The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » 400-Year-Old Playing Cards Reveal Royal Secret (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

fingerjack
View Profile
Special user
CT, USA
575 Posts

Profile of fingerjack
Very interesting news...

"Call it a card player's dream. A complete set of 52 silver playing cards gilded in gold and dating back 400 years has been discovered.

Created in Germany around 1616, the cards were engraved by a man named Michael Frömmer, who created at least one other set of silver cards."

Read rest of story here: Enjoy: http://news.yahoo.com/400-old-playing-ca......393.html
MAGNAPALM - The World's first psionic magnetic implants that is changing the future of magic http://youtu.be/EDmg2bp_Cas

WASHED AND DRYED - An squeaky clean incredible full deck transformation!
http://fingerjack.wix.com/washedanddryed
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6136 Posts

Profile of motown
Great story
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
lynnef
View Profile
Inner circle
1407 Posts

Profile of lynnef
I noticed from the link that there is controversy over whether one of the kings is in fact a queen!!! The news story mentioned there were kings, knights and knaves and no jokers. Great story and mystery combined. Lynn
TeslaTao
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of TeslaTao
Quote:
The news story mentioned there were kings, knights and knaves and no jokers.

Which is a little interesting historically because the suits retained the traditional Tarot cards suits: coins, wands, swords, and cups, but they lost the last remaining Major Arcana in modern playing cards: the fool.
Magic Pierre
View Profile
Loyal user
212 Posts

Profile of Magic Pierre
Actually, since I started studying this stuff, I have read in several places that, in fact, playing cards (a 52-ish card deck) came first, THEN tarot cards later, unlike what groups like Builders of the Adytum, etc., tell people.

In any event, tarot for divination or anything "occult" DEFINITELY came later, early 18th century, in France.
Wizzard
View Profile
Veteran user
322 Posts

Profile of Wizzard
I see a new deck on the way!!!!!!
It's never the wand, it's always the magician
Mike Ince
View Profile
Inner circle
2041 Posts

Profile of Mike Ince
Maybe I'm just dense, but what exactly was the secret the cards revealed? I couldn't find one in the story.
The secret of deception is in making the truth seem ridiculous.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » 400-Year-Old Playing Cards Reveal Royal Secret (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL