The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Ian Rowland's lecture notes (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

kamiruaga
View Profile
New user
The Basque Country (N. Spain)
69 Posts

Profile of kamiruaga
Hi!
First of all, I'd like to say hello to everybody here in the mentalism forum. Actually, this is my second post in the Café. Although I have been lurking around for some time it's only been a few days ago that I made up my mind and took the step to get registered.

As you can see in my profile I'm from The Basque Country, a place between N.Spain and S.France. Actually, I belong to the spanish area.

So, what's my background in magic?
Well, I'd say I'm not a newbie. I've been practising this art for over 15 years, most of which in the mentalism field and I've got quite a big library on the subject... and talking of a library...

In a different thread somebody talked about an interesting routine (a drawing duplication) in Ian's new lecture notes. It seemed to me as though there were a preview going around or at least many people were already aware of its contents. Am I wrong? Does anybody have any clue about when they'll be available? As I understand it, he's "going overboard" with them.
Best,
All those who believe in telekinesis,
raise my hand. (Kurt Vonnegut)"
ddyment
View Profile
Inner circle
Gibsons, BC, Canada
2501 Posts

Profile of ddyment
Ian has been selling his notes at worldwide lectures for the past several months. I believe it was his intention to begin offering them on his Website as soon as his current tour had completed. I see that said Website is temporarily down for repairs, so perhaps he is adding the new material as I write.

His drawing duplication method is unusual, and good, but limited to certain performance situations. The notes themselves (he has two sets, one for cards, one for mentalism) are definitely worthwhile... lots of good material therein.

... Doug
The Deceptionary :: Elegant, Literate, Contemporary Mentalism ... and More :: (order "Calculated Thoughts" from Vanishing Inc.)
kamiruaga
View Profile
New user
The Basque Country (N. Spain)
69 Posts

Profile of kamiruaga
So it must be due out soon, isn't it?
Thanks Doug for your input. By the way, I bought you your booklet MindSights and I must say that it's "small but powerful". The Magic Square for the Walk-Around entertainer is a powerful idea for strolling mentalism.
Best,
All those who believe in telekinesis,
raise my hand. (Kurt Vonnegut)"
paulduggan
View Profile
Regular user
131 Posts

Profile of paulduggan
The lecture note trailer recently disappeared from Ian's website and I emailed hime to ask about this. He said that he's working on a book at the moment and the book may end up incorporating the lecture notes from the recent tour so he's decided not to pubish them separately. He also said that he's got other priorities at the moment so it could be a while before anything appears.
If you join the mailing list at the website you'll receive notifications when there are new products available.
It was a good battle, and they nearly won.
GoranS
View Profile
Regular user
161 Posts

Profile of GoranS
I notice that his webpage is "undergoing some major repairs and a bit of a facelift."
http://www.ianrowland.com/ but will be back online 7/11-03
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Ian Rowland's lecture notes (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL