The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » FOB by World Magic Shop (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..12~13~14
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2348 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
Thanks itsmagic !!
greig ewen
View Profile
Elite user
473 Posts

Profile of greig ewen
On sale at WMS right now until the end of the day. £20 Smile
bigtyme
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of bigtyme
Dunno if this was already suggested, but it's a good idea to use a blank faced card in your FOB. That way if there's any view of the card in the gimmick no one will be able to discern the card's identity. Originally I placed some random card in the FOB, and I was informed by more than one spectator the card in the gimmick is a King. Because no matter how flat you make the card there will always be some part of it exposed. Other than that, it's the sickest revelation. I use it to end an effect by Gary Kurtz from his book Unexplainable Acts called Hypothetical Possibilities. Keep Calm and Sleight On!!!
MarcLavelle
View Profile
Loyal user
259 Posts

Profile of MarcLavelle
Quote:
On 2013-08-11 23:45, bigtyme wrote:
Dunno if this was already suggested, but it's a good idea to use a blank faced card in your FOB. That way if there's any view of the card in the gimmick no one will be able to discern the card's identity. Originally I placed some random card in the FOB, and I was informed by more than one spectator the card in the gimmick is a King. Because no matter how flat you make the card there will always be some part of it exposed. Other than that, it's the sickest revelation. I use it to end an effect by Gary Kurtz from his book Unexplainable Acts called Hypothetical Possibilities. Keep Calm and Sleight On!!!

Nice idea, although I personally just use some more double sided tape to keep it all flat!
corindaman
View Profile
Loyal user
236 Posts

Profile of corindaman
I know this is an old thread. If I wanted to change the card in the gimmick, is it OK to use some acetate to remove any sticky residue from inside the gimmick fob?

Regards
Scott Horn
View Profile
Veteran user
Dallas, TX
342 Posts

Profile of Scott Horn
NO. I tried this once and it resulted in a haziness to the plastic. I peel away as much tape as I can and just apply new tape with the new insert. Its not like the spectator "examine" the preswitched card. Its just a card or billet in a plastic case; they don't know whats going to happen. There's no real interest for them to inspect anything until the revelation.
TheBentos
View Profile
Loyal user
Grim North
235 Posts

Profile of TheBentos
I managed to clean mine up as good as new, after removing a card that had been stuck down for over a year.
Turps on an earbud worked wonders at removing the residue.
The Duster
View Profile
Inner circle
1623 Posts

Profile of The Duster
Is there a facebook group for this effect?

Long shot - but some of the items I've bought have one

Or is there a thread that I can talk and ask questions and not worry about revealing anything

Basically - I want to see if other people have the same [tiny] 'issue' I'm having

It could be handling [but not sure how to avoid this] - it could be that I'm new to magic

It isn't a major thing

I think this will be a great effect once I've put the practice in

Thanks for any help in pointing me towards a thread/facebook page
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1757 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
Quote:
On Sep 9, 2016, The Duster wrote:
Is there a facebook group for this effect?

Long shot - but some of the items I've bought have one

Or is there a thread that I can talk and ask questions and not worry about revealing anything

Basically - I want to see if other people have the same [tiny] 'issue' I'm having

It could be handling [but not sure how to avoid this] - it could be that I'm new to magic

It isn't a major thing

I think this will be a great effect once I've put the practice in

Thanks for any help in pointing me towards a thread/facebook page

No Facebook group any problems post in Secret Sessions someone will be able to help
MF Tom
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of MF Tom
Save 50% on FOB now and on other hundreds of awesome effects at: https://www.mystiquefactory.com/collecti......1?page=6

Best,
Tom
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » FOB by World Magic Shop (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..12~13~14
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL