The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Requires Only You DVD (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Roy
View Profile
Elite user
Israel
486 Posts

Profile of Roy
Hey guys,

Wow! I sold out all my 'Requires Only You' DVDs that I brought to my lecture at MindVention convention.

The DVD is all mostly about billet work and I teach my RZ modified switch, RZ center tear, PAM PW force, how I use Acidus Novus peek and Swami writing - All explained using short fun routines.

If you bought it, I would like to know what you think.

Roy Zaltsman
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3250 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
I ordered a copy and eagerly look forward to receiving it and learning your new material.

Elliott
Vanitas
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of Vanitas
Is it possible, or it will be to pay for instant download of 'Requires Only You'? I mean to buy it without pay for shipping.
Roy
View Profile
Elite user
Israel
486 Posts

Profile of Roy
Vanitas, the DVD does not have an instant download version.
However, shipping and handling is only 5$.
Vanitas
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of Vanitas
Thank you for answer Roy, I sent you PM (my english is not very good, but I do my best).
rockbrunnen
View Profile
Elite user
431 Posts

Profile of rockbrunnen
I ordered the dvd 2 weeks ago. Still waiting.
David Thiel
View Profile
Inner circle
Western Canada...where all that oil is
4005 Posts

Profile of David Thiel
I have to say that of all the lectures at MindVention I took the most away from Roy Zaltsman's. There's a hard-nosed practical nature to the things he teaches. We're not talking pie in the sky theory...we're talking about the kind of stuff that gets used in performances.

And, while I cringed at the notion of joining the rush to the dealer table following a lecture, there was stuff there I really felt suited my performance style: well thought out routines and techniques that won't take months to master. Roy is also very big on nuance and the subtlties he teaches on this short DVD are invaluable.

Here's what you'll walk away with:

1) A very good and serviceable Center T*ar.
2) A seamless billet swit*h.
3) A revision of the PATEO force that works very well
4) An adaptation of AN that takes care of any awkward feelings you have when it's time to get your p**k

That's it. There are some routines where these techniques are used, although they are primarily vehicles for the demo.

Roy is a very personable teacher. Don't expect flashy production values on this DVD...but DO expect crystal clear instructions on technique and how to get the job done. Personally I prefer a straightforward style and Roy's over the shoulder demos are simply perfect.

If you don't have any of the four techniques listed above...even ONE of them...I urge you to get this DVD. You'll have them mastered in almost no time, given that you pay attention to what Roy has to say. They are all four foundational to a solid mentalism presentation. The stuff Roy teaches here is outstanding -- particularly if you're just getting turned onto mentalism.

I do variations of all of these -- and I still feel I got excellent value out of watching it.

And I admit that the notion of doing a huge portion of my show using only little slips of paper, a pencil...a couple of extra somethings the audience will never notice...is very attractive to me.

Great job, Roy. Thank you for this.

David
Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except bears. Bears will kill you.

My books are here: www.magicpendulums.com
www.MidnightMagicAndMentalism.com
Roy
View Profile
Elite user
Israel
486 Posts

Profile of Roy
Thank you for your review David.
Just like before, I've put only working material on this DVD.
I hate to buy impractical material, so I always strive to give high value in my products.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
I ordered a copy as soon as I saw the thread, I really enjoyed the previous release you put out...
I've asked to be banned
Roy
View Profile
Elite user
Israel
486 Posts

Profile of Roy
Iain, I sent it this morning.
dmoses
View Profile
Inner circle
2261 Posts

Profile of dmoses
I ordered a copy as soon as I saw Iain ordered one.

d
"You're a comedian. You wanna do mankind a service, tell funnier jokes."
TPR by Dave Moses and Iain Dunford
T-shirts for Magicians and Mentalists
Roy
View Profile
Elite user
Israel
486 Posts

Profile of Roy
Cool. It's on my desk right now with Iain's, ready to be shipped to you tomorrow morning.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
You're sending me two copies?! how kind!
I've asked to be banned
Roy
View Profile
Elite user
Israel
486 Posts

Profile of Roy
Sorry, I mixed you with soneone else...
Roy
View Profile
Elite user
Israel
486 Posts

Profile of Roy
If you received your new Requires Only You DVD, feel free to post your feedback here. Thanks.
rockbrunnen
View Profile
Elite user
431 Posts

Profile of rockbrunnen
Still waiting for mine to arrive... I will post my review when I get it.

Rock
Roy
View Profile
Elite user
Israel
486 Posts

Profile of Roy
I can't wait until you recieve your DVD and tell me what you think.
By the way, Ross Johnson just wrote me on Facebook That he liked The Roy DVD (my first DVD)and got much out of it.
Exciting Stuff!
Angel1998
View Profile
Regular user
Ho Chi Minh City,Vietnam
184 Posts

Profile of Angel1998
I hope I will receive this DVD too hehe ! I think this DVD is wonderful like Roy DVD Smile !
shanester
View Profile
Loyal user
Darlington, England
267 Posts

Profile of shanester
This is the first time I feel I've been really duped by the hype.
This is beginners billet stuff.
It might be practical and what Roy uses but it is derivative.

The RZ tear is Barrie Richardson's business card tear
The RZ modified switch is the Annemann switch with the Osterlind placement, but essentially the Annemann switch
Acidus Alkinus is Acidus Novus (no variation)
PAT TW force is a minor modification of the PATEO force which has some merit

Routines are the same as everyone uses- first kiss, think of a number (2 or 3 digit), force a personal object.

It's nice to see what people are using, but when you pay this amount of money, you'd expect it to be something a bit new or original.

I'm not trying to get at Roy and I'm sorry if this comes across as a dig- it's not. I am trying to ensure that some of the above hype is balanced out and wouldn't like anyone else to make the same mistake I made

Do get this if you are new to billet work (although for newbies Switchcraft has all of this info in and more).

Shane
Angel1998
View Profile
Regular user
Ho Chi Minh City,Vietnam
184 Posts

Profile of Angel1998
@shanester: do you have his DVD or not ?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Requires Only You DVD (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL