The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » My Secret is Out (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
Anthony Black
View Profile
Special user
Tamworth - Albion
851 Posts

Profile of Anthony Black
Well there is no point trying to hide it from you all any longer...

My Secret is Out! Smile

THE SECRET, is a very simple and direct act of Mind Reading, you have three spectators on stage, sitting on the chairs, you tell them to close their eyes and to think one secret...after a little concentration you are able to read the spectator's secrets! Nothing is written down and no pre-show at all!

Very well structured and I can see myself doing this!

Bravo!

- Luca Volpe, Mentalist

One of the best impromptu Mind Reading effects taken one step further.

Almost REAL Mind Reading!

Very emotional and intense!

- Lars Ruth, Mentalist

Being able to perceive the thoughts of an individual without them speaking or writing down any information is impressive enough.

Imagine taking that amazement and trebling it. You read it right, three thoughts revealed without any prior knowledge of the individuals involved.

It’s shocking to say the very least.

It’s a reputation maker for the novice performer to the seasoned pro; nothing to carry, no fancy equipment to buy.

Easy to learn technique and clearly explained by Anthony Black.

The future is bright; the future is Black.

Mark Thorold – Mentalist & Creator

More info Here:

http://www.thewrongsideofmidnight.com/the-secret.php
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17489 Posts

Profile of Slim King
This sounds amazing!!!! Since I constantly destroy any reputation I have here on the Café it would be great to recreate a new one!!!! Smile
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
catweazle
View Profile
Special user
848 Posts

Profile of catweazle
Is this a different method to DB's 'Reminiscence'?
Anthony Black
View Profile
Special user
Tamworth - Albion
851 Posts

Profile of Anthony Black
Quote:
On 2012-11-30 13:30, catweazle wrote:
Is this a different method to DB's 'Reminiscence'?

100% No Smile
lucavolpe
View Profile
Inner circle
Italy - London
3060 Posts

Profile of lucavolpe
HI catweazie (lol difficult nickname to write) is totally different..no DR involved here Smile Is really a good piece, I was really impressed when I read it and I don't have any business partnership with Anthony...just to be clear
catweazle
View Profile
Special user
848 Posts

Profile of catweazle
Thanks for the info, I'm now ready to click the buy button!
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18496 Posts

Profile of IAIN
...is it for stage only?
Anthony Black
View Profile
Special user
Tamworth - Albion
851 Posts

Profile of Anthony Black
Quote:
On 2012-11-30 13:51, IAIN wrote:
...is it for stage only?

As it stands...Yes. I do believe though once you read the method...it will allow you to create other ideas and presentations...so maybe you could develop other ideas with the method.

Hmmmmm tricky one to answer...

It's currently written up as a stage/parlour piece and that is how it stands today.
timski523
View Profile
Loyal user
Bristol, England
226 Posts

Profile of timski523
I got this today and got to say its one of those things you read and think ' why the hell did I not think of that'!!
It's mixing an old technique with something new and resulting in a lovely principle which can be expands to be used in many effects
Anthony reminds me a bit of Luke Jermay in his writing, well done
I will be using this for sure
Anthony Black
View Profile
Special user
Tamworth - Albion
851 Posts

Profile of Anthony Black
Quote:
On 2012-11-30 14:46, Paul Greene wrote:
Just be careful with mentalism adverts. I bought a DVD by Ben Earl called Skin. The ad suggests no gimmicked coins are used. Well would you class pre bent coins that you have to sit at home with a pair of pliers bending them first before performance 'non' gimmicked coins????, I wouldn't. They are gimmicked in my opinion. You be the judge. Hardly the impromptu trick I feel I was led to believe it was. The rest of the DVD was terrible too...there is a description of the Primacy/Recency effect on the DVD in Earls apparent attempts to infuse Psychology with Mentalism...well Mr Earl, the secrets out, you explained the theory totally incorrectly. You gave it the polar opposite description of it's actual meaning. So the secrets out then re your depth of knowledge of psychology and mentalism! If you want good mentalism with accurate 'Psychology' references and 'non' gimmicked items then stay well away from Ben Earls 'Skin'.

You do know I'm not Ben Earle...Right Smile

You got the right thread?
Card Detective
View Profile
New user
98 Posts

Profile of Card Detective
Quote:
On 2012-11-30 14:46, Paul Greene wrote:
Just be careful with mentalism adverts. I bought a DVD by Ben Earl called Skin. The ad suggests no gimmicked coins are used. Well would you class pre bent coins that you have to sit at home with a pair of pliers bending them first before performance 'non' gimmicked coins????, I wouldn't. They are gimmicked in my opinion. You be the judge. Hardly the impromptu trick I feel I was led to believe it was. The rest of the DVD was terrible too...there is a description of the Primacy/Recency effect on the DVD in Earls apparent attempts to infuse Psychology with Mentalism...well Mr Earl, the secrets out, you explained the theory totally incorrectly. You gave it the polar opposite description of it's actual meaning. So the secrets out then re your depth of knowledge of psychology and mentalism! If you want good mentalism with accurate 'Psychology' references and 'non' gimmicked items then stay well away from Ben Earls 'Skin'.

Where did all this come from?. Whats it got to do with The Secret?
Fluent Spanish speaker, if I can help anyone, let me know.
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
3731 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Sounds like a variation of Luke Jermay's "Touches on Hoy"... Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
Smoking Camel
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1014 Posts

Profile of Smoking Camel
Quote:
On 2012-11-30 14:54, JanForster wrote:
Sounds like a variation of Luke Jermay's "Touches on Hoy"... Jan

Indeed.

I think "the secret" is exactly the kind of release bruce berstien is referring to in his "reading between the lines" essay in unreal.

Highly annoyed that I spent cash on this.
I no longer smoke camel cigarettes.
Anthony Black
View Profile
Special user
Tamworth - Albion
851 Posts

Profile of Anthony Black
Anthony´s ‘The Secret’ is a great take on Jermay´s Touching on Hoy; which allows the performer to create a solid piece with a unique premise.

The "failsafe" technique is excellent!

- Pablo Amirá

One of the best impromptu Mind Reading effects taken ONE STEP FURTHER.

Almost REAL Mind Reading!

Very emotional and intense!

- Lars Ruth, Mentalist
markthorold
View Profile
Inner circle
Shrunken heads atop
1943 Posts

Profile of markthorold
To Smoking Camel , its a gem for what you paid. Ive blown stacks more on pure **** that has been promoted by various arse licking friends of friends on this Forum . Chalk it up to experience if you don't like it and be glad Anthony is modest with his pricing .
E.O.I
Anthony Black
View Profile
Special user
Tamworth - Albion
851 Posts

Profile of Anthony Black
Some things to think about:

*Nothing is written down by you or anyone else
*Can be performed Blindfolded (my preferred style)
*Can be performed Naked (not my preferred style)
*No pre-show involved
*No Electronics
*No Peeks
*NO 'Touching'
*No Pumping
*No Fishing
*No nothing 'extra' to buy or make!
*Suitable for stage or smaller parlour type settings
*Can be adapted to fit your own theme/persona/ideas and further routines
*It's Powerful, Simple and Direct...Mind Reading at its Purest.
*A Reputation Maker
Olympic Adam
View Profile
Inner circle
1237 Posts

Profile of Olympic Adam
Is it possible to explain how we ask the spectators to think of a secret a little more? Is it A secret or one of THEIR secrets?

are there any bits of writing used? I know you say nothing is written down, is anything printed used?

If that sounds like fishing just ignore it, genuinely interested to hear the answers though, sounds like a nice routine!
Anthony Black
View Profile
Special user
Tamworth - Albion
851 Posts

Profile of Anthony Black
Quote:
On 2012-11-30 19:41, Olympic Adam wrote:
are there any bits of writing used? I know you say nothing is written down, is anything printed used?

No...nothing! It is exactly as I describe it...100%! Smile

Quote:
On 2012-11-30 19:41, Olympic Adam wrote:
Is it possible to explain how we ask the spectators to think of a secret a little more?

Yes...

I explain it fully...right here Smile

http://www.thewrongsideofmidnight.com/the-secret.php
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
11729 Posts

Profile of John C
We can read the advert we don't need it posted repeatedly. Tell us why this is so great.
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
insight
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of insight
Can this principle be applied over the telephone? In other words, can this be made into a phone effect?

Regards,
Mike
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » My Secret is Out (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL