The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Your favorite (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
ralphs007
View Profile
Inner circle
1087 Posts

Profile of ralphs007
Hi
1. Johnson Hoping half set
2. Johnson CSB set
3. Johnson cigarette through quarter
4.Johnson Peace dollar sh++l
5.Blackout Kennedy half dollar

I have more but these are my favorite
"You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him".
James D. Miles
Bambu
View Profile
Elite user
465 Posts

Profile of Bambu
At the moment my prefered coin set is UWC (clad coins) set from Todd Lassen to perform Todd's original Wild Coin routine.
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
8906 Posts

Profile of funsway
I wouldn't say the TUC is my favorite -- I just started creating new effects using it and can't stop.

My hidden favorite is the Birch Stack -- something I discovered by accident (1934) and am now modernizing for new eBook.

Basically an intertwined use of a exp [ and a Hooked Coin - now a magnetic one. No, the Hooker is never in the [ -- it is matter of controlled timing
that allows for some unique effects and amazing old ones.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

ShareBooks at www.eversway.com * questions at funsway@eversway.com
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7039 Posts

Profile of bowers
The new Quarter-Penny tuc coin
that Mr Tango is introducing
should be very intresting also.
Todd
Zack_Johnston
View Profile
Special user
California
659 Posts

Profile of Zack_Johnston
I know that the TUC coin helps you instantly produce a second coin from the original coin, but is the Quarter-Penny where you can produce a penny instantly from a quarter? (looks like scotch and soda?) Thanks...
Tom Fenton
View Profile
Inner circle
Leeds, UK (but I'm Scottish)
1468 Posts

Profile of Tom Fenton
Eddie Gibson Chinese Bit set.
"But there isn't a door"
cbusch55
View Profile
Elite user
413 Posts

Profile of cbusch55
Torn between two Lassen sets that I got last year. The UWC set is versatile and a work of art. But I also love the Cerebus set. His combo sets are amazing.
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
6821 Posts

Profile of Dougini
I have three Johnson Exp ['s. A Quarter, a Kennedy Half Dollar, and an Ike Dollar. Absolutely the best coin gaffs I have! I also have two C/S coins in Kennedy Half/English Penny.

I also have a unique coin. A quarter version of FUSION, by Dr. Michael Rubinstein. I love it! Very, very unusual...

Doug
Merc Man
View Profile
Inner circle
Nuneaton, Warwickshire
2662 Posts

Profile of Merc Man
My favourite gaffed coin still has to be my folding coin, or maybe I should say coins - as I have them in most sizes of U.K. Currency; ready to switch in for any value of borrowed coin handed to me.

Whilst I adore coin magic in most of it's forms (although I still dislike the generally confusing plot of 3Fly) there isn't a coin trick that I have EVER performed that registers so well with laymen as 'Coin in Bottle'.

To my mind, passing a borrowed coin into a borrowed glass bottle held by a spectator, then just as easily taking it out again (a point most magicians overlook, so they lose a major part of the plot in my view) is as close to REAL magic as you can possibly get. Add in some sleeving and you've got an ultra-clean effect that sits up there in the miracle class. Smile
Barry Allen

Joe Riding (1932 - 2005). "I still miss you mate".
https://magicweek.co.uk/magic_articles/article_joe_riding.htm
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7039 Posts

Profile of bowers
Yea that is a great little effect that gets awesome reactions.
todd
BanzaiMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1598 Posts

Profile of BanzaiMagic
Cerberus
TWIAD
Morgan TUC
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
6821 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Hey, guys! A very generous and kind Café member here, sent me his Kennedy Half Dollar FUSION coin! The DVD came with it. After watching it, I realized I had come up with my own handling back when I got my quarter version. Using the Half, I use MB's "Crimp Switch", and it works great! One of the best kept secrets in gaffed coins! Smile

http://www.newyorkcoinmagic.net/Rubinstein.htm

(scroll down about 1/3 the way)

Doug
Dr Eschaton
View Profile
New user
U.K.
14 Posts

Profile of Dr Eschaton
I love my sh*%l. Like Cnd Andrew said - Such a versitile thing. £2 version. I am learning a beautiful coins across routine from Kieron Johnson. He does this SO elegantly... I however have a way to go yet and must stop spending the regular £2 coins!

Coin Unique, £1 and penny version. Use this for coin to mouth sucked thru arm which I learned from the mighty Tokyo, from Lombok Indonesia.

I use a split £2 for a story about the banks and (of course) for bag4life. The coin is not the best match as the writing on the side does not join together perfectly but thankfully I have never been called on it. I always keep a regular close by to switch out with when the heat is on the bag...

All the best,

Colin
Ramin
View Profile
Regular user
119 Posts

Profile of Ramin
Shell for me.
jcrabtree2007
View Profile
Special user
626 Posts

Profile of jcrabtree2007
I'm with Poof-Daddy on this one. I have a lot of fun with my Triception set.
mixman
View Profile
Loyal user
Northern Colorado
292 Posts

Profile of mixman
I get the most use out of my X-sh*l. But I just started playing around with the TUC, and it's amazing some of the effects you can come up with. Especially using both in tandem.
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7039 Posts

Profile of bowers
I love the shell too but the tuc rocks dud.
SPONGE KONG
View Profile
New user
86 Posts

Profile of SPONGE KONG
Bowers I have a T.U.C in a Half Dollar that I really would like to get into using but always revert to my s***l as I just know the handling inside out and very confident with it, I really want to try something new and I can see the impact and possibilitys this T.U.C coin could have! Do you have Mr Tango's new T.U.C DVD ?
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
8906 Posts

Profile of funsway
Quote:
On 2013-02-17 04:10, SPONGE KONG wrote:
Bowers I have a T.U.C in a Half Dollar that I really would like to get into using but always revert to my s***l as I just know the handling inside out and very confident with it, I really want to try something new and I can see the impact and possibilitys this T.U.C coin could have! Do you have Mr Tango's new T.U.C DVD ?

get "T.U.C. Appreciation" with more than 60 effects -- the key Tango ones plus many not on his DVD and some contributed by notable magicians. This was written to inspire magicians like yourself to create your own effects and modifications, so there is philosophy, history and theory as well. Available in many formats from LuLu.com
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

ShareBooks at www.eversway.com * questions at funsway@eversway.com
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7039 Posts

Profile of bowers
Sponge King I do have the new dvd.
It has quite a few routiens on it.
and Mr Tango shows how he handles
and opens the Tuc for himself.
It is worth the twenty four dollars.
Todd
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Your favorite (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL