The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Rabbit's Death (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6437 Posts

Profile of NJJ
I am sorry to have to report that my much loved rabbit Bamboozle was killed yesterday by a neighborhood dog whose owner could not control him.

It's not until your rabbit dies that you realise how attached you are to them.

Bamboozle used to sit on my desk whilst I did paperwork and I think I saw him more often then my partner on weekends!

It's very sad for me. Smile
Chrystal
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada/France
1552 Posts

Profile of Chrystal
Hi Nicholas,

I am really sorry to hear about Bamboozle. Smile

An attachment to an animal is the difference between being a good guy and well, one that isn't. You're a good guy Nicholas and I'm sorry about your loss.

Chrystal
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4855 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Sorry for your loss, Nicholas. It's tough to lose a friend whether it's a rabbit, dove, dog, cat or whatever. Your rabbit sounds like it was a real cutie. Only time can heal the hurt.
Where the magic begins
RandyStewart
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas (USA)
1989 Posts

Profile of RandyStewart
Better to have it happen now than as a child. I understand and sympathize with your loss but happy to tell you that you'll get over it.
As a child, my three rabbits were killed by the neighbors cat overnight. Upon waking I rushed to the yard with their food bowl in hand to find blood and body parts scattered throughout the cage. This site coupled with the the sound of The Bugs Bunny Show, from my blaring T.V., playing in the background, smell of eggs and bacon in the air, and a cool Saturday morning breeze left a most memorable impression. I love all animals but don't care much for cats, The Bugs Bunny Show, rabbits, and certainly bacon and eggs.

See....it could be worse.
Andrew
View Profile
Loyal user
285 Posts

Profile of Andrew
Nicholas,

Bessie (the rabbit) and I send our condolances.
I often wonder how different my shows would be without Bessie. (After all, it is SHE who does all the work!)
Sorry for such a tragic ending. Hang on to the good memories.

Andrew
Andrew
Professional Provider of Wonderment!
www.andrewsfamilymagic.com
MikeJRogers
View Profile
Veteran user
Australia
354 Posts

Profile of MikeJRogers
Nicholas,

I'm sorry to hear of your loss. I'm sure you have many happy memories of Bamboozle. Many good times lay ahead my freind.

I wish you the all the best,

Michael James Rogers
Mike Rogers Illusion Design - Australia - http://www.mikerogers.com.au
"Nothings impossible, the impossible just takes longer" - Dan Brown novel
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
JustinDavid
View Profile
Veteran user
370 Posts

Profile of JustinDavid
He is resting with my gerbil Midnight, and my guinea pig Chubby. A loss is a loss no matter what it is. I just bought my first ferret today, and it kinda works out for the best. As your pets life here on earth ends, another's begins. Just a never ending cycle of love, happiness, tragedy, and new begginings. Good luck my friend and best wishes from one animal lover, life lover, to another.

Justin David
Newly renovated and ready to be explored:

www.JustinDavidMagic.com
troppobob
View Profile
Veteran user
Crescent Head Australia
372 Posts

Profile of troppobob
Giday Nicholas

I am sorry for your loss.

It is often more distressing when a loss like this occurs suddenly and violently. I note from things I have read form you around the Café that you appear to be able to express yourself in a healthy way. Thankyou for sharing your grief. It is my desire that you grow stronger through this experience.

I have decided to update my rabbits dwelling as I recognise that this could just as easily happen at my home.

Troppo Bob
boltt223
View Profile
Regular user
Arizona, USA
175 Posts

Profile of boltt223
Nicholas...Sorry for your loss. I quickly became attached to my rabbit Deuce when my partner found out he was allergic to him. He fit into my family very well. Remember the good times.
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
I understand what your feeling, I too lost several rabbits to wild dogs. My favoriate flemish giant was also killed by my brother's dog.

I now keep my three rabbits on my back deck where no animals can ever get to them, including racoons.

Another new bunny soon helps the pain go away. My thoughts are with you!
Dennis Michael
Daniel Faith
View Profile
Inner circle
Neenah, Wisconsin
1526 Posts

Profile of Daniel Faith
Sorry to hear about your loss!
My rabbit Houdini is too...
I think I would be going on a dog hunt.
Daniel Faith
DrDale
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of DrDale
I am very sorry for your loss. That really sucks, I know how you feel I had two killed by racoons in my neighborhood.
Bob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Philadelphia, PA
1251 Posts

Profile of Bob Johnston
I do understand how you feel. Some years ago I decided to start using a rabbit (with a Bunny Box) from MAK.) Wellington is a house rabbit and has become very dear to me.

I recently had eye surgery and without his comfort it would have been difficult. There is a gentleness that only an owner would understand.

In my children’s shown, he is the star. I now have to load him and do the “bunny box” at the end of the show. If I use him at the front end of my show, I loose the attention of every little girl in the place. I leave him out on my table/case as I clean-up, he is never left alone by the small kids. They will pet and talk to him for ever.

Recently, I little 8th grade girl kept Wellington in her lap, petting and talking to him. She asked the teacher if she could stay through her lunch. We both knew it was the rabbit that she did not want to leave, I packed up very slowly.

Perhaps this contact with this gentle creature will cause her not to order rabbit is some up-clale restaurant some day.

I think I have a picture of this girl with Wellington and will try to send you the picture uner separate email.

Get another rabbit…
Bob Johnston
Princess_Meg
View Profile
New user
Canada
6 Posts

Profile of Princess_Meg
Im so sorry to hear about your loss. My partner and I just got our first bunny today and we are both so attached to her already.

My thoughts are with you

Princess Meg Smile
Until next time..

Princess Meg
keven
View Profile
Regular user
Apple Valley Ca
106 Posts

Profile of keven
I lost two ducks that way. I am very sorry to hear that.
Penn & Teller "God Bless Them"
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
Nicholas,
Please share a story and memory about your bunny with us. Also, I'd love to see his picture if you can post it in a reply.
Take care,

Jim
Oh, my friend we're older but no wiser, for in our hearts the dreams are still the same...
J.S.llusionDesigns
View Profile
Regular user
118 Posts

Profile of J.S.llusionDesigns
I am really sorry to hear about Bamboozle. Smile
Joe Smith Illusion Designs
DarryltheWizard
View Profile
Loyal user
238 Posts

Profile of DarryltheWizard
Nick,
I am very sorry to hear that your rabbit was killed. I certainly can sympathize with you. I had a rabbit named Houdini for 10 years. He was never sick ; however, two days after Christmas last year, I found him stretched out under my bed . It broke my heart. I placed him into a velvet bag , broke a small magic wand and place it into the bag, drove out to the woods and buried him under a towering pine tree. The same day I drove to a neighbouring town in a snowstorm, bought a new rabbit and drove home. Every time I drive by that section of woods I think of all the good years of fun that he brought to countless children. I named my new rabbit Houdini the second and now I'm very attached to him as well. In honour of my first Tiny Weeny Houdini,I had a coloured photo business card made with Houdini sitting on my shoulder and after my child's show is over I tell them the story of my first Houdini as I thread the punched business card onto a rope which they wear around their necks. One particular child still had the card on their bulletin board a year later.
Darryl the Sentimental Wizard Smile
DarryltheWizard
"Life without mystery is like a candle
with a snuffed out flame." Albert Einstein
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
Iremember taking my precious Bunny to a festival I was performing at. During the break, my daughter took her for a walk, and unexpectedly, she began to go stiff, and had a heart attack right there on the fairgrounds. It was a nightmare, with my daughter bawling and the whole nine yards. We ended up burying the bunny right there on the fairgrounds. I feel deeply for you, because I know how much it hurts.
Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Rabbit's Death (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL