The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Best response when you say you are a mentalit (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5134 Posts

Profile of Amirá
Why don't just read his mind when this situation arrives?

Just reframe the roles ( YOU should be in control) and use that to share some Mentalism.

"Look me into my eyes....

Nothing (relaxing tension)

I saw a few things of your life, but you werent focus in something. Lets do this, I have in here 5 ESP cards..."

Best
Pablo
Performer and Author

Mentalism Center: The best online space to get quality Mentalism
www.mentalismcenter.com

Arkanosophy: The Boutique for Mystery Performers
www.arkanosophy.com
celebrity
View Profile
Inner circle
1702 Posts

Profile of celebrity
Pete Turner does indeed have one of the best responses to this question and he is including it on the DVD too Smile

Before learning Pete's I used to follow by saying the following (which your more than welcome to use): "Reading minds requires two key elements, firstly a good sender of information and secondly a good receiver of information. Both of these are very rare talents and unfortunately without the two working together this would be a futile process."

This gives a feasible excuse to move on and also lets the audience realize that they are witnessing something very special and rare when you do find a more compliant spectator to work with. It also provides you with an opening to try something on a smaller scale to test the waters as it were.

Best Wishes Michael Smile
As a mentalist you must always ask yourself what if! And throughout your life you should seek to ask and answer this question over and over again, only then will your wildest dreams become a reality!

Visit - www.mindfx.co.uk to learn more!
Shrubsole
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
2448 Posts

Profile of Shrubsole
"What am I thinking them?"

"Oh I'm sorry you should have let me finish. I read minds for MONEY! I take cash, cheques or credit cards!"

Of course we shouldn't steal other people's material but you can't get better than Mel Mellor:

"Oh you are thinking about getting a new hair-do... Well you must! You can't go around looking like that, can you?"
Winner of the Dumbringer Award for total incompetence. (All years)
magicman29
View Profile
Inner circle
hertfordshire
1240 Posts

Profile of magicman29
Quote:
On 2012-11-18 07:57, Shrubsole wrote:
"What am I thinking them?"

"Oh I'm sorry you should have let me finish. I read minds for MONEY! I take cash, cheques or credit cards!"

Of course we shouldn't steal other people's material but you can't get better than Mel Mellor:

"Oh you are thinking about getting a new hair-do... Well you must! You can't go around looking like that, can you?"

I like that alot!

Kieran
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4176 Posts

Profile of bobser
Quicknotist, I don't know who you are, but I really like your 'CASH' answer. By far the best.
Your also very good looking. We have your photograph up on our wall and my cellmate says you remind him of Steve McQueen, in the later days?
Bob Burns is the creator of The Swan.
Vanitas
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of Vanitas
Very good line to introduce yourself - without saying "I am mentalist" - is Paul Brook's sentence: "I am a performer".Maybe it doesn't matter but I see only one weak point of this introduction - not every language is good enough to say this line; in polish (my language) it doesn't work wery well, but in english... well I think it's really great lien to introduce yourself and avoid many of questions if we don't like to answer it.
quicknotist
View Profile
Special user
888 Posts

Profile of quicknotist
Tell your cellmate it takes a McQueen to know a McQueen.

Quote:
On 2012-11-18 08:22, bobser wrote:
Quicknotist, I don't know who you are, but I really like your 'CASH' answer. By far the best.
Your also very good looking. We have your photograph up on our wall and my cellmate says you remind him of Steve McQueen, in the later days?
nomermindmaster
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of nomermindmaster
I have always been in this position, at times I remark with "I knew you're going to say that" and pull out from my pocket a folded note which reads "What am I thinking right now?"
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10632 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On 2012-11-19 00:04, nomermindmaster wrote:
I have always been in this position, at times I remark with "I knew you're going to say that" and pull out from my pocket a folded note which reads "What am I thinking right now?"

I like this one and C.A.S.H - cash is KING (notice I didn't say kink).
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of premium, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
aalexander
View Profile
Loyal user
228 Posts

Profile of aalexander
Possibly after a probing, dramatic gaze:

"You seem to be thinking that you'll be getting a free show."

Or if you know their job, offer a trade. Maybe a mind reading for a root canal if they're a dentist, and so on. Why does nobody go "oh, you're a fashion designer? Design me some clothes right now!"
JohnWells
View Profile
Inner circle
The Southern Wild
1791 Posts

Profile of JohnWells
Of course, there are those times where I just tell them what they're thinking, but I can't rely on that...
JohnWells
View Profile
Inner circle
The Southern Wild
1791 Posts

Profile of JohnWells
And, if you're a smart@ss, "anything at all". "That's not what I was thinking!" "It is now."
Dr. Van Van Mojo
View Profile
Special user
570 Posts

Profile of Dr. Van Van Mojo
There's an outstanding idea on how to deal with this in Bruce Bernstein's "Unreal".
espmagic
View Profile
Special user
910 Posts

Profile of espmagic
I have said "You're thinking that it would be really cool if I could tell you what you're thinking right now..." Then I do.

Lee
Steve_Mollett
View Profile
Inner circle
Eh, so I've made
3010 Posts

Profile of Steve_Mollett
I regularly read the "I don't use a title--I just do my thing and let them decide, etc."
Question: If you perform for pay, what do you tell your potential clients or talent agents you are?
You have to tell them SOMETHING so they'll know what kind of an entertainer they are getting.
Author of: GARROTE ESCAPES
The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth.
- Albert Camus
LBP MAGIC
View Profile
Veteran user
374 Posts

Profile of LBP MAGIC
Ahhh interesting way to introduce yourself. What is it you do for a living? You are a car salesman? Quick sell me a car right now!

What are we performing monkeys?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Best response when you say you are a mentalit (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL