The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Pick a trick any trick....suggestions wanted (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jae
View Profile
New user
Missouri
10 Posts

Profile of jae
I paint faces... yes, faces... thousands and thousands of children's faces each year. I would like to learn some tricks that would entertain not only the child at hand but also those in line waiting for their turn. Something that would make them wonder... “Did I see that?” Something easy enough for a novice and possibly be done as I multitask and paint; so would be an off hand trick. I paint right handed. Any suggestions would be welcome. Smile
Life is short..Reach for tomorrow but live for today. And NEVER take yourself too seriously.
redstreak
View Profile
Inner circle
A.K.A David Kong
1368 Posts

Profile of redstreak
Do you have any background in magic? Can you do a double lift? Elmsley count? Jog-shuffle?
blindbo
View Profile
Special user
Bucks County, PA
790 Posts

Profile of blindbo
How's this...

Kid picks a card, card is lost in the deck.
Some fancy shuffling, then cut to ....
oops, not their card. Hmmm, never seen it go wrong before... Oh, now I remember...

*You hold up a hand mirror to their face*

Is THIS your card? (selected card is painted in reverse on their face.)
jae
View Profile
New user
Missouri
10 Posts

Profile of jae
LOL
I love your style! Terrific idea. Smile
Life is short..Reach for tomorrow but live for today. And NEVER take yourself too seriously.
Peter Marucci
View Profile
Inner circle
5389 Posts

Profile of Peter Marucci
Jae,
I'm confused: If you have a line-up, then how can you stop and do a couple of tricks?
Remember, you can't do magic while you are face-painting!
jae
View Profile
New user
Missouri
10 Posts

Profile of jae
Quote:
On 2003-11-03 21:20, redstreak wrote:
Do you have any background in magic? Can you do a double lift? Elmsley count? Jog-shuffle?

My magical background is that more of someone fascinated by it for the past 38 years. (…age 5.) My skills are that of simple card tricks taught to me by my grandfather. I am a novice with a sincere desire to learn and yes I can do a double lift, the Elmsley count, and jog shuffle. The last two I would need both hands to carry out though, therein lies my frustration Smile

Quote:
On 2003-11-03 23:08, Peter Marucci wrote:
Jae,
I'm confused: If you have a line-up, then how can you stop and do a couple of tricks?
Remember, you can't do magic while you are face-painting!

With one hand free, the element of surprise as an occasional small illusion was carried out would make the ones in line less antsy and make the time there more than just a wait. My intention was not to stop and perform but rather to insert a simple illusion when I moved back to the face following the change of color on the brush... or perhaps after completion. A puzzled look comes across my face and perhaps a small bauble I palmed appears from an ear as the child moves from my chair. I have always added something new for the children each year.
DanielGreenWolf
View Profile
Veteran user
Waterbury, CT
363 Posts

Profile of DanielGreenWolf
An interesting idea I've seen in several places is getting a lotta jug, having a cup and, while doing a child's face, you pour out all the water into the cup and take a sip. (Perfectly logical for someone doing all that work…) Make sure they see it, maybe even saying "Oops.. I ran out. Better get some more." And snap your fingers and pour more water into your cup and keep painting. You can find Lotta jugs fairly inexpensively and that whole thing can be done one-handed.

Just my Smile Smile,
---Malak aka Daniel GreenWolf
-Much love,
Daniel GreenWolf
Celtic Magician

www.GreenWolfMagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Pick a trick any trick....suggestions wanted (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL