The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » FOB by World Magic Shop (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3..12~13~14 [Next]
mysticalsales
View Profile
Veteran user
340 Posts

Profile of mysticalsales
Looks great, nice possibilities

http://youtu.be/Yg23UIydGxI
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
That looks REALLY good. Typical David Penn brilliant performance.

This is something I would use. PLEASE let Penguin carry it!

Pic:

RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4685 Posts

Profile of RNK
Looks good. But here we go again, to many edits in the demo to be sure this is just not your typical switch of the card. Will have to wait for reviews for this. Just don't understand why they won't put out a full demo video.

RNK
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
I thought the demo showed about as much as you could. I mean, we kind of know what it is. The card is inside the clear container and...you switch it. The beauty of it is the card is in full view ( something Tommy Wonder didn't like about card to wallet ).

If you watch the switch, you can figure out the gimmick
mike donoghue
View Profile
Inner circle
1106 Posts

Profile of mike donoghue
It looks good and practical.

Reminds me of a slimmer version of Cameron Francis "Freshmint"(which is also excellent).I hate this term which seems to be used all the time in magic but " it's very organic"

Looking forward to Michael getting this in at Magicbox. I have worked out the method, but I think it's very practical and will be very popular.

Mike Donoghue
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
1320 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Everyone knows that Dave is one of my best friends but I have to say this is great.

I have been lucky enough to have one for a while now and its now a permanent addition to my Keymaster keyring.

One of the best things is how much you can do with this prop. I have 4 different routines I can go into with just a deck of cards and the Fob gimmick.

Trust me, this is going to be one of the MUST HAVE items of 2012/2013.

Craig
Alex DLF
View Profile
Inner circle
1720 Posts

Profile of Alex DLF
Wow.. This take no pocket space and play really huge ! I have to get my hand on it :O
Get yourself the Flap Cards guide : http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/4435

Make sure to check my review website, new reviews coming every week ! http://lesavisdalexis.wix.com/reviews
Nojrraf
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of Nojrraf
Hi Guys,

We are very proud of our new release – FOB and World Magic Shop currently has Free Worldwide Shipping on all Pre Orders!

http://www.worldmagicshop.com/FOB_by_Dav......bdvd.htm

INFO:

FOB is the perfect finale to your existing card and mentalism routines.

EFFECT: A folded card is isolated inside a clear key FOB that never leaves the spectator’s sight. At the conclusion of your favourite card routine, the card is cleanly removed from the FOB and it turns out to be their signed selection.

“That is just BEAUTIFUL!” Shawn Farquhar - A FISM World Champion

FOB can also be used with bills, billets, photographs, in fact any item that can fit inside the FOB.

FOB may look innocent, but in fact, this is a precision made gimmick that allows you to ISOLATE THE IMPOSSIBLE.

That is ****ING AMAZING! I will keep this on me 24/7
Joe Monte

“FOB is the perfect open prediction effect. Now you have the ‘key’ to travel back to the future with your spectators.”
Mickael Chatelain

All the best, Jon
Alex DLF
View Profile
Inner circle
1720 Posts

Profile of Alex DLF
Can you put like a picture inside ? Because, imagine having a picture of someone you love or something like that inside the FOB. Then, go for a card routine or something like they choose a number, a pattern, anything. When you pull the picture out of the FOB, the card, pattern, number they choose is written at the back of it ! Just an idea.
Get yourself the Flap Cards guide : http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/4435

Make sure to check my review website, new reviews coming every week ! http://lesavisdalexis.wix.com/reviews
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
2330 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
I like it, very cool.
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Quote:
On 2012-11-23 13:39, Craig Petty wrote:

Trust me, this is going to be one of the MUST HAVE items of 2012/2013.

Based on that demo, I think you are right. I've used the Mystery Box and people freak out. To have the card in plain view will have similar reactions!
jugglestruck
View Profile
Inner circle
Wales
1038 Posts

Profile of jugglestruck
This is a great looking effect but it would take quite a lot to make me change from Paperclipped. Is there any real advantage to this effect?
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Bràth
3642 Posts

Profile of Jamie Ferguson
Yes, a paperclip is simpler and more organic (and 1000th of the price). This looks a bit proppy to me.
When the chips are down, the duvet is uncomfortable.
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Quote:
On 2012-11-23 14:32, jugglestruck wrote:
This is a great looking effect but it would take quite a lot to make me change from Paperclipped. Is there any real advantage to this effect?

Paperclipped is INCREDIBLE. I think the reactions would be similar.

But, I'm still open to giving this one a go.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6927 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Does look kinda similar to Frsh Mint but on a key ring. Looks really nice, though!
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Quote:
On 2012-11-23 16:42, Cameron Francis wrote:
Does look kinda similar to Frsh Mint but on a key ring. Looks really nice, though!

I would say it works similar as your Fresh Mint does. I do it with Tic Tacs as you caught and it looks like a similar switch.
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Bràth
3642 Posts

Profile of Jamie Ferguson
The removal of the outer case on FOB looks totally unnatural. Dai Vernon talked about being natural, this advice has been ignored.

Dave removes the outer casing by bringing his hand up in front of the case in a vertical position and obscures the whole case before removal. The more natural way to do it would be for the hand to approach the case horizontally and pull it off that way. Also, you wouldn't normally need to obscure the entire case in doing so. The spectator might not know what you did but they'll know you did something because of the unnatural action, thereby weakening the effect.

Compare this to Cameron's Fresh Mint where the removal of the contents of a tic tac box looks entirely natural and the lid stays in view throughout.

Cameron wins this one. By miles.
When the chips are down, the duvet is uncomfortable.
doriancaudal
View Profile
Inner circle
1533 Posts

Profile of doriancaudal
When you remove the outer casing with the right hand, can you show this hand empty afterwards (apart from the outer casing of course)? If yes, then there is no suspicion of any switch in the spectator's mind...
Hands-off ACAAN - freely chosen card and number : http://doriancaudal.wix.com/miracaan
Mark Southworth
View Profile
Veteran user
u.k
353 Posts

Profile of Mark Southworth
Looks great Smile

I'm a card to impossible location junkie.

Really like the fact its on a set of keys rather than a box or a tin.
M Sini
View Profile
Inner circle
1361 Posts

Profile of M Sini
Quote:
On 2012-11-24 07:19, doriancaudal wrote:
When you remove the outer casing with the right hand, can you show this hand empty afterwards (apart from the outer casing of course)? If yes, then there is no suspicion of any switch in the spectator's mind...

David did flash his hand showing it empty (aside) from the case, near the end of the video. However, I have no clue if that's possible or if it was edited.

I could see attaching this to my Ring Flight Revolution & having quite a bit of magic on my key chain.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » FOB by World Magic Shop (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3..12~13~14 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL