The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Magic Koins France (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
MikeTheKid
View Profile
Veteran user
vancouver
329 Posts

Profile of MikeTheKid
Now I am saving for one of the set lol
---------------------------------------------

Magic is a performing art that entertains an audience by creating illusions of seemingly impossible....

www.mikeliumagic.com
magikoins
View Profile
New user
44 Posts

Profile of magikoins
Hi All,

I will be @ Montreal Magic Jam on May 4, 2013

I don't come with all my Stock, thus if you wish to see one of my gaff of my stock, contact me before, and I will come with Smile

http://www.magikoins.com/en/Store/

Hope to see you there

Thierry
jordi magomero
View Profile
New user
27 Posts

Profile of jordi magomero
I found some of the stuff of Magikoins at Ebay for a reasonable price.. (cheaper than on her website)....
Just for those who may be interested...
_____
Let your dreams come true...
www.twitter.com/jordimagomero
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4660 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
Quote:
On 2013-06-26 19:59, jordi magomero wrote:
I found some of the stuff of Magikoins at Ebay for a reasonable price.. (cheaper than on her website)....

The Person I met was a MAN! ! Smile
David Neighbors

The Coinjurer

www.coinjurer.com
Al Desmond
View Profile
Inner circle
Secret Mountain Lair in Conifer, Co
1415 Posts

Profile of Al Desmond
Quote:
On 2013-06-26 19:59, jordi magomero wrote:

Thierry is a MANS name... he's French... there's a big wide wonderful world out there.
magikoins
View Profile
New user
44 Posts

Profile of magikoins
Yep David, I'm only a man Smile lol.

Happy you remember of me Smile
jordi magomero
View Profile
New user
27 Posts

Profile of jordi magomero
Sure... Sorry... My m'instalen... English is not my first language and I made a mistake... My apologies Thierry LOL Smile
_____
Let your dreams come true...
www.twitter.com/jordimagomero
magikoins
View Profile
New user
44 Posts

Profile of magikoins
No prob Jordi Smile Have you tried the patina ? nice result?
lithyem
View Profile
Veteran user
San Diego, CA
311 Posts

Profile of lithyem
I decided to request a custom set myself from Thierry - a delicious silver set of Belgium 5 Francs. Clink clink
xav5000
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of xav5000
My last set by Magikoins is one of the best set I've ever seen.
Other thing : I saw in his website SILVER JUMBO COINS!!!
Great news for us!!!
Christmas,Christmas....lol
xav5000
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of xav5000
RobDougherty
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of RobDougherty
Having read this thread I'm intrigued by all of the positive comments on the work. I was wondering (as I can't find it on the website) what the costs are if you send your own coins rather than buy them from Magikoins?
magikoins
View Profile
New user
44 Posts

Profile of magikoins
Hi Robb,

Yes and Yes Smile

YES, it seems my customers are happy with their gaffs Smile
Perhaps because I'm listening to them to make the most Deceptive gaff of their dream Smile

YES, I accept to made gaffs with your own coins.
About the price, all depends of what you want exactly as job.

If you have any questions, just send me an mail at thierry@magikoins.com

Thanks
RobDougherty
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of RobDougherty
Hi Thierry

I'm still in the process of locating the coins I would like to use (I'm leaning towards larger coins than dollar sized) but once I have them in hand I will definitely get in touch about prices. Thanks for the swift response.

Rob
xav5000
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of xav5000
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
2983 Posts

Profile of warren
Wow what a thread !!

I checked this thread out as I'm having some problems regarding contacting certain coin manufactures and others being out of stock and happened to come across M.K.S GAFFS website, talk about giving one of the new men on the block a hard time.

For what it's worth I think it's great news for magic that we have another quality coin manufacturer available for us as there's not that many about Smile
StarManager
View Profile
Special user
Maui, Hawaii
714 Posts

Profile of StarManager
Hi. I'm new on this thread but have been in the "box" for over 40 years both professionally and semi-professionally later in life. I have the best gaffs in the world - been really blessed by being able to get many of Todd Lassen's releases. I have purchased from everyone else except this manufacturer until now. I think Lassen is #1 and without peer. Johnson has a couple of great pieces. Even Tango with their true silver TUC is brilliant in that one release. The trick for me it to find the best of the best. With Lassen - if he makes it I will buy it. I just received Karate Coin and Urban from MKS Magic Koins. I have to say that the URBAN coin is revolutionary. It is a masterpiece of innovation in a very simple way. Ringing one of these in and then out during any routine allows you to create absolute miracles. Because it is a different type of gaff, the precision is not that big a deal and what I received is 11 out of 10 on brilliance, construction and all aspects of what I ordered being fulfilled. I am VERY impressed. The Karate coin is an excellent concept but alas, honestly, this is not constructed as "perfectly" as it would be if say Lassen made it. I am not dissing this prop. It is fantastic. It just is not perfect in it's execution in my opinion. Better than what you would get if Johnson or Tango made it. About what I'd expect if Schoolcraft made it. But not as good as it could be. As designed it is workable and I will use it. But if it was made by say Lassen you would just not see what you are not supposed to see. With MKS I see it so I have to move more. Finally in overall design, where the URBAN/ is perfection, the Karate would be improved by adding an off center tiny pin in one part and a tiny hole in another. When "restoring the hole" if the pin/hole were on this coin you could twist to the correct center and body orientation. It also uses wax instead of a magnetic connection. I understand why but it could and should be done with the mag. This is my opinion. The invention is smart. Nobody else offers this version. It is therefore best in class and a real worker. I anxiously await the Neokito box from this manufacturer and suspect this too will be a real unique tool. My verdict is that every coin worker will LOVE the URBAN and it is priced just right and affordably. I will order more of these. Overall - Lassen is King n=by a mile but there is creativity and quality here at MKS that commands serious respect.
"I'm a professional magician and once in a while I even work." Jonathan Todd Excelsior (StarManager)
StarManager
View Profile
Special user
Maui, Hawaii
714 Posts

Profile of StarManager
Sorry for being so long winded and I hope this is helpful as it is meant to be for fellow magicians.
"I'm a professional magician and once in a while I even work." Jonathan Todd Excelsior (StarManager)
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
3733 Posts

Profile of videoman
Starmanager, would you remind explaining what the Urban & Karate coins are, or what you can do with them?
StarManager
View Profile
Special user
Maui, Hawaii
714 Posts

Profile of StarManager
Quote:
On Jun 27, 2017, videoman wrote:
Starmanager, would you remind explaining what the Urban & Karate coins are, or what you can do with them?

Videoman:

Sure - The URBAN coin may be the most valuable single gaff coin I've ever seen. It is essentially a hook coin that has no hook! Imagine your entire hand and body and all your clothing and everything around you had steel in it. And imagine that this particular coin stuck to anything and came off silently and without being detected. But there are no magnets in this unique design. Look up Urban Coin on youtube with MAGIK COINS in the search and you'l see videos. It's spectacular. Using it alone you can do minutes of otherwise impossible routines. The value to me in this coin is to ring it in and out to do special and impossible vanishes or appearances. You can be totally hand burned and nobody will see where it came from or where it went. It makes you superman with coins. Easy stuff doesn't take much practice. Other routines that come with the coin in video take some time to learn. All worth it for the miracle.

Karate Coin by this manufacturer lets you put your finger through a solid half or dollar coin VISIBLY. The spectator sees and can touch the coin and your finger melts through. Reasonably easy to do but very good with a solid switch at the beginning and end. This is not a hole in a coin. It is a solid visible penetration. Again Search MAGIK COIN KARATE and you'll see youtube videos.

This manufacturer is not of the calibre of my favorite coin man, Todd Lassen. And that's a shame because the concepts MK has are great but the execution is just not as good as those who are known for the best in precision manufacturing. That said, while these gaffs are expensive they are not available from Lassen and they are good enough to use with pride. I hope this helps you!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Magic Koins France (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL