The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Last minute short routine (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

maxnew40
View Profile
Elite user
402 Posts

Profile of maxnew40
I was checking my email junk folder on Friday afternoon and noticed an email that I had missed asking me if I could perform something at a medieval feast the next night. They usually have several performers lined up to perform between courses of the feast. I didn't really have anything ready so I had to think fast. I have a MAK Teapot that I have wanted to use so I got to brainstorming and here is what I came up with to perform.

I told a story about trying to find the gold at the end of the rainbow. However as anyone who has chased a rainbow before can tell you, they are illusive things. I found that if the rainbow thinks you can see it, it will magically transport itself to another location whenever you get close. So to get close to the rainbow I had to wear a blindfold. I place the metal blindfold over my eyes and turn my back to the audience. My assistant then gives a colorful silk to an audience member and has them select another person in the audience to hold the silk over their head to play the rainbow. I then slowly with a few near missteps find the rainbow. I then tell them that even though I found the rainbow the leprechaun was too quick and ran off with the gold, but I surprised him and he dropped his teapot. I then tell them about the magic teapot from the end of the rainbow and pour different colored liquid from the teapot and then pull many colored silks from the teapot.

-Max
Mike Maturen
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan's Beautiful Sunrise Side
2726 Posts

Profile of Mike Maturen
Clever storyline for an old routine. Love it!

Now...check your spam box more regularly! Smile
Mike Maturen
World of Wonder Entertainment
The Magic and Mayhem of Mike Maturen
989-335-1661
mikematuren@gmail.com

AUTHOR OF "A NEW DAWN--Weekly Wisdom From Everyday Life"

member: International Magician's Society
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Last minute short routine (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL