The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Alchemy Moon's Cuss Cards and Death In The Family (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
OnTiltSoon
View Profile
Special user
Barcelona
544 Posts

Profile of OnTiltSoon
I had been some time willing to get my hands on some of Alchemy Moon's effects. So when the new Alchemy Moon site was up I ordered Cuss Cards and Death In The Family as I had heard (read) a lot of good things about these effects.

I must say I was quite amazed by both effects. I'm glad no elite versions are left, if they were I would be cursed to get them.

Many posts have been written about both effects and I think I have read them all but even though I was very surprised.

The 'tricks' can be done by anyone not one dificult move, so it's really all presentation.

Curs Cards: It can be used to perform a quick routine about fate and gambling or a complete lecture about medieval beliefs. The cards are awesome and if you want to build you own old looking set you can find a tutorial at Alchemy Moon's wiki.

Death In The Family: This was my biggest surprise, I knew I was going to like Cuss Cards, but I really didn't know what to expect with Death In The Family. The back story is very nice, the method is as simple as it can get, and the overall effect is very creepy. You are recreating a seance using photomorphic plates where one of the participants will be the medium.

This two will effects get under the participant's skin. And I say participants and not sitter because they really participate in both effects.

I'll be going back to Alchemy Moon for sure Smile
- Joaquín Gasa Thomas
Christopher Gould
View Profile
Inner circle
in special pants.
1029 Posts

Profile of Christopher Gould
Ha, thank you Joaquin.
It is great to get a review after I have stopped selling an item!
I have actually taken both Cuss Cards and Death in the Family off the market. This is why they are not on the website.
What, no more Cuss Cards?
No more Death in the Family?
Well, there is a good reason.
If you want to know......

Anyway, Joaquin, I think that you actually get the penultimate last edition of both CC and DITF.
So it is extra important to me that you like them.
The Moon is now to be found in the constellation of Gemini:
https://www.geminiartifacts.com
Michael_MacDonald
View Profile
1964 - 2016
Washington
2034 Posts

Profile of Michael_MacDonald
Ack no more death in the family? nooooooooooo...grrr I was going to buy this after thanksgiving!
yet another great prop gone from my grasp.
OnTiltSoon
View Profile
Special user
Barcelona
544 Posts

Profile of OnTiltSoon
Quote:
On 2012-11-20 10:28, Michael_MacDonald wrote:
Ack no more death in the family? nooooooooooo...grrr I was going to buy this after thanksgiving!
yet another great prop gone from my grasp.

I was very lucky I have to admit
- Joaquín Gasa Thomas
Don H
View Profile
New user
The Netherlands
60 Posts

Profile of Don H
Michael you have to find one!
Don H
View Profile
New user
The Netherlands
60 Posts

Profile of Don H
@Joaquin, have you managed to make your falling photo frame yet?
OnTiltSoon
View Profile
Special user
Barcelona
544 Posts

Profile of OnTiltSoon
Not yet Don H, haven't had time to start thinking about it yet...

I already started to think about making an aged version of both products...
- Joaquín Gasa Thomas
Don H
View Profile
New user
The Netherlands
60 Posts

Profile of Don H
I noticed you had bought the timed falling desk frame, magi-tronics book.
This will be perfect for DITF.
I bought it also but I have not found the components yet.
espkeith
View Profile
Veteran user
CT, USA
354 Posts

Profile of espkeith
Love both of these. I really freaked someone out with DITF (non-elite version), and now she thinks she's a medium. Smile

Going to have to look into the whole falling picture frame thing.
OnTiltSoon
View Profile
Special user
Barcelona
544 Posts

Profile of OnTiltSoon
Quote:
On 2012-11-20 11:12, Don H wrote:
I noticed you had bought the timed falling desk frame, magi-tronics book.
This will be perfect for DITF.
I bought it also but I have not found the components yet.

I bought it but I haven't done anything with it yet..
- Joaquín Gasa Thomas
Don H
View Profile
New user
The Netherlands
60 Posts

Profile of Don H
Right now I have a piece of string. Ring the spiritbel as misdirection and make the frame colapse by pulling the IT.
Michael_MacDonald
View Profile
1964 - 2016
Washington
2034 Posts

Profile of Michael_MacDonald
Oh man you guys are killing me with this lol
afinemesh
View Profile
Inner circle
Senseless gibberish that amounts to
2622 Posts

Profile of afinemesh
Quote:
On 2012-11-20 11:17, Don H wrote:
Right now I have a piece of string. Ring the spiritbel as misdirection and make the frame colapse by pulling the IT.

Seems kinda overkill. . .two spirit occurrences one after the other? Maybe a bit "tricky"?
"I've always been mental, I'm sure of it" Boris Pocus Smile

"Someday we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny". . .Bruce Springsteen
Don H
View Profile
New user
The Netherlands
60 Posts

Profile of Don H
Spirit overkill...like that.
It's ding-dong clash.
One spirit, rings the bel and smashes the frame.
afinemesh
View Profile
Inner circle
Senseless gibberish that amounts to
2622 Posts

Profile of afinemesh
Hmmm. . .simultaneous occurrences. . .why not?

Interesting idea, I like it!
"I've always been mental, I'm sure of it" Boris Pocus Smile

"Someday we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny". . .Bruce Springsteen
David Eichler
View Profile
Grammar Host
Durham, ME
1763 Posts

Profile of David Eichler
Quote:
On 2012-11-20 12:26, Don H wrote:
Spirit overkill...like that.
It's ding-dong clash.
One spirit, rings the bel and smashes the frame.

No more ding dongs. Twinkies, as well.
Christopher Gould
View Profile
Inner circle
in special pants.
1029 Posts

Profile of Christopher Gould
Well, the carrot I am dangling here is that there are interesting reasons for why Cuss Cards and Death in the family are no longer on sale.. I have made a promise to my therapist that I would no longer be making Elite versions of either of these. So, if you have an elite set you have something very rare indeed. At the same time, I have taken both of the Cus Cards lite and DITF lite off the market too.
The reason being that the elite sets, which were aimed at the professional performer and collector were just getting too complex to make. At the other end, the lite versions could only be performed as reproductions of the original. Incidentally, many have realised that this can actually be just as powerful if you have the performing chops.
But I feel that there is a gap between the two; an item that is still a good prop for the performer and still a collectors piece, but one that is not quite as involved as the Elite range.
Those of you who want to know more will know where to go to get the information.
However, I want to open this up to the community to see if you have any suggestions or things that you would like to see in the pro range. For example, there has been plenty of talk here regarding additional props for DITF, programs, posters and even saucy postcards (my good wife has finally relented, so even this may be a possibility).
So a good opportunity for you to influence what goes into these two items.
Incidentally, many of you have both the Cuss Cards and DITF (and if not... Whatdahellswrongwidja?) so I do not feel that there will be a great demand for these. So they are instant collectables ;-). However, these have become my signature pieces (well until the Hedge Tarote and Kadar start to get into the collective bloodstream), so I did not want to leave things with the lite versions, so more of an artistic decision than a sensible commercial one.
Send me your wish list....

Also on the horizon and related to this...

Get prepared for Cuss Cards Armageddon!
And
Perhaps you will all be interested in the rather strange tale of Tilly's father?

....interesting times.
The Moon is now to be found in the constellation of Gemini:
https://www.geminiartifacts.com
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10599 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
AHA I knew those vintage erotica ideas would hit and grow like fungus!!!!!
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Allan Kardek
View Profile
Regular user
Toronto
195 Posts

Profile of Allan Kardek
I have just received my DITF lite today. Now I know they are no where comparable to the Elite set in regards to the "props" but still the artwork is fantastic. The instructions are of high quality as well. Its a nicely professionally printed manual and not just some stapled inkjet printouts that you might get with some effects.

Again, method is really simple, but the presentation makes it really creepy just as Joaquin said. I'm really impressed.

I think from now on if Chris decides to release anything new in the Elite range, he needs to give me a 3-month notice so I can start saving Smile

I'm a convert for sure.

Cheers,
Allan
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10599 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Seems we have a Toronto trinity of maniacs here Allan.... I believe Necroloid is also one of us
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Alchemy Moon's Cuss Cards and Death In The Family (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL