The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Magic Café Tech Help Area » » FFS!!!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Rotten
View Profile
Special user
829 Posts

Profile of Rotten
It's way to difficult to upload an image to my profile. I asked for help but have yet to receive it so the hinge wants oil. It was stated it would take 5- what ever days for turn around. It was almost two weeks ago.

I really don't care but many people have asked why I don't have a pic of myself. I tell them because you make it impossible to load one. So, if anyone else has had problems like me, you're not the only one. I'll start a support group. We can at least support each other.

By now I would think there would be a better program or interface thing that makes life easier. How old is this format?
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4854 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Perhaps a little less complaining and a simple request for help would go a long way. The FAQ says to allow 3 days if you submit the form, however, that was written years ago when the Café was just beginning.

Loading an avatar is not difficult at all. After all, almost 6000 members have done it successfully. The size of your photo must be within the ranges listed on the upload page. It must also be in the format listed. If those two specifications are maintained, there should no reason why you cannot upload a photo. Sounds like the problem is on your end.

However to make it simple for you, here's a free web site to make you picture the correct size. Just load it on the page and you'll get the correct size. Save it to your computer and upload it to the Café.

http://www.shrinkpictures.com/create-avatar/
Where the magic begins
Ed_Millis
View Profile
Inner circle
Yuma, AZ
2292 Posts

Profile of Ed_Millis
I - along with several others - have even managed to upload an animated GIF for an avatar. It is definitely no more "impossible" than an easy magic trick. If you've done the work to do a criss-cross force without getting busted, then an avatar should be a piece of cake.

Ed
Rotten
View Profile
Special user
829 Posts

Profile of Rotten
I placed a simple request 2 weeks ago. Thank you for the helpful link. Perhaps it could be placed in the FAQ about the profile pic. I suppose if 6000 members figured it out then I am a moron. Note taken.
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4854 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
You're not a moron, just didn't make your photo according to the guidelines on the upload page. You also have to remember that the tech group is only 2 people who have real jobs outside of the Café. While 2 weeks may seem like a long time to you, with all they have to do both on their jobs and here, it's really a relatively short period of time. Simple name changes for example typically take months.
Where the magic begins
Rotten
View Profile
Special user
829 Posts

Profile of Rotten
You're right Dave. I tried to resize the photo in photoshop many times. My mother reminded me tonight that I'm not a moron. I'm a registered native american and one day, hopefully not soon as it's inherited from my mother, I'll receive a check from the government because we were found incompetent. Thank you for making it simple enough for my incompetence to understand.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Magic Café Tech Help Area » » FFS!!!! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL