The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Zig zag milk (44 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
cyberdave03
View Profile
Loyal user
300 Posts

Profile of cyberdave03
Quote:
Do you think the idea of converting "What's Next" to a cube is some simple thing that just fell from the sky? That anyone could have thought of it and worked it out? Do you give Angelo NO credit for conceiving of how to turn an old two-dimensonal trick into something that's three-dimensional and actually far more deceptive?

First, you should dial back your coffee intake to 2 pots a day.

Second, yes, actually, it's not a stretch of the imagination to go from a card to a cube. They are essentially the same illusion: WN is a two sided card that seems to contain 5 sides, and NSD is a 6 sided die that seems to contain 9 sides. And yes, I give Angelo credit for working out the method for the conversion. I'll stick with WN, it's more portable, but as you would observe, others are free to go with either one, or both.
Angelo Carbone
View Profile
V.I.P.
1323 Posts

Profile of Angelo Carbone
Not logged into Café for a while.

A few comments.

Zig Zag Milk will be made out of wood. Yes I have had problems getting it manufactured and will be looking to progress with this further. I do think it is more deceptive than a deck of cards or a soda can because it uses liquid. The glass can't squish or it would overflow. It can't tip backwards or it would all fall out. There are some subtle principles in method which should enhance it more so.

As for the Die trick, I don't think it was ever intended to be a true head scratcher. It clearly says in SEO's description that it is based on What's Next principle which all magician's know of. I just decided to apply it to a cube which had not been done before. For those that know what it is and what it does and like it, then they have the option to get it. For those who are not fooled, good for you. What's next principle is old so am pleased you are aware of it. The Die is also just as portable as it folds flat. Smile
The Gift: Trick of the Year 2017
My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/themagicinventor
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
The idea is great Angelo, I think it's just the video wich can be better.
For Ziz Zag milk for sure it's better because it use liquid. Hope your trick will become a great success.
No news about Demi deck ? I really like this one.
Angelo Carbone
View Profile
V.I.P.
1323 Posts

Yes the video could be better. I should do a new one Smile

Demi Deck still in progress. Smile
Bob_Hummer
View Profile
Special user
836 Posts

Profile of Bob_Hummer
Wow - just checked out Demi Deck on YouTube. It looks amazing. I have no idea how it is done.

Joe
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5474 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Zig Zag Milk is awesome, and I like the 9 Sided Die. Sure, I know how it's done...because I know the principle involved. But if I didn't, I would find it entertaining.
Great work yet again Mr. Carbone.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
MrWizard
View Profile
Inner circle
Conjured The Illusion Of
1041 Posts

Profile of MrWizard
The video that needs redone is Nine Sided Dice. Look at the first frames when the dice is being shown it speaks for itself Smile

Good that it folds flat that is a good option. But seriously do the video again and get the current one offline. Smile

Surprising how many people miss the problem with it. Or you can leave it like it is your choice not mine. Smile
It's An Illusion Unless I Can't Fix It Then It's A Reality.
ChasVH
View Profile
Special user
663 Posts

Profile of ChasVH
Angelo, The Zig Zag Milk looks Awsome and you can count on me getting one as soon as you get it mfg and released. Way cool.

Charlie
cyberdave03
View Profile
Loyal user
300 Posts

Profile of cyberdave03
Demi Deck looks like another great winner (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbLbaxH5m2s). One ups the Bromley deck penetration.

Angelo, why aren't magic manufacturers sending armored cars full of cash to your door to produce these?

The Demi Deck youtube video says it was uploaded 1 year ago. How long would you estimate it takes from conception to manufacture for one of your tricks?
ChasVH
View Profile
Special user
663 Posts

Profile of ChasVH
I agree... I would buy this one (Demi Deck) as well the minute it was produced and ready to sell.

Charlie
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
If I understand correctly, Tenyo was interested in Demi Deck idea, but there is a manufacturing problem because parts of the mechanism is too fragile and breaks easily.
Since Angelo is looking for a solution to replace this fragile piece, but without success Smile
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1928 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
Perhaps Angelo can share the secret with us and we can all help him find a solution Smile Smile
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2486 Posts

Profile of Richard Kaufman
CyberDave03 wrote, "First, you should dial back your coffee intake to 2 pots a day. Second, yes, actually, it's not a stretch of the imagination to go from a card to a cube."

First, I don't drink coffee, but I do express strong opinions.

Second, perhaps it's an obvious idea to you, but no one has ever done it before as far as I know, so turning the dot card into a cube is NOT an obvious idea.
dragonash
View Profile
Veteran user
the sticks
363 Posts

Profile of dragonash
It would be just among us. Nobody else would know.
Angelo Carbone
View Profile
V.I.P.
1323 Posts

A while back, Tenyo made a lovely wooden prototype of Demi Deck but we did not progress with it further. However, Demi Deck IS under progress. It will no longer be a wooden box but resemble a black leather case to hold your regular deck inside. A card case and a trick too! Two for the price of one Smile
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3541 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Another voice echoing how cool the Zig Zag milk looks. I also applaud Angelo looking for another approach to the moving spot card with the 9 sided die. The spot card is a good effect but it is done to death. Can think of a couple of fun tongue in cheek gambling bits to do with this. Ask the audience how many ways you can add to 11 on a die. Most will say one and you inform them you will bet anyone $1,000 there are four. Rapidly show 6 and 5, 7 and 4, 8 and 3, 9 and 2. Then it would be cool if you could open the cube and havea bunch of spring bills fall out, illustrating the $1,000 you made!

Could also be used by a kid show performer... Tell the kids you have six cool things to show them and turn cube to the next number until you' ve done the six effects. Then "remember" you have one more really cool thing... Turn the cube to seven... Remember one more thing.... Turn to eight. Then tell them you really want to show them the big finale... Shake the cube, nothing, shake it again, nothing, shake one more time and show the nine and do the finale. Might also be cool to switch the cube at the end for another one filled with candy for the audience...

I agree Angelo's video is not the best but at least it shows you clearly what you are getting, unlike many other videos. By the way have no idea if the ideas above are possible, just brainstorming.

John
magic patagonia
View Profile
Special user
570 Posts

Profile of magic patagonia
Wow....Demi Deck is my favourite now!!!
MrWizard
View Profile
Inner circle
Conjured The Illusion Of
1041 Posts

Profile of MrWizard
Ya I watched the Demi Deck video it is very good. I thought since the deck wasn't fanned out before it was put in case the top card was covering a split deck of false deck but when removed all the cards were nicely passed from one hand over the other in a way that made it clear nothing fishy here. Smile
It's An Illusion Unless I Can't Fix It Then It's A Reality.
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1928 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
Quote:
On 2012-11-28 00:13, magic patagonia wrote:
Wow....Demi Deck is my favourite now!!!

Agreed - this is a must buy for me.
Not sure about Zig Zag Milk (I do find it a great trick), will depend on how much it costs probably Smile
ChasVH
View Profile
Special user
663 Posts

Profile of ChasVH
I'm in for both, just tell me where to buy Angelo!? No pressure to get them finished, but can you hurry so I can have them for X-mas!.... just kidding of course, take your time and get them right like you always do.

Charlie
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Zig zag milk (44 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL