayman
Does anyone know the Title of the to be released dvd?
Scott Wells
View Profile
Special user
Houston, TX
978 Posts

Profile of Scott Wells
As yet, unknown, but give us your suggestions.

Thanks,
Scott
"A magician who isn't working is only fooling himself." - Scott Wells, M.I.M.C. with Gold Star

The Magic Word podcast: http://themagicwordpodcast.com Listen to convention coverage, interviews with magicians, pictures, videos and more.

Magic Inspirations website for all things Banachek: www.magicinspirations.net
Ian Rowland
View Profile
Special user
London
876 Posts

Profile of Ian Rowland
Banachek's material is unsurpassed in contemporary mentalism. The L&L video is going to be a major must-have, but there's some comfort for those who can't wait that long to see what all the fuss is about. Last November Banachek was the special guest lecturer at the 'Escape From The Aslyum' mind magic day held here in London, and he performed a stunning set. It included the finest metal-bending work you will ever see. The organiser, Spyros Melaris, has made a DVD of the whole day. It's actually a two DVD set, and the second DVD is just Banachek and the one and only David Berglas, who also demonstrated some wonderful large-scale, fill-the-room card routines.

The Banachek material is more or less performance only, but I still think it's worth getting just to see his flawless presentation, incredible pacing and total mastery of his material - which will teach you more than the 'methods' anyway.

For more info, I suggest you contact Spyros over at the Yahoo Mentalists Asylum magic forum. The next Escape Day is next Sunday, Nov 16th, and the 2-DVD set will be on sale then. If you can't be there, maybe someone can buy it for you and send it to you. Or Spyros will sell it to you direct.
www.ianrowland.com . Working Magic.
kamiruaga
View Profile
New user
The Basque Country (N. Spain)
69 Posts

Profile of kamiruaga
Hi!
I've tried to follow Ian's advice about contacting Spyros over at the Yahoo Mentalists Asylum magic forum. I've got Banacheck's book "Psychological Subtleties" and I'm really impressed by the "mind behind the man". The thing is that in that forum they say that the list is only open to magicians/mentalists, who may join the group only by being known to an existing member. Well, I'm afraid that noone over there knows me. Could you give me some hint, indication as how to do it?

By the way, I'd like to take advantage that Ian is around and congrat him for the good service he provides. Some time ago, I bought the book "Ahead of the Pack" through his Web Page and over 24 hours later it was already at my home! WOW!

I hope it won't take long for Ian to release his mentalism notes. I've heard they are top-notch.
Best,
All those who believe in telekinesis,
raise my hand. (Kurt Vonnegut)"
Ian Rowland
View Profile
Special user
London
876 Posts

Profile of Ian Rowland
Couple of points.

1. Someone in the States, who apparently met me at one of my lecrures, read my post above and then emailed me asking if I could buy the DVD set on his behalf and forward it to him. I accidentally deleted the email, so I no longer have it or a record of who it was. So, whoever you were, sorry... my mistake.

2. I posted the above to try and be helpful to anyone wanting this special chance to do two wonderful things at once: (1) see a nicely-shot and edited record of Banachek in impressive form (2) support Spyros and all his efforts organising and running the 'Asylum' mind magic days here in London. I didn't really mean to encourage dozens of emails asking ME to act as a sort of middle man on the deal. Please, it's Spyros's baby, he knows how and when he wants to make it available and to whom and on what terms... please deal with the organ-grinder and not the monkey. If you can't actually join the Aslyum Group, you can at least go to http://www.magicinmind.com and see the contact details there.

3. Mentalism notes... I haven't decided on this. I'm writing a mentalism book, and I may decide to incorporate the lecture notes stuff into it, in which case... not much point selling them separately. Or I may decide to keep them as separate projects, in which case the notes need revising a little (because the lecture have evolved a lot over the past year) and then I'll get them printed. As to 'when', well, I've got a lot of things to do right now, so all I can reasonably promise is that I ought to achieve this before the anticipated heat death of the universe. In the meantime, go and buy Marc Paul's lecture notes. Mine are OK, but his are better (in my opinion) and they're actually available now. (www.marcpaul.com).
www.ianrowland.com . Working Magic.
kamiruaga
View Profile
New user
The Basque Country (N. Spain)
69 Posts

Profile of kamiruaga
Hi!
Thanks for your advice about Marc Paul's lecture notes. I've already got them and I've also ordered his new DVD.

Sounds great that you are writing a mentalism book. I'll look foward to it (by the way, bear in mind that many people say that "the end of the world or universe is at hand"...just kidding Smile)

Anyway, I still don't know how to contact Spyros. I've checked http://www.magicinmind.com but I haven't seen any email address of him.

I'd like to take advantage of this post to make it clear that I'd never ask anybody to act as a middle man (it's obvious that this is a private deal) although I'd appreciate it if somebody could give me an email address, fax number, or any idea to contact him.
Best,
All those who believe in telekinesis,
raise my hand. (Kurt Vonnegut)"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Banachek (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.26 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL