We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Dr. Bill's Bend (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Bill Cushman
View Profile
Inner circle
Florida
2855 Posts

Profile of Bill Cushman
I believe that "addiction" as you call it contributed to what woke me frsrom my sleep when my subconcious heard the word "pendulum." My wife would agree with you, especially regarding Multi-Bobs, not quite understanding how I could need more than one or two!

I'm glad to read how you are applying the thinking above and beyond the actual routine to your current repetoire. And of course about your plan to incorporate Dr. Bill's Bend into your show. Let me know how it goes!
pduffie
View Profile
Veteran user
Scotland
340 Posts

Profile of pduffie
I bet Uri Geller wishes he had this fantastic PDF booklet when he started out -- it would have saved him a lot of hard work.
Alternative Magic
Bill Cushman
View Profile
Inner circle
Florida
2855 Posts

Profile of Bill Cushman
I "invented" my method for key bending when I was 13 after watching Uri on television. I certainly have to give credit where credit is due. Thanks, Peter!
Bill Cushman
View Profile
Inner circle
Florida
2855 Posts

Profile of Bill Cushman
There is a thread on Latest & Greatest which actually has a bit of controversy regarding Dr. Bill's Bend and Steve Cohen's performance, something I never imagined occurring. Please check it out here:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......m=218&12
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5091 Posts

Profile of Roth
I love this e-book. Bill never disappoints Smile
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
El Mystico
View Profile
Special user
568 Posts

Profile of El Mystico
Yup - Dr Bill has done it again.
As everyone seems to have said already: great idea; and great tips from some of the greats.
celebrity
View Profile
Inner circle
1719 Posts

Profile of celebrity
Can't find the iTunes video link can anyone copy the link for me?

Best Wishes Michael
As a mentalist you must always ask yourself what if! And throughout your life you should seek to ask and answer this question over and over again, only then will your wildest dreams become a reality!

Visit - www.mindfx.co.uk to learn more!
ParaLabs - Thomas
View Profile
Special user
909 Posts

Profile of ParaLabs - Thomas
You will only find it in the iTunes USA stores, Michael.
I cannot get it from Germany as well - unfortunately.

Same is for Amazon InstantVideo. You can get the recordings only from an account in the States.
celebrity
View Profile
Inner circle
1719 Posts

Profile of celebrity
Sincere thanks for the information Thomas, looks like I'm going to have to invest. Would have been nice to see it without knowing the Modus Operandi first.

Best Wishes Michael Smile
As a mentalist you must always ask yourself what if! And throughout your life you should seek to ask and answer this question over and over again, only then will your wildest dreams become a reality!

Visit - www.mindfx.co.uk to learn more!
dmoses
View Profile
Inner circle
2196 Posts

Profile of dmoses
Performed this at a show last week.
It's a worker all right.
"You're a comedian. You wanna do mankind a service, tell funnier jokes."
TPR by Dave Moses and Iain Dunford
Aubrey de Wet
View Profile
Regular user
South Africa, Johannesburg
111 Posts

Profile of Aubrey de Wet
Gents, I'm from South Africa and have the same iTunes issues. If you want to watch the sepcial, buy it from the US iTunes store by creating a US iTunes account
Ike this:
http://www.pffft.co.za/stuff/how-to-crea......dit-card

It works. You will then load store credit from buying gift vouchers from third parties. That, or watch The History Channel 24/7 until it airs in your country...

- sorry for that aside, now back to the Bend..
Bill Cushman
View Profile
Inner circle
Florida
2855 Posts

Profile of Bill Cushman
Aubrey, thank you so much for sharing this! I have gotten many requests and will also share this info with Steve Cohen.

And thank you all for the comments. I love hearing about DBB being performed Dave!
Funnybaldbloke
View Profile
Veteran user
Blackpool, England
377 Posts

Profile of Funnybaldbloke
Aubrey...

You, sir, are a genius!!!
I followed your directions and now the lovely Mr Cohen and his special are downloading to my little old iMac here in sunny...well, wet...England.

Thank you VERY much for the info, I'm sure it's going to come in most useful in the future.

I am tipping my imaginary hat towards you.

Cheers,

Tony
Tomorrow's bottom of the bill...Today!
Funnybaldbloke
View Profile
Veteran user
Blackpool, England
377 Posts

Profile of Funnybaldbloke
So now I've watched the special, thanks again to Aubrey, and very good it was too.

The downside is I now have to send Bill more money for another one of his brilliant ideas.

Ah well.

Tony
Tomorrow's bottom of the bill...Today!
Aubrey de Wet
View Profile
Regular user
South Africa, Johannesburg
111 Posts

Profile of Aubrey de Wet
Glad I could be of assistance Smile
Lior
View Profile
Inner circle
1941 Posts

Profile of Lior
I don't have it ( yet) but everything Dr Bill is writing is GOLD. Everything

Lior
New shop: 1A magic
You can buy the selfie card trick.
The Zoom project
Talk To The Screen
https://1amagic.com/
PEA Dave Lederman Award 2009
PEA Dunninger Award 2001
Life Time Achivmeant IUPA 2016
Simon (Ted) Edwards
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1527 Posts

Profile of Simon (Ted) Edwards
Quote:
On 2012-11-30 11:24, Lior wrote:
I don't have it ( yet) but everything Dr Bill is writing is GOLD. Everything

Lior

Hehe, have you been reading Doug's thread?

I wrote:

Quote:
On 2012-11-30 09:03, Simon (Ted) Edwards wrote:
...we've all seen comments like, "I've heard Fred is working on a new book. Anything Fred produces is worth its weight in gold. I've begged him not to release this material [which I've not yet seen]. I can't wait [to see this material that I've not yet seen]."

I accept that this is an extreme example, but it's not uncommon. Hopefully normal people will see straight through it and won't be fooled.

I know that 'hype' means different things to different people but to me it means generating interest in a product by overstating its value. So if 100 well-meaning but ignorant people write that my dreadful effect is brilliant, that still counts as hype in my book.

No offence intended, Lior. It was just such a close match Smile

T.
Lior
View Profile
Inner circle
1941 Posts

Profile of Lior
Smile
Doug is a very close friend.
Everything he writes is gold. Everything
(this is true)

There are some people that are sharing great stuff and there are some names
that share very bad stuff...
Most of the people in the Café are amature magicians and their reviews are good most of the time
just for amatures.

Lior
The Zoom project
Talk To The Screen
PEA Dunninger Award 2001
Lior
View Profile
Inner circle
1941 Posts

Profile of Lior
And by the way... I got it 2 weeks ago.
So I know what I am talking about.

Lior
The Zoom project
Talk To The Screen
PEA Dunninger Award 2001
ParaLabs - Thomas
View Profile
Special user
909 Posts

Profile of ParaLabs - Thomas
There’s a lot being said about Dr. Bill’s Bend in the meantime – and to be completely honest, I’m somewhat biased anyway when it comes to Dr. Bill’s publications. Nevertheless I like to share some informations about the book on the one hand and my personal impressions on the other – emphasizing explicitly on the fact that the latter are exactly what I called them: personal impressions!

The ebook contains seven main parts for me:

• An ‘Introduction’ which offers a few informations on the history of this publications as such.

• Dr. Bill’s Bend which describes the actual effect, the methods and the basic presentational approach – but which already adds some clever subtleties to the pure description as well.

• Bonuses (to the actual Dr. Bill’s Bend routine) which not only offer alternatives to particular parts of the handling. More than this several wonderful (at least wonderful in my eyes) ideas, twists, ‘add-ons’ and subtleties are shared. Some of them are developments which have parallels to (credited) ideas or concepts of Docc Hilford, Richard Webster, Bob Cassidy, Andrew Gerard or Kenton Knepper for example. Other variations are contributions by great minds like Tony Razzano or Greg Arce.

• Steve Cohen’s Presentation from “Lost Magic Decoded” – well, it is obviously self-explanatory what you’ll find in this part. This is a highly commercial approach of Dr. Bill’s routine. Unfortunately I haven’t seen the actual performance. But even reading the description clarifies very well what happens and why the routine is structured the way it is. Great to learn from.

• Incredible Tips from Banachek – a self-explanatory headline as well. What a simple yet brilliant idea!

• In Pender Bender Mauricio Jaramillo shares not only a wonderful concept for pendulum work as such but more than this a great idea to combine this concept with Dr. Bill’s Bend. Stunning.

• The Appendix contains Dr. Bill’s thoughts on two particular important aspects of pendulum work: ‘Stillness’ and ‘Movement’. One shouldn’t underestimate reflections about those two topics when it comes to create a pendulum sequence!

I personally do metal bendings just on rare occasions – and even for pendulum work I have a quite ‘special’ approach which is different from the common pendulum applications that you’ll find in the corresponding literature. That said, Dr. Bill’s Bend offered me food for thought in the first instance no matter what! But more than this my first experiences with this routine in practice were astonishing!

I experimented with an approach of announcing the bend in advance as well as with apparently ‘just’ performing a pendulum sequence and only realizing the bend ‘accidentally’ later.
Both approaches caused great reactions - so the preferable interpretation of this routine depends on the situation and the personal taste I think. For me personally the second approach of not announcing the expected upcoming occurrence and acting puzzled about the proceedings and their results matches my performance style better.

Nevertheless the ebook (respectively its content) offers a wonderful wide range of potential interpretations and performance alternatives. The subtleties Dr. Bill as well as the contributors to his book offer are brilliant and worth to be reflected in-depth whether or not you are performing this routine as it is.

This implicit value of a publication and the options to apply ideas and concepts even to other routines is something that I always appreciate – and in Dr. Bill’s Bend a lot of implicit value is shared.

As I said in the beginning: I’m undeniably biased when it comes to Dr. Bill’s work anyway. So keep this in mind when you evaluate my thoughts on this ebook. But I hope you found some valuable informations in my deliberations nevertheless.

Best
Th.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Dr. Bill's Bend (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.22 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL