The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Something terrible has happened:let's play "Be Obtuse!" (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
My great aunt Betty had her leg, collar bone, hip and skull fractured, after being mown down by an SUV.

Oh yeah.

Now, after the driver failed to stop, he was charged with "hit and run". Much to the displeasure of my family, not least 23 of my various cousins, I question that charge. Why? Because the guy called it in the next day! So, there was a time delay. That's crucial in this case. He reported it, and until I see evidence otherwise, EVERYTHING hangs in the balance. And I stand by my judgement, and I stand by my long paragraph. I stand behind the right of every magician to derail any thread, however benign or altruistic, and make that thread about me. Because I am the one who really sees things as they are, not through some green-tinted lens.

Please share your own experiences, guys. Maybe, once, some utterly irrelevant point occurred to you, and then a pesky major event eclipsed it?

If so, and I know it's true, then this thread is for you, friend! I'd love to hear your stories...

;)
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
I have no experience with such a thing (thank goodness), but it seems to be an instance where "better late than never" does not apply. He hit, and he ran. Turning one's self in takes a thought process after the initial offense. For whatever reason (guilt, fear, submission, posturing, etc.), he changed his mind on his original action. While it may factor into the outcome, it doesn't change the fact that a crime was committed.

Did I miss the point of this thread?
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Octopus Sun
View Profile
Special user
Wiggle Wiggle
586 Posts

Profile of Octopus Sun
Bet the dude was drinking and driving, only reason to run imho then turn yourself in after due to witnesses possibly.
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
Wife: It's me or this houseful of
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
Quote:
On 2012-11-30 21:34, Michael Baker wrote:

Did I miss the point of this thread?

I think I did too.
What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about? Smile

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Hit and run is basically the same offense as leaving the scene of an accident. He left the scene, ergo he is guilty. The fact that he reported it later may mitigate the penalty but has nothing to do with whether he committed the offense or not.
irossall
View Profile
Special user
Snohomish, Washington
529 Posts

Profile of irossall
Worked for Ted Kennedy.
Iven Smile
Give the gift of Life, Be an Organ Donor.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
It's a reference to the Wayne Houchin threads in the Did you hear the Latest forum.
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2491 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
I once had my foot run over by a car. It did not hurt as bad as I thought it would, but it did not feel good either. Thankfully it was a small car. There was never a report becasue I myself was driving.

Tom, I know this is a lousy thing to have to think about, but consider going around to bars he may have been at drinking and get a witness as to time. I have no clue how that will change his sentence, but it will make people look at him hard if you can show he was drinking.
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
LOL
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
If the OP had at least bothered to reference the thread in the other forum his comment would have made sense. Personally, I only read this section, the Penny forum and Inner Thoughts, so the post came across as strange, to say the least.
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
I only really read here, all tied up and believe it or not ..... So I am "with you" (metaphorically) Mr MasterMindReader - as I, too, have no idea what this is about. I think a link would have helped a bit. To e honest though Mr MMR (are you a vaccine on your day off?) you really have not got an excuse not to know what Tomsk192 was asking about (with being a mind reader an all). Smile
Ray Tupper.
View Profile
Special user
NG16.
749 Posts

Profile of Ray Tupper.
She should think herself lucky.
I've just bit my nail on my indexfinger a bit too deep.I pulled it sideways exposing the quick.
This is gonna be a nightmare as I've got a lot of pointing at things to do today.
Ray.
What do we want?
A cure for tourettes!
When do we want it?
C*nt!
imgic
View Profile
Inner circle
Moved back to Midwest to see
1338 Posts

Profile of imgic
Just happened to me too? Nail got caught and bent.. Then tore off exposing the quick.

Cosmic karma seeking to slow dorm magicians of the world? Anyone else having fingernail issues?
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
Jim Sparx
View Profile
Inner circle
Far Out, Texas
1144 Posts

Profile of Jim Sparx
This thread is pointless.
imgic
View Profile
Inner circle
Moved back to Midwest to see
1338 Posts

Profile of imgic
Quote:
On 2012-12-06 13:58, spartacus wrote:
This thread is pointless.

Isn't that the point?
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Something terrible has happened:let's play "Be Obtuse!" (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL