The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Scotch and soda (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Quote:
On 2012-11-20 14:12, Chewbacca wrote:
J-Mac how do you like the magnetic version? What differences if any? Any drawbacks?

Better than some; not quite as good as others. The set I recently purchased from Todd Lassen's commercial site is excellent.

Jim
Chewbacca
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of Chewbacca
I have a Johnson Scotch and Soda being delivered any day now, but I am leaning towards magnetic only cause I would image it is quicker to reset. I took a look at Todd Lassens commercial site and didn't see a magnetic version, but maybe I am just blind.
Aaaargh...
"Chewie"
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
No, Todd's isn't magnetic. Sorry if I made that confusing! Todd's uses a bang ring but it works well - nothing tough about it. Takes about the same time IMO to reset. You won't get the magnetic one separated without using a decent sized piece of steel. Six of one...

Jim
ToHan
View Profile
Loyal user
286 Posts

Profile of ToHan
Hi
I have used magnetic S&S (silver and copper) for years because you have a lot more possibilities. If you need a piece of steel to reset, hide it in a thin wallet. After performance drop the set on it and separate the shxxx , its done quickly and unseen. Or put on your PK ring. A nice set from Johnson is - The new magnetic silver & copper - where you get the standard set + standard penny + M penny who fit the shxxx. This is used in the film below. Just my advice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niz59Sj4wzc&feature=plcp
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
A couple of my PK rings - both rated N-52 from Supermagnetman - wouldn’t pull mine apart! The entire gaff pulled away.

Jim
robinsonm
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of robinsonm
Well I got my Johnson S&S set. That was the fix I need. My other set was just a piece of crap once I see the quality of the Johnson set. Thanks everyone for the help.
cablerock
View Profile
Veteran user
362 Posts

Profile of cablerock
I have set mine up so that I don't need a bang ring to open them and can do it with my hands. The but there is still no noticeable difference to the looks whatsoever, and is completely examinable still. It involves a very fine nail buffer and some time/patience.
Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
View Profile
Inner circle
1513 Posts

Profile of Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
That's simply it. You get what you pay for. If you arent going to pay the money for a better prop then you will get sub par product. For the lower quality S and S go with johnson. For me though I will never go back now that I have the infinity edge from Lassen.
rogerpierre
View Profile
New user
49 Posts

Profile of rogerpierre
I have had a lot of good response to the copper bullion coins. And you can get them with several different faces, the American Indian penny, etc
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Quote:
On 2013-05-30 13:29, Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse wrote:
That's simply it. You get what you pay for. If you arent going to pay the money for a better prop then you will get sub par product. For the lower quality S and S go with johnson. For me though I will never go back now that I have the infinity edge from Lassen.

Wow - it is rare indeed that I hear of Johnson coin gaffs called "lower quality". Personally I think they are as high quality as any commercial gaffs available. That excludes custom-made gaffs of course. Todd's S&S may be amazing in appearance but does it truly perform any better than Johnson's?

Jim
afinemesh
View Profile
Inner circle
Senseless gibberish that amounts to
2621 Posts

Profile of afinemesh
Quote:
On 2013-06-01 23:41, J-Mac wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-05-30 13:29, Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse wrote:

Wow - it is rare indeed that I hear of Johnson coin gaffs called "lower quality". Personally I think they are as high quality as any commercial gaffs available. That excludes custom-made gaffs of course. Todd's S&S may be amazing in appearance but does it truly perform any better than Johnson's?

Jim

Great question, Jim. I for one (being in the market for a S&S and weighing all the options) would love to know!
"I've always been mental, I'm sure of it" Boris Pocus Smile

"Someday we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny". . .Bruce Springsteen
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Scotch and soda (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL