The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Learn the Sideshow Secrets.... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
The Curator of the Unusual
View Profile
Inner circle
Tampa FL
1399 Posts

Profile of The Curator of the Unusual
http://www.facebook.com/SeminarOfSideshowArts?ref=nf

Yours Truly The Curator of the Unusual will be speaking there also...

don'tcha Miss It!!!...
You come to a point in your life when you really don't care what people think about you, you just care what you think about yourself.
Evel Knievel

thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell because I've made
2589 Posts

Profile of thegreatnippulini
*yawn*
The Great Nippulini: body piercer, Guinness World Record holder, blacksmith and man with The World's Strongest Nipples! Does the WORLD care? We shall see...
http://www.greatnippulini.com
rossmacrae
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, Virginia
2439 Posts

Profile of rossmacrae
"Wall Hall" ??????
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2907 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
This is going to be great. I am going to register and attend. I KNOW I'll learn something from being there. Well worth the price.

Todd
Eric the Excellent
View Profile
Loyal user
Montana
234 Posts

Profile of Eric the Excellent
Ah, if only I were already in or headed to Florida...
Rotten
View Profile
Special user
833 Posts

Profile of Rotten
I'm excited about it! Great lineup of speakers and I can't wait to hear from the greatest in the business.

I always feel like a little boy when I'm around people I admire. The first morning of the Sideshow gathering I walked past James Taylor at breakfast and was so giddy I just walked past him smiling like a goon. Same way I walked past Todd the whole weekend.... I'm a dork. I clam up and don't know how to act. But, I'll be there to take notes and learn.
petekoloz
View Profile
Elite user
479 Posts

Profile of petekoloz
Is there a discount for cash...do they accept singles?
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5110 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
Who's working the bally?
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
2589 Posts

I'm sorry, but am I the only sane one here? $125 to go hear a bunch of old white guys regale how great the old days were, how much money they made, and how crappy todays performers are? I got to get that treatment for free years ago when I actually WORKED for WOW. Plus I can get that on a daily basis RIGHT HERE by simply posting my opinions about pretty much anything. I get it, you guys have forgotten more than I will ever know.... okay! You know what? I'm not sorry.... as a matter of fact, this looks like a modern day blow off.... except instead of a dime, you fork out $125. There are scams, and then there are scams. It's a modern day con, same premise, same money, just a wider base to pick from seeing how you now have access to global advertising and communications.
The Great Nippulini: body piercer, Guinness World Record holder, blacksmith and man with The World's Strongest Nipples! Does the WORLD care? We shall see...
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
2589 Posts

Quote:
On 2012-11-28 02:53, petekoloz wrote:
Is there a discount for cash...do they accept singles?

You have shingles?
View Profile
Inner circle
Tampa FL
1399 Posts

Nipps, your right, its a whole lot cheaper to go to The Gathering and Hear James Taylor tell the Old Guys stories as if he was there while watching today's Crappy Performers perform in person...and to think I was actually going to Lecture on Sideshow Internet etiquette...Oh well, I am going to attend, and I am sure I am going to learn from someone there how to make the BCS and myself a better Sideshow operator, and yes it may happen just by cutting up Jackpots with the attendees and or the actusl lecturers...either way 125 bones is Peanuts...for what is offered...
You come to a point in your life when you really don't care what people think about you, you just care what you think about yourself.
Evel Knievel

Rotten
View Profile
Special user
833 Posts

Profile of Rotten
There is always more to learn. The day I think I know it all I'll feel like I'm 14 again. It just dawned on me. My favorite people here are friends on Facebook. What am I doing here?
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2907 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
Yeah, Nipps, you are the only one.
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5110 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
And there ARE a lot of crappy performers.
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
2589 Posts

Yup, and yup. $125 is peanuts? Not when you have a mortgage, car payments, unemployed wife and a 2 year old child. Oh yeah, I can REAALLY see how paying that much for THIS event can be justified. Unless Rasmus Nielsen is there....

Look, I'm not poo-pooing this thing, I'm simply posting my opinion on it. If my posts appear "angry" or "flaming", relax.... I am smiling the whole time. I think Jim can relate, yes?
petekoloz
View Profile
Elite user
479 Posts

Profile of petekoloz
Todd, will you be speaking at the seminar?
$125 IS peanuts. It is three days Jan 1st thru Feb 2 with the first day devoted to speeches and Q&A, the second day sideshow acts, and the 3rd day field trips to the Gibtown Museum and then the Tampa Fair, where Ward & Chris will demonstrate why and how their 10-in-one works.
Of course, this type of knowledge is only valuable to those who have some use for it.
View Profile
Inner circle
Tampa FL
1399 Posts

Quote:
On 2012-11-28 16:03, petekoloz wrote:
Of course, this type of knowledge is only valuable to those who have some use for it.

Not True! This type of seminar allows even the Casual Sideshow Enthusiast into the Backdoor of the Modern Day Sideshow...a lot can be learned, and a lot can be just simply ...enjoyed...
Evel Knievel

View Profile
Inner circle
Tampa FL
1399 Posts

Hell, I think Wayne (Ballycast) should attend if for no other reason then to crash in Wards Bunkhouse for a night...
Evel Knievel

petekoloz
View Profile
Elite user
479 Posts

Profile of petekoloz
Before your application to become a Sideshow Operator can be approved, all the information that you've submitted must be checked to make certain you've lied.
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2907 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
I am wondering if part of that third day of finding out how a sideshow works involves something called "chinese"?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Learn the Sideshow Secrets.... (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL