The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Floating Pearl- from Magic Max (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jkta99
View Profile
Regular user
New Orleans
109 Posts

Profile of Jkta99
Has anyone ever used this I was thinking about getting it? It is like the Zombie but it can do more and at the end it vanishes. What has been our experience with it?

Thanks

James
-The Scot-
View Profile
Special user
726 Posts

Profile of -The Scot-
I haven't seen the product, but I presume it is a Zombie but instead of a silver ball - it's a pearl.

You can vanish the standard Zombie at the end of the routine, and reproduce it. There are a few methods explained on 'Magic on Stage' volume 3 by Jeff McBride.

Good luck.
Jkta99
View Profile
Regular user
New Orleans
109 Posts

Profile of Jkta99
Thanks for your help.
-The Scot-
View Profile
Special user
726 Posts

Profile of -The Scot-
No problem, if you give me a link I could look. Have you looked into the vanishing move with a Zombie?
Jkta99
View Profile
Regular user
New Orleans
109 Posts

Profile of Jkta99
Well I don't have a Zombie I have been debating on the two for some time now. So I don't even know how either are done. This is where it is located:

http://magicmax.com/item.php3?id=1494

Thanks
James
-The Scot-
View Profile
Special user
726 Posts

Profile of -The Scot-
Quote:
The Zombie Floating Ball effect of the NEW MILLENIUM!

It is a Zombie. Although unless you see a particular theme for a pearl, I prefer the shiny silver model. Just a personal opinion, oh and by the way 3.5" is quite small. There are Zombies which come around 4.5", which look better from the stage.
Ron Reid
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
2731 Posts

Profile of Ron Reid
Hi James:

I took a look at the ad from Magicmax. For the price, I recommend you buy a regular Zombie from a reputable dealer, and get a nice cloth. I'll bet you can get both for the same price as this one from Magicmax.

I have heard many negative things about Magicmax. I recommend you stay away from him/them and deal with reputable dealers only. This item looks very cheap and overpriced to me - I've been doing magic for about 30 years and have been taken many times, mostly in my younger days, so I think I have an eye for cheap, poorly made stuff.

Hope this helps you.

Ron
-The Scot-
View Profile
Special user
726 Posts

Profile of -The Scot-
I agree with Ron, the item does look cheap! Get a decent Zombie from Morrissey Magic, and chose a size you think you will make most use of.
Namzyr
View Profile
New user
Northern New Jersey
53 Posts

Profile of Namzyr
I would agree with those who feel that better prices for higher quality stuff is avialable than MagicMax offers.

I actually did do business with them for a while, as I was making my re-intro to magic after a long time.

My bet is you'll find that there is no lack of quality magic dealers in the New Orleans area!

Have fun checking them out!
Jkta99
View Profile
Regular user
New Orleans
109 Posts

Profile of Jkta99
There is only one magic shop in New Orleans that I am aware of and they are very overpriced. How much should I expect to spend on the Zombie and what is a good web site to get it from. How is Penguin magic?

Thanks

James
Namzyr
View Profile
New user
Northern New Jersey
53 Posts

Profile of Namzyr
I've been using Penguin almost exclusively for years now. Their prices are generally very good, and they've got a price guarantee if you find better.

Unfortunately, lately I've experienced problems with order fulfillment. Some orders have been partially filled, and some not at all.

While they've always made good, I still haven't been able to get any explanations from them to explain the change in the great service they used to provide.

I've also been checking into Hocus Pocus, and they were able to fill an order Penguin wasn't, and in short order too! They sometimes beat Penguin's prices as well. I get the sense they're a new and growing company, so they may be a bit hungrier.

I wouldn't be surprised if you get a whole load of suggestions from people with their own favorites real soon.

I'll be watching! Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Floating Pearl- from Magic Max (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL