The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Hypnosis Show for Kids (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Jakub Vosahlo
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of Jakub Vosahlo
Hello, guys, this video is in Czech, but Im sure, you will get that idea and I hope, you will have some fun and good time by watching it Smile...

Jakub, Czech republic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oniCVD9Tt68
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2903 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
I like this. It looked like the kids were all enjoying themselves.
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
Very good. I have done hypnosis shows for kids (not often admittedly) and they are a great demographic for shows.
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
I would not allow under sixteens on stage during my regular show. However I have been hired by a school to do a show for twelve year olds, and it was fantastic. They were great. Because everyone (except the nuns supervising) was twelve, I pitched the show at that age, and left out any risque routines. It was just an hour of hilarity.

I have no problem with hypnotising children. But I would not do it during an adult show. Neither did the guy in the clip. Could be a whole new market here.
Jakub Vosahlo
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of Jakub Vosahlo
No children and hypnosis together, NO! Smile...You know, Ive been thinking about it before I did these shows and I decided, that I will do it anywhere, even if some people will think NO - simple reasons, why I said yes to myselve:

I knew an I was sure, that It will be great shows for children, I heard enough of NOs during my live about magic, about having fun, about being an entertainer...etc... Maybe you know, what I mean and still everytime I went my way, didn't listen to NOs very often Smile...And even, if I knew, that there could be some issues with parents, I did the choice and risked it Smile. I will manage the problem with parents, just when it will appear, not sooner Smile...And as a last thing - we are kind of different culture in Czech republic and as Im entertainig in my country for quite a long time, I just thought, that I can hit it right and In my country and I thing, that I did Smile...

And TonyB2009, yes, absolutely, I never mix adults and children Hpnosis shows, NEVER Smile and it is very nice of you, that you mentioned it and that you noticed it in the clip...And about your last sentence : THANK YOU FOR THAT!!! that's, why I posted this video on Magic Café, because in my country Im the only one, who is doing these kind of shows, one and only for 10 000 000 people (yes, here is just few of us Smile ) so, I thought to my selve, why not to share this idea with other performers on Café? Smile these shows where one of my marketing plans in my country. I started to do it, it is a success and it works, so it was just a simple marketing idea, for others Smile...Some will use it, some will not Smile...This is a topic for soooo long debate, right? Smile....

What you think, guys??? Im really glad, that we can share our opinions across the world here on Café, so thank you for all of your comments. I do thank you!!! Smile

Jakub, Czech republic
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
I would like to know how many shows Vespe has done - and I suspect that it is more than you think. He looks comfortable with it.

On another forum I saw a post about a guy who does stand-up comedy for kids. I thought the idea was intriguing. Stand-up is normally an adult form of entertainment. Maybe we should at least be open to changing the boundaries. I like the idea myself. The one show I did for twelve year olds was a great success, and I would love to do more.
quicknotist
View Profile
Special user
888 Posts

Profile of quicknotist
http://www.comedyclub4kids.co.uk/

This kids comedy club in the UK is wildly successful.

Even though there are no age restrictions on hypnosis here in New Zealand, I have a completely different mind and body kids show which has been in the works for a while now.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
19819 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I can't read posts with one smily face. That almost sent me into shock so I didn't bother.

I have been in situations in which I can not avoid it though and it is good to have a plan for if something happens and you wind up with them. My plan is to dismiss them as quickly as possible no matter what.

I simply would not do the show for an aduinece of exclusively, or composed of mostly kids.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Jakub Vosahlo
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of Jakub Vosahlo
I did plenty of these shows - with plenty I mean like 3 in month for Year and half now and because these kid shows are not the main magic income of my money, so I think, that is quiet a lot Smile...But look at that from this site:
Even if somebody, who will tell to himselve - OK, I will try these shows - if he will make just ten of them or just five of them or just three of them, is it not a good experience??? Is it bad money, if you sell this show like for a 1000? Will you say to your clients, sorry I will not longer do it for you, even if you want it...? Smile...You know, this is really debate just about opinions, different marketing thinking and of course different look at world...No one is good, no one is wrong Smile...
All I wanted here, when I posted the video was, that maybe some of you will like some ideas, stage set-up, emotions and enjoying some fun...Maybe some beginners will tell themselves, oh I will buy fake hair for my show, or I will change my cloth, or Ooooh, this was so bad, that I will do it absolutely oposite way Smile...Just that Smile...
We can never finish debate about if it is right or wrong, to hypnotize kids...We will allways have different look at this, as do people in religions, life styles, clothes and everything...Some will be for it, some against it...I made my choice and when I would see, that it was wrong, I would stop performing these shows imedietally..But Im not Smile...
Maybe some will look at this video just for performance inspiration or checking the market or just for fun...It is up to each of us, what we want Smile
Im sure, that it could be an inspiration for somebody and if not, then not and that is all Smile.

And guys, thank you for that idea about stand-up comedy for kids - this will help in my agency very much, really thank you for that!!!

Jakub Vosahlo, Czech Republic
showman
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of showman
Oh, one more thing. In answer to your question as to whether we would turn down a show of this nature if the fee was very high I can only speak for myself. I don't care how much the fee is - you would never get me doing one of these shows. In the end your reputation suffers and you get no work at all in the long run.
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
I have done one of these shows, and would do so again. I have posted the youtube clip to my facebook page to guage the public (as opposed to the magicians') reaction, and so far it has been all positive.
RobDeGroof
View Profile
New user
Belgium
7 Posts

Profile of RobDeGroof
Very nice done. Indeed the kids on stage as well the once in the audience are enjoying themeselves. As I used to work a lot as a childrens performer I really want this to be possible in Belgium as well. But as even stage hypnosis for adults is illegal (it doesn't stop me from doing it) I don't think it would be a great market in Belgium. I posted this video on my FB Wall. Very curious to read the reactions.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
19819 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
What does an insurance company think about hypnotism for children?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
Wouldn't know, Danny. I believe in a don't ask, don't tell policy.

Seriously, I am insured to do shows for adults and kids, including comedy and magic shows. As far as I am concerned, I am covered.
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Quote:
On 2013-12-09 18:35, TonyB2009 wrote:
Wouldn't know, Danny. I believe in a don't ask, don't tell policy.

Seriously, I am insured to do shows for adults and kids, including comedy and magic shows. As far as I am concerned, I am covered.

You should really look at your policy Tony I doubt you will be covered for hypnosis.

My niece who is now 30 told all her friends in primary school when she was 10 that her uncle was a hypnotist.All the kids in her class taunted her called her a liar. So her teacher asked her to ask me to go in and do a talk. I went in did a talk and stuck all their hands together. that's as far as I would dare to go. I finished up doing mind blowing piece of mentalism to leave the teacher stunned then left. I only did it for my niece to shut up the other kids and give her some "status" at school.

I would never do shows for kids apart from being illegal it just doesn't fit with me.
JonChase
View Profile
Loyal user
Exeter, UK
208 Posts

Profile of JonChase
No absolutely not. Hypnosis, regardless of what you believe, has the potential to screw people up, it just does. Magic is bad enough, I had to therapise a child once who'd been traumatised by seeing his friends head 'disappear' and he was 9. So no, this is a terrible idea, awful.
Smiles

Jon Chase

http://jonathanchase.com
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
Quote:
On 2013-12-13 18:04, mindpunisher wrote:
I would never do shows for kids apart from being illegal it just doesn't fit with me.

Its illegal in a limited number of territories. I think the key point is whether it fits you or not. I have done just a few and they work. I have been hired to do one next May for a communion party. It will be different from my adult show, and it will be safe.

As for magic traumatising people, pity about them. Life is a dangerous thing, and we won't stop doing magic because one kid in a couple of million had a bad experience. Similarly I am not worried about doing hypnosis for kids, if they are old enough to understand. The school that hired me hired me for twelve year olds. If conservative nuns think it is appropriate, who are we to disagree?
JonChase
View Profile
Loyal user
Exeter, UK
208 Posts

Profile of JonChase
No absolutely not. Hypnosis, regardless of what you believe, has the potential to screw people up, it just does. Magic is bad enough, I had to therapise a child once who'd been traumatised by seeing his friends head 'disappear' and he was 9. So no, this is a terrible idea, awful.
Smiles

Jon Chase

http://jonathanchase.com
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Quote:
On 2013-12-15 13:34, JonChase wrote:

Im glad to see someone agree with me "hypnosis has the potential to screw people up". Ive been going on about it for years on here much to the annoyance of the newbies and street monkey's. I've always said there is an inherent risk whenever you do a show even for experienced performers. And its something that needs to be kept in mind.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
19819 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Therapise?

Yea nice.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Hypnosis Show for Kids (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.26 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL