The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » CARD SHARK- One Night (You Can't) Stand (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Xizzy
View Profile
Regular user
Italy!
166 Posts

Profile of Xizzy
I fish this old topic to add my recent experience.

I ordered this effect before Christmas and I planned to perform it every time I met someone.

Unfortunately I could not put this plan in pratice.

I received the card glued together. Or better, they were not glued, but assembled when the science friction was still fresh.

Also, the spry was not applied well.

The product was applied with abundance and started to peel off. So the card don't "stick" anymore but skip and slide making a mess. It's almost like handling a normal card.

I own science friction and I already experimented a bit, so I know what I'm talking about.

I'm unsatisfied because I have to clean the cards, all of them on both sides, and apply science friction again. A tedious task wich I already paid in full.

What's worse is that I wrote to Christian on 7 of january and waited for an explanation till now. I never received an answer.

So, forum, please consider my experience as a mini-review if a non-so-happy customer
Scott Fridinger
View Profile
Special user
Gloucester Pt, VA
893 Posts

Profile of Scott Fridinger
Sorry just don't see it, the girl doesn't really look ugly, and if you do it at a bar with drunk people they definitely won't get it. Every inch a lady has more impact.
www.JustGreatMagic.com
Sleight of Hand, Sleight of Mind
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
I thought the chosen girl was hot and being playful.
Tony Curtis
View Profile
Special user
Bangkok Thailand
840 Posts

Profile of Tony Curtis
Quote:
On 2012-11-29 22:13, Card-Shark wrote:
This effect waited for its birth since January 2011, several issues had to be solved first as I had a certain easy to do handling in mind. I always had my prototype with me and everybody I showed it immediately wanted it.

This is so cool and no heat on the chosen card. Nobod sees that coming.

This is a great update from my original Night Out With The Girls effect. All new photos and a different method.

Tony
Over 100 previous Magic Wagon effects along with descriptions,
images & videos can now be viewed on my website.

Click Here
Tony Curtis
View Profile
Special user
Bangkok Thailand
840 Posts

Profile of Tony Curtis
Quote:
On 2012-11-30 20:09, paperinick wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-11-30 00:34, Christopher Lyle wrote:
I remember this effect but with naked women and the kicker ending was a really large naked women (obese) that just appears from nowhere. I think you have made an obscene trick into something quite commercial. Nice job. My only issue is I still think the ugly girl is hot! Am I wrong? Smile

That was a trick named "every inch is a lady" Smile

Every Inch A Lady was also my effect.

Tony
Over 100 previous Magic Wagon effects along with descriptions,
images & videos can now be viewed on my website.

Click Here
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4246 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Quote:
On 2013-05-24 21:28, Scott Fridinger wrote:
Sorry just don't see it, the girl doesn't really look ugly, and if you do it at a bar with drunk people they definitely won't get it. Every inch a lady has more impact.

I didn't think the point was ugliness, but weirdness. To me she looked kind of bizarre, which was the point, I thought.

Fortunately, most performance venues are not populated by drunks Smile Not all, but most (depending on one's clientele).

Agreed - for drunks, you need something that has no hint of subtlety! Smile
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
Scott Fridinger
View Profile
Special user
Gloucester Pt, VA
893 Posts

When I watched the YouTube video I came directly here to figure out what I was missing. It appears I wasn't missing anything. I have a different photo was chosen one which looked a little more off.

I just would never do this type off routine outside a bar for a paid gig.

I duo like the continued use of the magic liquid in a can, some really great stuff.
www.JustGreatMagic.com
NabilT
View Profile
New user
Caracas, Venezuela
16 Posts

Profile of NabilT
Maybe it doesn't seems so weird on the demo because that lovely redhead has one finger over her mouth and the effect works stronger when both the eyes and mouth are turned, as seen in this article by Leif David
http://partshowpartbusiness.com/2013/01/......ownload/
Scott Fridinger
View Profile
Special user
Gloucester Pt, VA
893 Posts

NabilT,

If that is what the pictures look like than I would agree, the mouth seems to be key, and the finger over the mouth may be the issue with that specific picture in the demo.
www.JustGreatMagic.com
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Steve Fearson now has this available for sale on his website. I'm still on the fence about it.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Failed Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Still working on the DL even after made
2100 Posts

Profile of Failed Magician
Quote:
On 2013-01-24 12:05, Xizzy wrote:
I fish this old topic to add my recent experience.

I ordered this effect before Christmas and I planned to perform it every time I met someone.

Unfortunately I could not put this plan in pratice.

I received the card glued together. Or better, they were not glued, but assembled when the science friction was still fresh.

Also, the spry was not applied well.

The product was applied with abundance and started to peel off. So the card don't "stick" anymore but skip and slide making a mess. It's almost like handling a normal card.

I own science friction and I already experimented a bit, so I know what I'm talking about.

I'm unsatisfied because I have to clean the cards, all of them on both sides, and apply science friction again. A tedious task wich I already paid in full.

What's worse is that I wrote to Christian on 7 of january and waited for an explanation till now. I never received an answer.

So, forum, please consider my experience as a mini-review if a non-so-happy customer

How about this? Has it been resolved yet? Coz Chris hasn't said anything about this until now.

I'd like to put my order in, but if I end up with the same problem as him, it won't be good.

I'm trying to decide if I should get this or Genetics by Goodman.
Magic comes through perception. -HS
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » CARD SHARK- One Night (You Can't) Stand (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL