The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Favorite Trick That Michael Ammar Teaches (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Mike Walton
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
984 Posts

Profile of Mike Walton
Card on the ceiling and CMHs.
bigchuck
View Profile
Veteran user
Nothing clever has ever been said in my
400 Posts

Profile of bigchuck
Right now, I am on a Cups and Balls kick, so its would have to be those two videos, … really well made and full of great information (and if you don't at least break a smile when you are watching the Vernon footage, there HAS to be something wrong with you.) Before I got that, I would have said anything from his card series. Smile
"The computer can't tell you the emotional story. It can give you the exact
mathematical design, but what's missing is the eyebrows. - Frank Zappa"
Curmudgeon
View Profile
Loyal user
Iowa
245 Posts

Profile of Curmudgeon
I only own vol. 2 of his ETMCM and so far I like Twisting the Aces the best. I hope to get the rest of the ETMCM series soon.
Wade
Bong780
View Profile
Regular user
Toronto, Canada
172 Posts

Profile of Bong780
I like Ammar's videos not only for just the tricks, but he also gives lots of advice and insights on magic and how to handle spectators.

I only have 2 of his ETMCM and his “Introduction to Coin Magic” video. The trick that I like is Virginia City Shuffle and Gemini Twins.
Emily Belleranti
View Profile
Veteran user
Tucson, Arizona
349 Posts

Profile of Emily Belleranti
I'd have to say the cups and balls. He does a wonderful job of teaching with this subject, and his own routine is great.
"If you achieve success, you will get applause, and if you get applause, you will hear it. My advice to you concerning applause is this: Enjoy it, but never quite believe it."

-Robert Montgomery
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
I was quite taken by his performance of the bit where the card case appears around the deck. The mechanics were not so amazing... but the way he sold the magic of the happening.

That is something it really helps to notice. How something can happen and appear magical. It's been just over twenty years and I'm still impressed. Thanks Mike!
...to all the coins I've dropped here
adrianbent
View Profile
Loyal user
210 Posts

Profile of adrianbent
Right now I've decided to learn the 3 effect routine starting with Dai Vernon's Twisting the Aces. I was keen to employ a particular sleight I had learned in an effect that didn't use gaffed cards, and I found that in twisting the Aces. Then Dr Daley's trick gets great reactions, as it is short, direct and pretty powerful. Then the stunner is Card Warp. The level of deception is great on that one. I'm pretty enamored with this routine right now.
ollason
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of ollason
Cups and Balls - excellent DVD set!
Axio
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of Axio
My favorites: “Card on the Ceiling” and “Gemini Twins” and “Red Hot Mama.”
Axio
andre combrinck
View Profile
Special user
South Africa
953 Posts

Profile of andre combrinck
In the coin video,Shadow Coins.In the ETMCM:Red Hot Mama,8 Card Brainwave,Cannibal Cards,Between the Palms.I know I have left out lots of great tricks from the ETMCM series,but these are the ones I do most.As for his book:His coins across,CMH,Ring Band It,Bluefield Debut and his amazing Cups and Balls
Andre
ajcombri@telkomsa.net
Mr. Muggle
View Profile
Special user
999 Posts

Profile of Mr. Muggle
Either the 51 cent miracle or the bottle production. I like the story line of the 51 cent miracle, and the bottle production is fast and snappy.

MM
"Now you're looking for the secret... but you won't find it because you're not really looking. You don't really want to know the secret... You want to be fooled." - The Prestige (2006)
paddy_trick
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of paddy_trick
I love micheal Ammars cups and balls routine its a classic and it makes me laugh every time
paddy Smile
Eirik
View Profile
Special user
Oslo
879 Posts

Profile of Eirik
Or the trick called Bouncing Dinner Roll, from Ammars Ice Breakers.
It`s probably one of the easiest tricks in the world, but it looks so real when he does it..

Guess l`ll go for his Floating Dollar Bill, looks like real magic every time...
...As long as i`m not a world-champion at anything, the great reactions of doin` magic will do just fine.....
Ricardo_magician
View Profile
Regular user
101 Posts

Profile of Ricardo_magician
Hi
the one I like that he teaches is the crazy mans handcuffs that is because he taught me in person.

Ricardo the Magician
ClouDsss
View Profile
Inner circle
1799 Posts

Profile of ClouDsss
Wow this thread was dated 2 yrs untouched till today Smile
Think outside the box, cos people are all thinking inside now!! - ClouDsss
Eirik
View Profile
Special user
Oslo
879 Posts

Profile of Eirik
Nice retro search Ricardo!
Since the thread is back on the menu I'd like to add Ammars Topit routines, there are some serious practice behind those moves...

-e-
...As long as i`m not a world-champion at anything, the great reactions of doin` magic will do just fine.....
The Magician
View Profile
Loyal user
Liverpool
267 Posts

Profile of The Magician
I like Michael Ammars cups and balls routine
The Magician

Expect the Unexpected
Shawn74
View Profile
Loyal user
New Mexico
211 Posts

Profile of Shawn74
Ammar's Easu To Master Card Miracles was the first real "trick" tape that I ever bought, and I still use what I've learned from it when I get together with friends or relatives. I love Red Hot Mama, Las Vegas Leaper and Cannible Cards.

I also have The Magic Of Michael Ammar, and though I've skimmed through it many times, I haven't had the time to really dedicate to it as far as learning something new, though I do enjoy his presentation of CMH.
Hold your breath...make a wish...count to 3... and you'll be in a world of pure imagination
Willy Wonka
HGM
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of HGM
I do not have much experience with Ammar but for me it has to be cups and balls.
Mrbimble
View Profile
New user
Tucson, AZ
56 Posts

Profile of Mrbimble
I just saw him lecture in Tucson. He is awsome. His cups and balls routine live is way smooth. Rss hot mama is always a killer as well as his version of McDonald's aces.
Jerry M.
Mundas vult decipi ~The world wants to be deceived

Multum in parvo ~Much in little(packs small/plays big)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Favorite Trick That Michael Ammar Teaches (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL