The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Array by Baz Taylor (Alakazam) (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

*double-A-magic*
View Profile
Loyal user
Cheshire, England, UK
255 Posts

Profile of *double-A-magic*
What do people think of this? I really like the look of it, adds further phases to your triumph routine. Reasonably priced too!

http://www.alakazam.co.uk/product-Array-By-Baz-Taylor.html

Alakazam Magic Are Proud To Present

Array

By Baz Taylor

Array:- Verb. To Place In Proper Or Desired Order

Baz Taylors Array has taken John Bannon’s now classic "Play It Straight Triumph” Plot to new heights with his beautiful custom printed gaffs & incredible sleight free handling.

Effect

After shuffling a deck of cards two spectators are requested to select a card and leave them face down on the table sight unseen. You now explain you are going to find the value of the cards in a weird and very unusual way. Splitting the deck into 4 piles you turn two of the piles face up and leave two face-down. The piles are shuffled together face up into face down until you are left with a haphazard collection of face up and face down cards.

This is where the magic begins…. After making a magical pass over the cards, every card apart from one suit corrects itself into the face down position. Leaving the suit in perfect order (minus one card) the card that is missing from the face up suit is proved to be selection number 1. The deck is now squared and instantly re-spread to show a different suit is now face up and once again, it’s in perfect order with only one card missing. Could it be the second selection? Watch their jaws drop as they turn over their card and realise it’s the one missing from the spread!!

Baz’s Array is visual card magic at its best. It makes you look like a master of sleight of hand BUT the best bit is there is NONE! Not one little bit.

Array Comes with the custom printed cards (add to your own deck). These cards have been design by Baz Taylor and printed by the USPCC to ensure they are a perfect match to a standard red Bicycle deck. Array also includes a full instructional DVD starring Peter Nardi and Andy Smith. Routines explained on the DVD.

Baz’s Taylors original 2 card Array (A Lovely take on John Bannon’s Play It Straight)

Peter Nardi’s 3 card Array routine (Peter took Baz’s original idea and added a great 3rd phase)

Peter Nardi’s In the hands handling of Array (Ideal for when there is no table)

Andy Smith’s Out Of Order Triumph (An Eye-Popping Rearrangement Of The Cards)

Andy Smith’s Pack Transpo. (A visual Transposition between Two Packets Of Cards)
"For those who believe, no explanation is necessary. For those who do not, none will suffice."
<BR>
<BR>- Joseph Dunninger -
Robert M
View Profile
Inner circle
2570 Posts

Profile of Robert M
Hmm... you can practically do this whole routine with a normal pack of cards.

Vernon's "Triumph" and "Bannon's Triumph" a.k.a. "Play it Straight". That's what I've been doing for the past 10 or 15 years.

But, I must admit... that last reveal with all clubs threw me. It's a good third phase kicker - if you think it justifies using gaffed cards.

Personally, I think this is very good, but I'm not sure if it's worth the trade-off.

Robert
Silver Glove Magic
View Profile
Veteran user
Magic... coast to coast, here's to another...
334 Posts

Profile of Silver Glove Magic
Triumph was one of the first real card tricks I learned growing up. I'm always a fan of additions and revamps of Triumph. This looks pretty killer. Nardi is one of my heroes in magic.
Posting ever so slightly.
MagicMaddy
View Profile
Special user
516 Posts

Profile of MagicMaddy
I'm pretty sure I can find a way to do this impromptu! Great concept! I love it. I'm off to my workshop to see what my brain can make up Smile
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Quote:
On 2012-11-24 21:26, Robert M wrote:
Hmm... you can practically do this whole routine with a normal pack of cards.

Vernon's "Triumph" and "Bannon's Triumph" a.k.a. "Play it Straight". That's what I've been doing for the past 10 or 15 years.

But, I must admit... that last reveal with all clubs threw me. It's a good third phase kicker - if you think it justifies using gaffed cards.

Personally, I think this is very good, but I'm not sure if it's worth the trade-off.

Robert

Robert, you hit every point I had while watching.

I look at tricks like this and think "what if X Magician was doing an L&L shoot and did this". It would be a smash hit for the audience and I think Magicians watching. It would probably be a performance only spot because it's a marketed trick. But if they offered the trick separately, I think it would be a big seller.

Peter Nardi is a wonderful performer and I'm sure many watching will order Array. It said no table required, so that is a BIG plus for hobbyists like myself or table hoppers.

When it comes to Penguin, I'll be tempted to order. This would be one of those things I'd get just to see the workings. If it was practical for the casual performing I do, all the better.
Peter Nardi
View Profile
Inner circle
2221 Posts

Profile of Peter Nardi
The moment Baz showed me Array I fell in love with it. The version Baz showed me was the 2 selection version and its great. I added the Triumph first phase and have been having so much fun with it.

Peter
Peter Nardi
View Profile
Inner circle
2221 Posts

Profile of Peter Nardi
Hi Guys,

Just a heads up. Its looking like we should be able to start shipping Array next week!!

Best Regards

Peter
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8266 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Order in. Looking forward to this.
Peter Nardi
View Profile
Inner circle
2221 Posts

Profile of Peter Nardi
Even better news guys. Array ships tomorrow!!

Enjoy

Peter
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8266 Posts

Profile of pegasus
That is very good news indeed.
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
benmagic1
View Profile
Regular user
London
177 Posts

Profile of benmagic1
My order is in, this will be my to go trick at the card school this Christmas !

Ben
Sussex/Kent/Surrey Wedding Photographer and Magician. Ben's Photography
Surrey/Sussex/Kent Magician
fyi2
View Profile
Loyal user
291 Posts

Profile of fyi2
Any reviews on this?

Tony.
(Maybe some got it for Chribo!)
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8266 Posts

Profile of pegasus
I'm not really a 'sit down at a large table and watch me perform' type and although there is an 'in the hands' method presented by Peter I have come up with my own in the hands version. Basically I have added some extra gaff cards, not that it matters. I will shoot a clip as soon as I can.

In a nutshell 2 cards are chosen, half the deck turned face up and shuffled into one another and shown to be a complete random mess of shuffled face up / face down cards. Deck squared and then immediately shown that just the clubs are face up, in order, with one missing. It is spec 1's selection.

Deck re-squared, and now spread to show that just the diamonds are face up, in order, with one missing. It is spec 2's selection.

This hits very hard. There is no explanation as to why this happens. Amazement follows. I love this effect.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Array by Baz Taylor (Alakazam) (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL