The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Looking for... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
pslaughter
View Profile
Loyal user
270 Posts

Profile of pslaughter
Hey everybody,

I'm looking for a cloth astrology chart. I want to perform one of the Curator's effects Zodiac in Capricorn Tales. I need to find "a chart with the twelve signs of the zodiac,the numbers
of these houses and the dates that they cover." I've tried searching the internet but I'm just not finding what I'm looking for. I know it's out there, I'm just not looking in the right places. Probably has to do with being pretty tired right now.

Could someone point me in the right direction? I'd appreciate it.

Thanks
David Eichler
View Profile
Grammar Host
Durham, ME
1763 Posts

Profile of David Eichler
Here's one. See if it will work for you. http://www.the-covenstead.com/index.php?......_id=4749
Don H
View Profile
New user
The Netherlands
60 Posts

Profile of Don H
I have drawn the circle with it's symbols, houses and dates on
chamois-leather / wash-leather with a sharpie.
I also added the exact dates of the signs, clearly to read for both.
Finaly I sealed it with fixation spray.
It looks great and I find it very rewarding to make my own props.
David Eichler
View Profile
Grammar Host
Durham, ME
1763 Posts

Profile of David Eichler
Don, that sounds great. If you'd be willing to post a picture, I'd love to see it!

Best,

David
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3933 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
I'm going to see Don on Monday.
I must remember to ask to see this.

Steve
David Eichler
View Profile
Grammar Host
Durham, ME
1763 Posts

Profile of David Eichler
See if he'll let you snap a picture of it to share with us all! It sounds wonderful.
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
I 2nd, David ! Would love to see, pic!
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
duanebarry
View Profile
Special user
883 Posts

Profile of duanebarry
I did Zodiac at a steampunk event last year, so my wife and I collaborated on creating one of these. She made custom woodcuts for the astrological signs and I did the layout.

Then we screen printed it by hand. Since it was for a steampunk event, we printed it on some silvery fabric.

I can shoot a photo, if there'd be any interest.
Bedford
View Profile
Special user
Louisville, KY
666 Posts

Profile of Bedford
These guys have a lot of altar cloths, covers, etc.

http://www.abaxion.com/ritual.htm

Might be able to find something here.
The Alchemy Moon Collective
Find us on Gemini Artifacts
David Eichler
View Profile
Grammar Host
Durham, ME
1763 Posts

Profile of David Eichler
Quote:
On 2012-11-16 16:47, duanebarry wrote:
I did Zodiac at a steampunk event last year, so my wife and I collaborated on creating one of these. She made custom woodcuts for the astrological signs and I did the layout.

Then we screen printed it by hand. Since it was for a steampunk event, we printed it on some silvery fabric.

I can shoot a photo, if there'd be any interest.

Yes, please! Do share!
pslaughter
View Profile
Loyal user
270 Posts

Profile of pslaughter
Thanks guys!

Keep those ideas coming!

I am trying to put together a Luna Rose type of "fortune teller" set. I'd like to find a cloth that I can lay out that has the name of the zodiac signs spelled out, the symbols, and the dates they cover. I wish I could make something myself, but I'm not that artistic and my handwriting really sucks! Come on Steve Young...this sounds like something that might be right up your alley!
Joshua J
View Profile
Special user
665 Posts

Profile of Joshua J
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3933 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
I could see what I can come up with.

If you could make a rough idea with pencil and paper and snap a photo (phone quality would be OK)
Email it to steve@thoughtillusions.com
I can get to work on it next week.

Steve
pslaughter
View Profile
Loyal user
270 Posts

Profile of pslaughter
Thanks Steve,

I'll draw something out and email it to you tomorrow. I told you my drawing skills are nothing to write home about, but I can come up with at least a rough simulation. Really this thing should not be too difficult conceptually. It should just look good.

You can see a black and white picture of the cloth Mr. Chelman uses on page 2 of Capricorn Tales in the trick called Zodiac. His is, of course, gorgeous. I'm not sure that the one I'm looking for needs to be that detailed.

Oh, and I'm making some progress on the Titanic ideas we talked about earlier. When I get something more concrete put together I'll send you the details. I think you are really going to like it. :0)
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3933 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
One of my favourite items in my Titanic collection is a letter from the insurers to one of their clients in answer to a request for information on the tragedy.

In it the writer confidently assures him that another ship is standing by Titanic to offload passengers, and there is no danger of loss of life.

Just another little touch, that makes it all real.

I'll get onto the cloth as soon as I get the sketch, doesn't have to be anything great. Just so I have an idea.
steve
pslaughter
View Profile
Loyal user
270 Posts

Profile of pslaughter
OK Steve, I sent you the picture. It's my best effort. Don't laugh too hard! :0)

The only thing I didn't mention was the size it needs to be. Essentially the effect calls for a grand use of the clock force so it needs to be large enough to allow for 12 cards to be laid out around the edge of the cloth. While the circle needs to be big enough to accomplish the task, it shouldn't be so large as to make it difficult to use. I would like for the entire cloth, circle and all, to be about the size of a large close up pad. Does any of this make sense?

Let me know. I really appreciate your help!

Thanks
pslaughter
View Profile
Loyal user
270 Posts

Profile of pslaughter
Hey Steve!

Did you get those photos?
duanebarry
View Profile
Special user
883 Posts

Profile of duanebarry
Sorry, I wasn't able to post photos before the holiday of the cloth my wife and I designed. Here are a few shots. I thought her woodcuts turned out nicely.

Since my purpose was to perform Christian Chelman's Zodiac, the design has some features to help me out. The most useful one is that the first date of a given sign is indicated at the outer edge of the wheel via roman numerals, so Gemini is V . XXIII. I tried to keep this fairly subtle since I figured a real reader would know the dates and wouldn't need them spelled out.

The above shots are on a semi-shiny gray-silver cloth, since I was working a steampunk event. This one is on tea-dyed canvas, which looks pretty nice (though I should have ironed it first):

pslaughter
View Profile
Loyal user
270 Posts

Profile of pslaughter
WOW! That looks amazing Duane! Thanks for sharing!

Your wife's woodcuts are incredibly nice.

Well done
afinemesh
View Profile
Inner circle
Senseless gibberish that amounts to
2622 Posts

Profile of afinemesh
VERY NICE!!
"I've always been mental, I'm sure of it" Boris Pocus Smile

"Someday we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny". . .Bruce Springsteen
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Looking for... (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL