The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Hostess RIP » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19..23~24~25
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1910 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
No - I am speaking in English - you want to twist my words to suggest I said things I didn't say - shame on you for it!!! You want to narrowly define "productivity" to be linked solely to it's economic meaning.

Walmart has a job, it distributes goods to the population. It makes a profit in the process. It is productive.

Hostess had a job, it made and distributed baked goods. It did not make a profit in the process. It was unproductive.

If I go to the sidewalk to do a magic show, and nobody stops to watch ... I am unproductive. But if I get a bunch of people to watch, then I am productive.

One fire fighter can pickup a water hose and drag it to the fire ... he is productive. Another fire fighter is fat and lazy and cannot do so on his own ... he is unproductive.

One spotlight worker keeps the spot on the performer and turns it off when the time comes; he is productive. Another spotlight worker falls asleep and leaves the spot center stage for the entire show - he is unproductive.

You set a goal ... if you do something that helps achieve that goal, it is productive 'something'. If you do something that does not help achieve that goal, it is unproductive 'something'.

You should have learned this in the 8th grade dude!!!

The fact that the population has grown in the last 20 years accounts for increased productivity - more people can produce more goods and services.

And union membership has declined in the last 20 years, so how do you figure they have something to do with this increased productivity??

-JoeJoe
Amazing JoeJoe on YouTube[url=https://www.youtube.com/user/AmazingJoeJoe]
Slide
View Profile
Special user
533 Posts

Profile of Slide
"The fact that the population has grown in the last 20 years accounts for increased productivity - more people can produce more goods and services. "

More people creating goods and services represents a DECREASE in productivity. Productivity in manufacturing is being able to produce MORE goods with LESS people, not the opposite.

Hostesses problems had NOTHING to do with productivity and everything to do with bad MANAGEMENT decisions in marketing and positioning the product.

Your other examples have NOTHING TO DO with anything.

"Hostess had a job, it made and distributed baked goods. It did not make a profit in the process. It was unproductive" THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH PRODUCTIVITY!!!

YOu don't understand business, you don't understand the terminology and your examples have absolutely nothing to do with the question on hand.
Slide
View Profile
Special user
533 Posts

Profile of Slide
"And union membership has declined in the last 20 years, so how do you figure they have something to do with this increased productivity?? "

Decreases in union membership have everything to do with increased productivity: increased productivity means you make the same goods with fewer people: fewer people means less union membership.

wow, you are REALLY dense.
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1910 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
You don't understand English; talking to you is unproductive.

-JoeJoe
Amazing JoeJoe on YouTube[url=https://www.youtube.com/user/AmazingJoeJoe]
Slide
View Profile
Special user
533 Posts

Profile of Slide
What you fail to understand is that increased productivity does not mean we are creating MORE goods. Increased productivity means that you produce the SAME goods with LESS people. The fact that you can't understand this BASIC 101 business concept means your don't know what you are talking about.

have you ever taken a SINGLE business course?
Slide
View Profile
Special user
533 Posts

Profile of Slide
I understand english and I understand business. You clearly do not.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Hostess RIP » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19..23~24~25
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL