The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Let there be magic! » » Is this effect published yet? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicurty
View Profile
New user
Norway
24 Posts

Profile of magicurty
Hi everybody,

I am working researching the works of a magician that unfortunately is not with us anymore. He had a ingenious mind and some truly diabolical gimmick creations.

I have an effect which I want to add to his biography and I am in doubt if it has been published before. I have tried to find similar effects in the internet and nothing is like this one. I explain it:

"A deck of cards is taken from the box and one card is chosen. This card is SIGNED. The card is placed into the box with the deck and one razor blade. The box is shaken. The deck is taken from the box again but when spreaded the selected card isn't there anymore. The box is open and its contents are thrown onto the table: the razor blade and one card in pieces. This card is mounted by the spectator itself, like solving a puzzle game. This card in pieces is the same SIGNED card! All pieces matches perfectly."

I have seen another card effect with a razor blade, I believe published by M.Ammar, but all the cards are cutted, with exception of the selected one. In this case is the opposite effect, and the card is SIGNED.

Please let me know if somebody here have heard of this effect. It's important for me as I want to finish a book with his works.

Best regards,
Magicurty
Egelo Magic Studio - Norway
Guilherme Curty

Egelo Magic of Norway / Studio Curty
School: www.trylleskolen.no
Shop: www.egelo.no
Shows: www.curty.no
magicman491
View Profile
Veteran user
326 Posts

Profile of magicman491
Sounds good
SIX
View Profile
Inner circle
New York City
1772 Posts

Profile of SIX
Ive seen something like this before...Just cant remember where..If I think of it, I will let you know.
jugglestruck
View Profile
Inner circle
Wales
1038 Posts

Profile of jugglestruck
I am pretty sure this is on the James Prince Menu of Miracles DVD, vol 2.
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2734 Posts

Profile of RS1963
I haven't seen it done in the way you describe so you may have a new version. As for the original it had been marketed by the late Richard Himber. Scotty York later devised his version which was published in Jon Racherbaumer's Kabbala Magazine. Scotty later had a version where no deck switch was needed. John Bannon also has a handling for this very effect in his book Smoke and Mirrors.
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8812 Posts

Profile of harris
I to remember the Himber effect.
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
magicurty
View Profile
New user
Norway
24 Posts

Profile of magicurty
Thanks for the replies. I have been in contact with several magicians and this is actually a new version.

I decided to publish this effect before the book, as I have done some changes in the gimmicks and routine. It's coming soon to be distributed in US by a great man. I am sending the first batch tomorrow from Norway, so you will hear soon about this which is a tribute to a magician I admire my whole life. Unfortunately he passed away around 15 years ago. I am still working on his biography but I am afraid a book with all his works and life will take some more good time to be finished.

Thanks for all the info here, it was great! And I have talked with others and researched on this effect, and put all the credits to all the previous versions I could find on the dvd.

This is an opposite effect from the Razor Card Stab. In all the previous versions, the whole deck were in pieces and only the selected card whole at the end, as in this one, the only card in pieces is the selected and signed card. The deck is intact at the end and can be examined.

I come with more info here as the prop and book are available if you guys want me to.
Guilherme Curty

magicurty
View Profile
New user
Norway
24 Posts

Profile of magicurty
Quote:
On 2013-01-28 17:27, jugglestruck wrote:
I am pretty sure this is on the James Prince Menu of Miracles DVD, vol 2.

Can't find any effect with razor blades in any of this dvd's from James Prince...
Guilherme Curty

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Let there be magic! » » Is this effect published yet? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL